Houston
    Orlando
    Toronto
    Detroit
    Charlotte
    Dallas
    Portland
    Cleveland

Which team do you see having the best team on the court three years out?
    Which team do you see rebuilding to mediocrity?
    Which rebuild do you see failing completely?
    Who is still lottery bound 3 years out?

Just thought we might gain some perspective on our own rebuild by looking at the various challenges other teams face. Might show us just how tough constructing a team capable of contenting in the NBA
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Cleveland is the best at the rebuild right now. They've locked every 5 positions (depending on lottery), and they're getting good playing time with one another. Not to mention they've surrounded themselves with very good veterans like Anderson Varejao. They already have (not established, but growing) star in the league in Kyrie Irving. Two very good wing players in Waiters and Gee, two traditional, defensive big men in Thompson and Zeller. This team has a traditional lineup, that play well off one another. Inexperience is why they're not doing ideally well.
    Last edited by ReubenJRD; Sun Dec 16, 2012, 02:47 PM.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Cleveland, Charlotte, and Toronto, imo.

Portland and Houston and perhaps New Orleans come next
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

All these teams seem to be on the right track. The only ones who I feel are still rebuilding wrong are Sacramento Phoenix and maybe Detroit.

Comment

It's probably a toss up between Cleveland and NO. Both teams have franchise type players (Irving and Davis respectively). Talent wins in the NBA.

Phoenix has cheap ownership and no stud. Orlando has no stud and mediocre/high priced vets. I'm still not sure what Toronto is doing - I'd feel better with a different GM unfortunately.

I have no idea what Sacramento is doing. Their ownership situation is bad, and the team has just been awful.

Phoenix, Sacramento, and Orlando. But it also depends on who wins the 2014 draft. That will change any teams fortunes, so it's hard to say.

I also think Detroit (with Monroe/Knight/Drummond), Houston (with Harden/Asik), Portland (Aldridge and Lillard), Charlotte (MKG, Walker, Biyombo) are in good shape.

Comment

**You left out Washington, in my opinion!**

New Orleans, Portland, Cleveland (depends on Irving's health, I'm starting to be wary), Toronto (because I'm a homer)

Detroit, Washington, Dallas, Charlotte, Houston (cursed by average unless they hit it big in FA this summer)

Sacramento, Phoenix

Sacramento, Phoenix, Orlando (they just started rebuild),

Comment

ah shit I did forget about them didn't I
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

We will actually be a very good team in 3 years. Jonas will be big time and we got some nice guys in DeRo, Ro$$, Eddy D, and Fields

Comment

I guess since I started the thread I should throw my own ideas into the pot

A. I like what Charlotte is doing. Jeff Taylor, MKG, and Biyombo will be giving teams fits with their defense three years out. They could use some solid veterans to tutor the young core and teach them how to win but, MJ seems to be rebuilding the right way.

Detroit seems to be going nowhere fast. Knight is a capable PG but does not have star written on him like many predicted. Monroe is going to a solid servicable big for them for years to come. The gamble they took was on Drummond. So much now depends on his development.

Sacremento does not appear to have any discernible vision. They have players that could be great but they all need to be in different situations.

Jimmer Fredette needs to be the 6th man with a license to shoot not being groomed to be a starting PG

DeMarcus Cousins needs to be with a coach that will kick his ass (Popovich, Casey, Rivers, Thibs etc...)

Tyreke needs an opportunity to play like Harden. The SG who does dominate the ball.

James Johnson needs the same tough love as DeMarcus

Isiah Thomas needs to start regularly and play through his mistakes.

Orlando and Sacremento. I don't really see a plan taking shape in Orlando. They are strictly in an acquiring assets faze.

Comment

Cleveland.

Will maybe actually properly participate in this thread when I get home from work. Haha

Comment

Who was the better first overall PG pick?

John Wall or Kyrie Irving?
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Kyrie, without competition
                        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          Cleveland.

Will maybe actually properly participate in this thread when I get home from work. Haha
                          That was insane! Kyrie has some mad handles. He almost made Jason Kidd face plant on the hardwood

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post

Kyrie.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post

No question Kyrie Irving. He seems to have a stage presence and knowledge of the game that's incomparable to other second-first year players. John Wall is a really, really good pick as well, but hes fairly inconsistent, and still needs to learn how to control his game speed.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                              X