The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Wait, you've seen him play SF? Last I checked he has NEVER played a minute of SF in his LIFE. He's a PG. THAT'S the only position he has ever played. It's the way he sees the game. Read the scouting reports yourself, he has some serious disadvantageous against SFs. His lack of athleticism will get him tore up. His advantages are tied to matching up against smaller players at his position, and compensating with his length on defense. Why would you take his best advantage from him? I don't get that mentality.

Players can't just change position at will. That's why drafting uber-athlete Joey G and assuming he could convert positions (from PF to SF) was a bad idea. Only special players can convert positions and Anderson is solid, not special. Otherwise, he would be in the lottery.
    We drafted PJ Tucker as a PF and he's killing it for Phoenix at the 3...
    Wouldn't call him 'special' by any means.

Also, anywhere I check, Anderson is listed as a PG/F.
    NBADraft.net has him listed as a straight-up 'Small Forward'.

Rivals.com, who handles all High-School recruitment etc. had him listed as the "#1 Rated Small Forward" coming out of High School.
    Last edited by Joey; Mon Apr 7, 2014, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• He's a point Forward. SF guard him because he has the ball but who would he guard on defense the SF or PG

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• So, I've been trying to think of potential draft options, and I keep thinking of Tyler Ennis and Kyle Anderson as my top choices in our range (or close to it). Both could potentially fall to the Raptors, but both could also go a few picks higher. So I thought I'd review possible trade partners for moving up a few spots:

PHX: As things are slotted now, have picks #14 and #17. A straight swap might work or some minor deal to move up.
        ORL: Likely have a top 5 pick....So possible the pick they hold at #15 right now could be available.
        CHI: As things currently stand they have #16 and #19, and at worst probably 17 and 20 (if Bobcats move up and so do they)
        BOS: A high lottery team that also have the #18 pick

Bottom line: every pick between 14 and 19 that are currently ahead of us could be up for grabs. Just something to keep in mind.

Most likely higher target: Philly may be open to trading the pick they have at 10 from the Pelicans, not sure what the price would be though.

Comment

......So! What do people think of PJ Hairston?
          I'll put in a plug for my fellow North Carolinian. If it were not for those brushes with the law and violating NCAA rules, he would be a top ten pick. He is a solid wing player. If he is available, a steal.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            We drafted PJ Tucker as a PF and he's killing it for Phoenix at the 3...
            Wouldn't call him 'special' by any means.

Also, anywhere I check, Anderson is listed as a PG/F.
            NBADraft.net has him listed as a straight-up 'Small Forward'.

Rivals.com, who handles all High-School recruitment etc. had him listed as the "#1 Rated Small Forward" coming out of High School.
            Really? How many years later? How many hours of coaching in Europe where they play a game (maybe 2 games) a week before he made the conversion? Yes, drafts are about the future, but hopefully that future is within the 3/4 years that teams have players under contracts.

The kid is not a SF. Draft Express scouted him as a guard in highschool (Yes they have him listed as a SF), but read what they said back in 2010.

Kyle Anderson is a big, smooth guard who towers over his opponents at 6-foot-8 and is an extremely mature young prospect with an advanced feel for the game. He is a very good ball-handler for his size – he even saw minutes at point guard for the 2012 team – and shows excellent passing skills, finding teammates off the dribble and looking highly unselfish in the process. He plays a slow, deliberate style that you rarely see from a player this young. He usually makes the extra pass and looks fundamentally sound.

Anderson is not a particularly athletic guy. He lacks a great first step and doesn't have overwhelming explosiveness. He looked somewhat limited trying to defend the perimeter as well with his poor lateral quickness. His nickname is “Slow-Mo,” after all, and he earned that for a reason.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2yFUAIEPu
            http://www.draftexpress.com
            I can't find a single instance where he played as a SF for more than brief instances. Also, We're supposed to suspend belief when LaVine gets underutilized by the UCLA coach, and then trust his judgement when he throws a PG in to play SF? If your a big Anderson fan cool, I don't see him succeeding as a SF on his 1st contract. Way too little time to change his play.

Comment

Really? How many years later? How many hours of coaching in Europe where they play a game (maybe 2 games) a week before he made the conversion? Yes, drafts are about the future, but hopefully that future is within the 3/4 years that teams have players under contracts.

The kid is not a SF. Draft Express scouted him as a guard in highschool (Yes they have him listed as a SF), but read what they said back in 2010.

I can't find a single instance where he played as a SF for more than brief instances. Also, We're supposed to suspend belief when LaVine gets underutilized by the UCLA coach, and then trust his judgement when he throws a PG in to play SF? If your a big Anderson fan cool, I don't see him succeeding as a SF on his 1st contract. Way too little time to change his play.
              Well, the DX report you show there is from September 2010. That's almost more than 3 and a half years....Not really relevant at this point.

Comment

• We soon gotta get Shabaka napier
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                  We soon gotta get Shabaka napier
                  Shabazzz damnnnn

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Well, the DX report you show there is from September 2010. That's almost more than 3 and a half years....Not really relevant at this point.
                    He played a lot of small forward on both ends last year. Point is his position offensively. Defensively it's up to the coach to decide what they want to do with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Napier is really nice he is so small tho.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                        Napier is really nice he is so small tho.

Did you see dat half court shot tho

Dudes insane right now

Comment

Did you see dat half court shot tho

Dudes insane right now
                          Definitely has so serious range reminds me of kemba

Comment

Definitely has so serious range reminds me of kemba

If uconn wins, we gotta pick shabazzz with a second rounder

Comment

If uconn wins, we gotta pick shabazzz with a second rounder
                              I wouldn't mind that at all Lowry Anderson Napier u can change the pace of the game anytime u want with those 3

Comment

I wouldn't mind that at all Lowry Anderson Napier u can change the pace of the game anytime u want with those 3

Sounds pretty dope

Comment

Working...
                                X