X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serbia - Lithuania play by play - starting now

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
      Lets hope JV becomes his country next Arvydas Sabonis minus the injuries.
      I hope so too. Yet Sabonis was pretty much the best C in europe at 17y old.

Ok Serbia 54-71 Lithuania, the game was pretty close especially in 3rd quarter. 18pts, 13rebs and 3blcks for JV, yet only 43% shooting (6/14). I guess he faced some decent opposition in the paint for the first time in the tournament.

Looking forward for the rematch with USA 2:30pm local time aka 6:30am EST tomorrow.

Comment

JV is a promising prospect but comparisons to Sabonis are premature. When his wheels were in tact, Sabonis could do it all, post up, rebound, block shots, shoot the 3, run the floor, handle the ball, pass, etc.

Comment

Lituania beats Serbia ----71-54

JV has another good game...played 34 min, 18pts. & 13 rebs.

http://latvia2011.fiba.com//pages/en...5194/game.html

oops sorry didnt realize it was posted already
          Last edited by Bendit; Mon Jul 4, 2011, 01:35 PM.

Comment

RIGA (FIBA U19 World Championship) – One week ago the USA had just arrived in Europe and were given a wakeup call by Lithuania in their final preparation game for the FIBA U19 World Championship.

One week on and the two teams are preparing to meet on Tuesday in a preview of the final that many would like – and expect – to see.

Coming off Monday’s victory against Serbia - their fourth in as many games – the Americans have gone from major repairs to fine tuning, and USA head coach Paul Hewitt intent on looking forwards, not back.

“You forget about what happened five days ago and worry about the next game," he said. "We played well, they played really well.”

However, Hewitt suggested that when they are on top of their game, Lithuania are almost unplayable.

“If we are going to have a chance we are going to have to play better. And they are going to have to play worse,” he concluded.
            Strong words from a coach whose country currently holds the title in all six FIBA World Championship categories.
            http://latvia2011.fiba.com/pages/eng...1/article.html

Comment

From that pic, JV has a small head or wide shoulders - I'm hoping the latter.
              Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Jul 4, 2011, 06:49 PM. Reason: pic not pick

Comment

wide shoulders. that's what a lot of scouts were raving about, actually. because his shoulder are so wide he'll be able to bulk up without losing a lot of mobility.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  wide shoulders. that's what a lot of scouts were raving about, actually. because his shoulder are so wide he'll be able to bulk up without losing a lot of mobility.
                  Sorry that was one of my tongue in cheek replies - lol.

Comment

Great game going on with LIT vs USA.

Comment

LOL - Young misses 2 FT's with USA up by 2 with 7.3 secs remaining. LIT rebounds, push ahead, shot blocked by Young, JV off rebound and dunk, tied game with 1.7.

OT

Heading in to OT: JV 26/15 and 4 blocks; Young 7/6 and 1 block; both have 4 fouls.

Comment

Young is playing well in OT but JV just dunked on him and then Young returned the favour with a completed and on on Butkevicius.

This is a great game.

Comment

Lamb hits jumper with 1.8 remaining.

LIT were up 101-95 when Butkevicius missed 2 FT's and the wheels fell off from there.

Comment

JV final stat line:

30 and 15 with 4 blks, 1 stl, 1 ast, 1 TO, 11/20 FG, 8/10 FT, 6 offensive rebs, 4 fouls in 37:40.

Young played very well in OT with 8 points finishing with 15/7 and 4 blocks.

I wonder if he still feels JV is not a lottery pick?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              From that pic, JV has a small head or wide shoulders - I'm hoping the latter.
                              I'm saying a little of column A, and a little of Column B.

Comment

Big Val doin' it.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X