No announcement yet.

Bayless A Grizzly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Ben Uzoh show enough last year to hold down the spot as the third point guard on the roster?
    Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

BCsMaBoi wrote: View Post
      Did Ben Uzoh show enough last year to hold down the spot as the third point guard on the roster?
      I did like some of what Ben brought, too bad he can't shoot with range, otherwise he would be a lock. He guarded his position well and seemed to move the ball and get team-mates involved, but his low free throw shooting and field goal percentage are probably causing the team to look at other options.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Scar_Boro wrote: View Post
        B.C. Shouldn't just let assets walk like that..Could have netted a Rotation player or atleast a 2nd rounder via S&T
        The fact that this trade happened is in no way an indication that BC didn't try something. You need a willing partner for a trade to happen. Maybe Memphis didn't want to give up anything for Bayless and were happy to just fork over whatever cash they did. You think he didn't get a S&T because he just forgot about it?

Comment

Going to miss him.

It's probably for the best he not have to deal with the undue Hatred from Raptors fans.

Some will find a reason or two to Boo him I'm sure, everytime he comes back to ACC tho .. just like every other EX Raptor.
          Which is a shame.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            im guessing he is cheap instant offense to replace mayo

any details on the contract?
            Thats the beauty of having Wroten Jr has your backup PG .. you can play a little guy like Bayless at backup SG and then switch on D.
            I like what Memphis is doing this off-season .. I think they could be scary. Lets not forget Zbo missed almost the full year and they never really got a groove going once he got back last year ..

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              Going to miss him.

It's probably for the best he not have to deal with the undue Hatred from Raptors fans.

Some will find a reason or two to Boo him I'm sure, everytime he comes back to ACC tho .. just like every other EX Raptor.
              Which is a shame.
              While I was not a fan of his, anyone who boo's Bayless is a giant tit.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                While I was not a fan of his, anyone who boo's Bayless is a giant tit.
                Agreed. Jerryd should not be booed

Comment

Sorry to see you go JB.

But things have gotten a little crowded here, your career may be better advanced in Memphis. Best of luck

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                    Agreed. Jerryd should not be booed
                    +1. If anything, I think he deserves a small ovation his first time back. Class act, was loyal to the team to the end, and seems to have really like the city. Wish him all the best.

Comment

BCsMaBoi wrote: View Post
                      I'd rather have Uzoh than Marcus Banks, if that provides some context.
                      Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Going to miss him.

Which is a shame.
                        I don't think he'll be booed. That's usually reserved for players who choose to leave.

Comment

Very disappointed to see Bayless leave as he was one of the players on the roster that still had potential to be a very good player while still producing in the present. Everyone was quick to jump on him being a chucker and no question he was overly aggressive but the kid can play. Goran got a huge contract this summer and his numbers as a starter where very close to the numbers Bayless put up when in the same situation. Only issue I has with Bayless was when he was looking over his shoulder after a mistake cause he knew he was on a short leash. When he knew he was going to get steady minutes the kid played really well. Great attitude, always brought it on the court, battled injuries, embraced the city and toughest part about him signing with the Grizzlies is you know it's a cheap contract. We need bargain contracts and one just slipped through BC's hands...

Comment

Going to miss him.

Which is a shame.
                            He's probably going to end up in the same mold with the Griz as when he was with the Raps, since Memphis has a pass first PG in Conley and really no concrete starter in the SG spot.

I think it's a bad move for him since he's probably not going to end up playing minutes that he really wanted, but he's only 23 so there should be plenty of time for his agent to get him a starting gig someday.

IMO, and i'm probably the only one here, i wouldve preferred keeping him over Jose, because of the age factor, and the aggressiveness that he brings to the game. He's a game changer and can put points on board pretty quick, good defender and does not shy away from taking big shots.

Hopefully, he doesnt burn the Raps for 30-40pts the next time he's in town, hehehe

Comment

Gonna miss him. The only raptor in recent memory to really enjoy his time in Toronto and expressed his desire to play here long term. Its hard to let players like these go; such a rarity in the nba.

Comment

We will only play them once at home, so there's no guarantee we'll see Bayless because:
                                (a) He might be injured, because that's what he does
                                (b) If the game is later in the season, he might be 3rd in the depth chart and get only garbage time
                                (c) DNP-CD
                                your pal,
                                ebrian

Comment

Working...
                                X