Raps Mavs Sign and Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raps Mavs Sign and Trade

I do not want to trade bosh and would rather trade Hedo and Andrea, but if bosh were to demand a sign and trade, would this deal make sense?

Mavs Get:
    Chris Bosh at approx. 16 million, max
    Hedo: 9 million, 4 years

Raps Get:
    Caron Butler: 10.51 million, expiring
    Rodrique Beaubois: 1.07 million, rookie scale
    Erick Dampier: 13.07 million, expiring
    1st round draft pick

Yes, No?

This is one of the more realistic trades I've seen posted lately. However, I think it would be impossible to get Beaubois and a first. They're pretty high on that kid up there and they need him to take some of J Kid's minutes.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Once you reach Max Level, you stop leveling

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Comment

JYD18 wrote: View Post
      This is one of the more realistic trades I've seen posted lately. However, I think it would be impossible to get Beaubois and a first. They're pretty high on that kid up there and they need him to take some of J Kid's minutes.
      I dont know if a Bosh and Dirk tandem will work. I dont think you can really play them side by side because theyre both PFs.

And you know how Cuban is really into his basketball team, i dont think he'll take on a player who's performance is lackluster.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
        I dont know if a Bosh and Dirk tandem will work. I dont think you can really play them side by side because theyre both PFs.

And you know how Cuban is really into his basketball team, i dont think he'll take on a player who's performance is lackluster.
        I kind of view it the opposite way. Being eliminated prematurely in the playoffs yet again, I think Cuban has the mentality to gamble on Bosh and the resources to take on Turk's contract.

Once you reach Max Level, you stop leveling

Comment

Bosh can play C on D but one of them would need to suck it up and ride the pine while protecting leads against teams with dominant big bigs. They also spend too much time initiating offence from the same area of the floor. If I'm Dallas that's not the trade I want to make.

Comment

Brain, how many dominant big bigs are there in the NBA? Not many, and Bosh seems to play one of them (Dwight Howard) very well. They both operate on the blocks, but both can stretch almost to the three point-line (Dirk even being able to make the 3). Also, Dirk is getting old and Bosh would be the succession plan being built in-place similar to Robinson-Duncan. I think Bosh/Dirk would complement each other quite well.

Comment

I would do it in a second, but Dallas isn't going to give up Butler, Beaubois (who looks great, but isn't a PG, so what is he?), Dampier and a first. Dampier's contract has a clause that it you don't have to pick up his option for next season, meaning it's $13 million of immediately expiring contract. I'd turn around and trade Butler for a young player, and you're well on your way to rebuilding. The other problem is the salaries don't work. Throwing in Stevenson may get the salaries close enough. Again, though. I don't see Dallas going for it at all.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

how do the salaries not work? Roughly 24 for the raps and 25 for dallas.

Comment

dino gunners wrote: View Post
                  how do the salaries not work? Roughly 24 for the raps and 25 for dallas.
                  A re-sign Bosh will make around $20 million, and Turkgolu will make $9.8 million. I don't know how on earth you get $24 million for that.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    I would do it in a second, but Dallas isn't going to give up Butler, Beaubois (who looks great, but isn't a PG, so what is he?), Dampier and a first. Dampier's contract has a clause that it you don't have to pick up his option for next season, meaning it's $13 million of immediately expiring contract. I'd turn around and trade Butler for a young player, and you're well on your way to rebuilding. The other problem is the salaries don't work. Throwing in Stevenson may get the salaries close enough. Again, though. I don't see Dallas going for it at all.
                    It could work, coz they locked up Marion for the long term and he's basically playing as backup for Butler when Terry is already on the floor. Would be an awesome trade for us, but with Kidd aging and Barea not really a top-notch PG, they might be grooming Beaubois to replace him. Dampier would also be dispensible since they have a younger version of him in Haywood, but Damp might be only good for another year or two.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                      It could work, coz they locked up Marion for the long term and he's basically playing as backup for Butler when Terry is already on the floor. Would be an awesome trade for us, but with Kidd aging and Barea not really a top-notch PG, they might be grooming Beaubois to replace him. Dampier would also be dispensible since they have a younger version of him in Haywood, but Damp might be only good for another year or two.
                      It could work if Dallas were not allowed to trade with anyone else, which they can. Dampier's contract is incredibly valuable because his $13 million can immediately come off the books. I can see Chicago giving them Hinrich, Gibson and their first round pick for Dampier, because then they can sign two max free agents. And other teams would be VERY interested in clearing $13 million in cap room this summer.

Dallas should not have to offer nearly that much to outbid any other team. Besides, why would Dallas want Bosh? He's not going to help them defensively, where they are weakest, and he's not a true SG, which is the only position they lack.

Really, this is a nice trade only for the Raptors. Dallas would not need to offer this much, nor would they want to, even if they had to.
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                        A re-sign Bosh will make around $20 million, and Turkgolu will make $9.8 million. I don't know how on earth you get $24 million for that.
                        The first year of a max contract is limited to approx. $16 mill for 7-year vets. (see http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q11)

So Hedo and Chris together would be more like $26 mill.

Comment

You're right. My bad. For some reason I thought I'd read somewhere that they're be making close to $20 million.
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

One of the more interesting trade proposals out there. However, I'm inclined to think Collangelo would be looking to involve more teams in the process to really get what he wants and needs (or at least closest to it) back if ever he is to deal Bosh.

Another thing i like when trading Bosh is that BC could possibly package one of our many many horrible contracts along with CB (ie. Jose and/or Turk). That being said, what we get back will all depend on which team Bosh decides to go to should he leave.

Comment

I think if Colangelo is able to package Turkoglu with Bosh, you can't expect to get much back in terms of value. The value would be the Raptors getting rid of Turkoglu's contract. I'm guessing that means something like Dampier, Stevenson, Najera and Carroll (who has a bad contract, but not nearly as bad as Turkoglu's. If they're lucky, the Raptors might be able to get a first round pick out of it for taking Carroll's contract back. It's better than letting Bosh go for nothing, but not as good as if you were to sign and trade him on his own.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X