Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Players don't wanna play in Toronto? No players DO they just don't wanna LOSE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iblastoff wrote: View Post
    i would say injury/lack thereof of our team and other teams made a huge impact especially in the east. things eventually evened out, which is also why i think we gradually got worse near the end of the season as other east teams started getting better again.

contract year super performances aren't exactly a rarity. statistically, players actually play WORSE than their baseline stats after their contract year. not saying lowry is just going to give up or something, but the numbers are against him.

as for your flipside reasons, those can be used for every other team. its not like the raptors are in some kind of bubble where they're the only ones who will get better through experience. sure, we have the 'same core' to build on, but other weaker teams may or may not have immediate impact stars on their rosters now with parker/wiggins etc. we have brazilian KD.
    Not true.

I'm not going to go through the list, but I'm going to guess that there are few, if any, teams that will have two starters going into their third year. Again: the difference in production between years two and three tends to be the biggest a player ever sees. Both Ross and Val going into their third year is a notable advantage for the Raps.

In terms of continuity: the Raps will probably have the same starting lineup next year. I'll be surprised if even half of the teams in the league will be able to say the same when the season starts. And then, there'll be all of the coaching changes to consider...
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Raps will win the Atlantic.
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        Not true.

I'm not going to go through the list, but I'm going to guess that there are few, if any, teams that will have two starters going into their third year. Again: the difference in production between years two and three tends to be the biggest a player ever sees. Both Ross and Val going into their third year is a notable advantage for the Raps.

In terms of continuity: the Raps will probably have the same starting lineup next year. I'll be surprised if even half of the teams in the league will be able to say the same when the season starts. And then, there'll be all of the coaching changes to consider...
        2 starters going into their 3rd year argument - not sure how that is really a big benefit for the raptors. other teams will either have younger players or just more experienced ones. we have 2 young dudes who we're all hoping will get better. thats just potential, not an advantage. we'd be extremely lucky if both of them make significant leaps in performance.

meanwhile, what about andre drummond/anthony davis/bradley beal/jared sullinger/tristan thompson etc etc who may or may not make huge leaps in their upcoming 3rd years as well? like i said, raptors don't exist in a bubble.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          ..- Amir. Seems to me he was playing hurt for a huge chunk of last season (which throws a bit of a wrench into the whole "we didn't lose many games to injury" line of thinking). If he can get healthy, our defence (which was very, very weak for stretches last year) looks a whole lot different....
          One reason why bringing back PPat could be important. Because they are (more or less) equivalent, Amir could get spelled more efficiently. Having Hansbro and Lucas/Buno for extra minutes could help as well.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
            If 2pat and GV come back and LBJ were to go out west we could be competing with Chicago for top seed in east. We should definitely be in good shape to win out division and I have to believe that's at least 44 wins.
            Watch out for Atlanta this year, just signed sefolosha, horford should be health combine that with what they already started last year and I think they could be neck and neck with us. Wizards will be there too and if Rose is healthy Chicago will be tough. Throw in the heat and pacers and I don't see how were contenders for the east.
            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
            Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
              Watch out for Atlanta this year, just signed sefolosha, horford should be health combine that with what they already started last year and I think they could be neck and neck with us. Wizards will be there too and if Rose is healthy Chicago will be tough. Throw in the heat and pacers and I don't see how were contenders for the east.
              We're contenders because none of the teams you mentioned are in our division. Aka guaranteed too four spot

Comment

Raptors are different than other teams and will see more internal growth because:

1. youngest starting lineup, young guys improve more than old guys

2. team was assembled part way through the season, did not have a full training camp together

3. raps with best record in east overall and against west post trade
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Next year there'll be alot more dangerous teams in the east. Hawks with Stephalosha, Horford , Millsap. Chicago with healthy Rose , and Washington. But I still think we're going to win the Atlantic next year.
                  Nevermind what haters say,
                  ignore them ’til they fade away. - T.I

Comment

Counting on Rose to be healthy is like counting Mitt Romney to have binders full of men.

Atlanta are an interesting team now with Sefalosha in the fold, but their plans for Teague intrigue me. Their very presence in the playoffs could have been attributed to him. Sure, the ability of their frontcourt+ Korver to stretch the floor is part of their identity, but at the end of the day, Teague influences a game in more ways than many. Him and Sefalosha trapping in the backcourt will be a nightmare for any opposing guard.
                    Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                      Raptors are different than other teams and will see more internal growth because:

1. youngest starting lineup, young guys improve more than old guys

2. team was assembled part way through the season, did not have a full training camp together

3. raps with best record in east overall and against west post trade
                      meh. everyone was saying the same thing this past season about rudy gay when he joined midseason. once he goes through a full training camp with the team, we'd be even better. clearly didn't work out that way (well it did in other ways, but you know what i mean)

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                        Paul Pierce is probably gone too, he wasn't happy about Kidd leaving. Clippers most likely to sign him according to theScore
                        He'd look nice playing in Toronto

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                          Hate to admit it, but I would have no problem having PP on the Raps.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            He'd be a nice fit but I could't bring myself to let him play for us

Comment

No thanks on Pierce. Yuck.

I think we are set. Re-sign our free agents and give the draft picks a shot at 3rd string SF duties.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                                No thanks on Pierce. Yuck.

I think we are set. Re-sign our free agents and give the draft picks a shot at 3rd string SF duties.
                                This. I don't mind DD and Ross handling the 3 spot again, with Bruno getting spot minutes. Even better would be if Fields gets his game back.

Comment

Working...
                                X