Raptors Big Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    look im not going to stand around and watch you talk this garbage about my burksy like this
    Then sit down.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

1a. Kanter
      1b. Biyombo
      2. Valanciunas
      3. Knight
      4. Walker
      5. Burks
      6. Leonard
      7. Thompson

Comment

I didn't see Kyrie on anyones list. Did he already get drafted #1 or what?

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
          how are we going to get kyrie? the only way we'd get him is if we trade up

Comment

1. Irving (hey, you never know)
            2. Kanter
            3. Williams
            4. Valanciunas
            5. Vesely
            6. Leonard
            7. Knight
            8. Tristan Thompson
            9. Walker
            10. Biyombo/Jimmer
            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
              I assumed him and Williams are long gone by #5.

Comment

I'm keeping Kyrie and Williams off my list (and Kanter should be on that list probably, but i'll leave him in):

1. Brandon Knight - highest ceiling, potential all-star, his outside shooting makes for a great pairing with DeMar.

2. Enes Kanter - the only thing keeping this beast from #1 is the likelihood they'll keep Bargs. IMO not a good fit together, considering Kanter also likes to extend his range to be fully utilized.

3. Kemba Walker - leadership, quickness, offensive prowess, and DeMar is a fan (as stated in a recent interview).

4. Jonas - His length and motor could make for a good piece for the future ... 'for the future', not tomorrow.

5. Bismack Biyombo - Potential? Yes indeed. Our team is not necessarily in the hunt for offense, which makes up for his current shortcomings and allow him to focus on rebounding and blocking shots.

6. Kawhi Leonard - G-Force II. Would jump up a few spots if we didn't have James Johnson onboard. Monster length, and silent desire to kill ... I mean, win.

7. Jan Vesely - Length and defensive potential could be intriguing enough if his workouts show some shot fundamentals and skill.

... I'm not gonna go on, because I am pretty confident that the draft pick is among this list.
                The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

My list is:
                  Kanter
                  KLeonard
                  At the 5 or trade up. I am one who does not want to trade up to get EITHER Irving or Williams. I have doubts about Williams at the 3 and what we would give up to get either of them. Not trying to start a sh$tstorm conversation but just how I have been leaning lately. (I am also wary of Williams since he came out of nowhere to get to this level. Makes me think of contract year players who play great one year and then are crap afterwards).

In the spirit of Ceez's post the players I would like to trade or buy another later pick for:

PG Darius Morris
                  SF Chris Singleton- openly admit I don't know about this kid and going on quotes and descriptions above. These descriptions are what I would like to see.
                  SG Marshon Brooks
                  SF Tobias Harris: potential for WChandler/TPrince?
                  C Jeremy Tyler: I see low risk level pick for pOtential high reward for a high rated player who took bad advice and left high school to play elsewhere.
                  C Biyombo. Depends on where the pick would have to be but he is definitely intriguing.

Comment

My top-10:

1) Irving
                    2) Williams
                    3) Kanter
                    4) Knight
                    5) Leonard
                    6) Walker
                    7) Valanciunas
                    8) Singleton
                    9) Vesely
                    10) Burks

I don't want a PF drafted (ie: Biyombo/Thompson) because it is the strongest position the Raps currently have (Davis/Amir/Bargnani), plus I think Biyombo is overrated.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                      Vesely can't play defense, and therefore the Raptors should have no use for him (and it's the reason I didn't list him, nor Fredette, on my board).
                      Vesely can't play defense? Guess we haven't been watching the same guy, anyone know of another Vesely that entered the draft? My God, he was part of a Partizan team last year that was in Euro Final 4 that got there solely on defense, rebounding and hustle. Yeah, that's exactly the kind of player Raps have no need for.
                      Btw, we shouldn't be taking him with #5, but not for the above mentioned reasons, but for his raw offensive game.

Comment

D.Williams
                        Brandon Knight
                        Enes Kanter
                        Jonas Valanciunas
                        Kemba Walker
                        Bismack Biyombo
                        Kawhi Leonard

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                          Because Vesely is a better scorer? Have people forgotten that playing defense is 50%
                          I'm not sure alot of people even realized defense was part of the game.

Vesely has Euro "D" on his resume... which usually translates into no defense in the NBA.

Comment

I will put all guys on my board... who knows what could happen between now and then. The first 4 should be taken if available under the premise of "take best talent", no matter the position of need.

1. Kyrie Irving
                            2. Derrick Williams
                            3. Enes Kanter
                            4. Brandon Knight

The rest totally depends on what possible trades Colangelo has lined up. Mine would be...
                            5. Kawhi Leonard
                            6. Kemba Walker
                            7. Jonas Valanciunas
                            8. Jan Vesely
                            9. Bismack Biyombo
                            10. Alec Burks

Comment

1. Irving
                              2. Williams
                              3. Kanter
                              4. Knight
                              5. Valuncianas(i think)
                              6. Kemba

trade for multiple picks
                              7. Chris Singleton
                              8. Jeremy Tyler (was rated higher than Irving and Kanter during HS Junior season)
                              9. Darius Morris
                              10.Tyler Honeycutt
                              11. Tobias Harris
                              12. Jereme Richmond
                              Last edited by er1csh3n; Sat May 28, 2011, 11:29 AM.

Comment

dzoni71 wrote: View Post
                                Vesely can't play defense? Guess we haven't been watching the same guy, anyone know of another Vesely that entered the draft? My God, he was part of a Partizan team last year that was in Euro Final 4 that got there solely on defense, rebounding and hustle. Yeah, that's exactly the kind of player Raps have no need for.
                                Btw, we shouldn't be taking him with #5, but not for the above mentioned reasons, but for his raw offensive game.
                                What qualifies in Europe as good defence, does not always translate so well in the NBA. This is not a euro bashing message at all, just the reality of judging a players defence on that level and attempting to translate it to the NBA. For instance, Jose Calderon was considered one of the better defenders at his position in Europe.

Comment

Working...
                                X