No announcement yet.

Rumour: Toronto made an offer for Melo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumour: Toronto made an offer for Melo?

Sources say Denver is talking to a number of teams, but said NY, NJ, HOU, Clips, GSW, Cleveland and Tor have made offers - no deal is close.

http://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/sta...61842165030912

I wonder if Toronto put out an offer to broker a deal or if it was to take Melo for the season?

Regardless of what happens, this situation is becoming painful. I can only imagine how Nuggets fans feel. I only hope he doesn't have his cake and get to eat it too i.e. get to the Knicks and have his max contract.

I seriously doubt they gave an offer for Melo.

Comment

LOL What did we offer? Bargnani, Ed Davis, Reggie Evans, Peja Stojakovic, DeRozan for Melo, Al Harrington, $15M TPE, Nene. LOL we have nothing they would accept that would be worth it for us either

Comment

... we have drafts picks, Trade exceptions, Young talent, and expiring contracts. Not sure they are looking for anything BUT those things. We might not have the best package, but we could certainly make an offer.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          ... we have drafts picks, Trade exceptions, Young talent, and expiring contracts. Not sure they are looking for anything BUT those things. We might not have the best package, but we could certainly make an offer.
          I would agree. The big issue is he would be a rental here so he would have to be flipped. However, if he won't sign an extenstion with NJ then it would not be worth it because that would be the only trade partner TOR should look to deal with - much like DEN is only looking to deal with NJ, not NYK.

I do not think TOR made an offer outright for Melo. If the 'source' in the tweet is correct, then I would say they offered to broker a deal. This is all idle speculation on my part, of course.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
            LOL What did we offer? Bargnani, Ed Davis, Reggie Evans, Peja Stojakovic, DeRozan for Melo, Al Harrington, $15M TPE, Nene. LOL we have nothing they would accept that would be worth it for us either
            What in blazes are you talking about? The Nuggets would gladly take Bargnani, Evans, one of our young guys - DeRozan or Davis, and a pick for Melo and Harrington. Thats a better offer than what Jersey has on the table. However, it makes no sense from our standpoint to make a play for Melo cause he wont stick around.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
              No matter what, Denver won't get too much for Melo since everybody knows that he wants out of Denver. Unless Melo agrees to sign an extension with a new team, he will be pretty much a rental for this season. Raptors have at least comparable assets with what other teams are willing to offer for Melo.

Comment

Wed Jun 30th, 2010 08:40 AM #1
                Buddahfan

Proposal - Blockbuster Trade For Carmelo?

Kiszla: Nuggets trade Carmelo Anthony? It's possible
                One never knows about these things

An offer, no doubt

Completing a trade for him given the Ujiri - BC connection is possible.

Though I would put the chances of it happening based upon what we now know about Melo wanting to play N.Y. at something less than 25% but still possible.
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Of course they made an offer, as did 28 other GM's doing their job and trying to get the best possible talent. Doesn't mean it would be anywhere close to being accepted on either end, but I'm sure the GM's are always talking and sniffing out possible deals (that being their job and all).

Comment

Carmelo in T.O. - No Way!

If BC could pilfer Billups, Anthony, and RIP, he would give up everything but Bargnani to do it. But even he would be smarter than to think that Anthony's ego would let him get "Boshed" (ignored by the American media).

Colangelo was probably looking to use TPE and draft picks to get a hold of Devon Harris or some other talent being moved around. Carmelo would be Vince Redux, and he might be an even bigger sissy than Airbag Carter (remember his bitch-slap and run in that bench clearing brawl?).

Comment

The NY area is Melo's target with the Knicks as first choice. He will not sign an extension with anyone else it seems. How TO possibly fits into the equation is mystifying except as a facilitator/third party. Now it seems Detroit is in there as that. This shit has to stop in the next cba. What a charade for the fans in Denver. I see where Amare is preferring not to blow up the Knicks for Anthony so the Nets are probably it for him or no max deal extension.

Comment

It not would make sense for the Raptors to go after Melo. If Bosh wouldn't re-sign here then why would Melo?

Just looking at the Raptors assets.
                        • Peje's expiring deal
                        • TPE
                        • Two first rounders this coming draft
                        • Reggie Evans' expiring contract
                        • Young, cheap players like Ed Davis, DeMar DeRozan, Jerryd Bayless, Solomon Alabi and Sonny Weems

The Nuggets would want all the most values pieces out of that. My guess would be the two 1st rounders, maybe next years' 1st rounder, Ed Davis, DeMar DeRozan, Solomon Alabi and Peja Stojakovic.

And FYI,

The New Jersey Nets' latest attempt to acquire Denver's Carmelo Anthony involves the Detroit Pistons.

Sources with knowledge of the talks confirmed the Nets and Nuggets have discussed a three-way trade proposal that would land Nuggets guard Chauncey Billups and Pistons guard Rip Hamilton alongside Anthony in New Jersey.

But a source close to the situation subsequently told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard that the three-way deal in its proposed form -- which would require the Pistons to take Nets center Johan Petro and surrender a first-round pick in addition to absorbing the expiring contract of Troy Murphy to the Pistons -- is not amenable to Detroit.

The source told Broussard the Pistons -- restricted in their attempts to make changes in recent months because of the team's pending sale -- would be interested if a trade scenario develops where they only had to surrender Hamilton and take back Murphy. Such a scenario, however, has not been discussed.
                        Source: ESPN.com
                        Last edited by Apollo; Sat Jan 8, 2011, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Because Colangelo is close to the Nugget's GM, he likely offered to be a potential partner in a three or four-way deal that lands Melo in NJ or NY. No way Bryan would be making an offer that ultimately lands Melo in Toronto.

Comment

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=25vjsy9

this would be realistic, but far from being possible lol
                            http://www.twitter.com/YateeshKevin23

Comment

If the Raps are to be involved, it is likely as a 3rd team to help facilitate a deal between Denver and one of NY or NJ.

IMO though, Anthony is only going to sign the 3yr/65mil extension if it is a trade to the Knicks. These young guys entering their prime are going to get the same amount of money anywhere in the league, they want to win. So Anthony may get traded elsewhere, but he will be a Knick next season.
                              Last edited by TheR3dMenace; Sat Jan 8, 2011, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X