Simple deal, MIGHT WORK

Toronto :
    PG Chris Paul
    and an extra piece player

New Orleans:
    PG Calderon
    PF Reggie Evans
    SG Marco Belinelli
    PF Brandon Bass ( he rarely gets playing time)
    PF Ryan Anderson
    2 first round draft picks from either Orlando or Toronto

Orlando:
    Hedo Turkoglu

This deal works out well for the raptors, they get an actual star point guard, Orlando gets there main guy back since they love spending money on useless players ( BASS) and N.O. has young talent in Bass and Anderson and as well it gives a chance for Collison and Thorton to step up there game.

I think New Orleans is looking to dump Okafor's contract before they do anything with Paul, which could always be an option for us if Bosh leaves. Expiring Banks Evans and Belinelli for Okafor and move Bargs to his natural 4 spot. Don't get me wrong i would love to get Paul and keep Bosh I just don't see it happening, when's the last time the Raps caught a break in the last 15 years.

Oh ya I'm all for sending Turko back to where he came from, maybe for Gortat and Bass.
    Last edited by Aris; Fri Apr 23, 2010, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Assuming this works in the trade-checker, New Orleans is taking back too many long-term contracts here. Evans, Belinelli and Anderson are expiring next summer for a total of $8.8M, but Jose's got three more years at close at $9.8M per, and Bass has three more years at $4M per.

Once you factor in Paul's average salary of $15.5M per year, they'll be saving about $2M per year by having Jose and Bass instead of him. Not worth it for them.

Comment

I don't know how serious I am supposed to take this. It looks like you just picked a player you would like on the Raps, selected a bunch of bums from our roster and Orlando's and dispersed them amongt both teams without taking into consideration that A)New Orleans isn't just going to give away one of the 5 best players in the league, and B)if Orlando wanted Turk they would have kept him last year.
        Deadallus

Comment

they didnt keep turk cause he wanted a max deal from orlando, and they weren't willing to give it to him,

and hornets already have a young talented line up wit collison and thorton and now u add anderson and bass, two guys who if actually get playing time can get 15 points easy and bass is a beast.

Comment

singhking15 wrote: View Post
            they didnt keep turk cause he wanted a max deal from orlando, and they weren't willing to give it to him,

and hornets already have a young talented line up wit collison and thorton and now u add anderson and bass, two guys who if actually get playing time can get 15 points easy and bass is a beast.
            I am sorry, I think you are mistaken about Hedo & max. deal from Orlando. A max deal would have been in the 17 mill. range. He is making 10-11mill. I believe Orlando offered 7 (which in retrospect was his right value) for 3-4 yrs. while he wanted 5 yrs at a higher per annum. And why would they want him back when Carter is performing his role now and he has an another year on his deal.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              I am sorry, I think you are mistaken about Hedo & max. deal from Orlando. A max deal would have been in the 17 mill. range. He is making 10-11mill. I believe Orlando offered 7 (which in retrospect was his right value) for 3-4 yrs. while he wanted 5 yrs at a higher per annum. And why would they want him back when Carter is performing his role now and he has an another year on his deal.
              ya, i can't lie it's true.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

don't think orlando will take hedo back, and definitely not in exchange for anderson. i like what the other two teams are receiving/giving, but it just seems like a bad deal for orlando, so it won't make it possible.

Comment

Working...
                X