Looking To The Future (New Plan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking To The Future (New Plan)

If you had to devise a plan for the Raps what would it look like? Trade AB this year and make a push for the playoffs? Or target key free agents in 2013?

This is my wetdream:

Just miss out on the playoffs this year. Our pick goes to OKC. Keep Bargnani (he is going to play a key role for us)

Next year we let AB loose 40 minutes a game minimum play him beside Fields and feed minutes to Ross. Resign Jose for cheap on a 3 year deal -- make sure he continues to get minutes in crunch time aka bomb the year

2014 draft rolls around we draft Andrew Wiggins. Resign Lowry to substantial deal (Bargs type money). We trade away Fields/Bargs both expiring contracts.

Lowry/Calderon
    DeMar/Ross
    Wiggins / vet SF (2014 FA - Deng?)
    Davis/Amir
    Valanciunas / vet C (2014 FA - Hawes?)

That would be a team/core to be excited about

I know this thread is ridiculous, especially the idea of tanking another year but it would be like Lebron in Cleveland or DRose in Chicago ... Toronto would be relevant in the NBA and that core could entice a couple quality vets in 2015

this isn't a plan. Its a dream that will never come true, sadly

Comment

i dont think the nba likes us enough to have the lottery fall in our favour like it did with them

Comment

Or we could trade bargnani Calderon and fields for Lebron wade and Bosh and be the best team in the league.

Realistically I'd like to keep Jose and trade Bargs for a big expiring contract. We won't be completely shit this year and we'd have 20+ million coming off the books for FA

Comment

Another great plan that BC needs to listen to. Why isn't he smart enough to tank for two more years and rest the team's hopes on winning the lottery. Dumbass BC needs to listen to RR fans!

Comment

Thats a great plan except how do you plan on landing Wiggins?

People have to realize, the owners of the Raptors are not going to go into another rebuild again and tank.

We are now stuck of the unfortunate task of improving this team from mediocrity to the upper echelons of mediocrity.

Comment

timdunkit wrote: View Post
              Thats a great plan except how do you plan on landing Wiggins?
              Yeah that's a big asterisks that draft could potentially have jabari parker, Saric and Aaron Gordon. Also good options.

I agree, rebuild is not going to happen but I think we are missing just one or two pieces to be a solid team. JV is my hope.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                Another great plan that BC needs to listen to. Why isn't he smart enough to tank for two more years and rest the team's hopes on winning the lottery. Dumbass BC needs to listen to RR fans!
                Easy on the sarcasm champ. If you think the raps brass is scouring RR contemplating rotations we suggest or trade scenarios going forward then we got to find you some quality meds.

Nothing we discuss, debate or say has significance at all. So why not have talks about what could happen?

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                  Riiiiiiight, because his own 7-year plan is working wonders so far....

Comment

First you need to get rid of the mold.

Comment

Working...
                    X