Ujiri: He'd Be "Comfortable" Beginning Season With This Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    -stays two years in college- Raptors draft him with the 2016 first rounder that just so happens to win the lottery
    Well wouldn't that be perfect haha. What's the chance of that happening? like 0.1%?
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
      Well wouldn't that be perfect haha. What's the chance of that happening? like 0.1%?
      That would be the craziest thing ever lol

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        I think he would be the first one to tell you that. He is more fluid than rigid
        He did tell us that. Not in so many words. But, he said he had to "see what we have"..
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• lol, What's tank nation going to do the rest of the Summer? Start a UjiriMustGo campaign?

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
            lol, What's tank nation going to do the rest of the Summer? Start a UjiriMustGo campaign?
            I said it before and I will say it again. I am reserving any judgement of Ujiri until just after the trade deadline this year. I think by then we will have all the information we need to see where we are going.
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              I said it before and I will say it again. I am reserving any judgement of Ujiri until just after the trade deadline this year. I think by then we will have all the information we need to see where we are going.
              That's good! Well,,,,,,,,,,, kinda,,,,,,,um,,, maybe. Not knowing what kind of time frames Ujiri has in mind, for making decisions he doesn't know he's making yet, I'd like to suggest that defining such a hardass deadline for yourself like that may not be good for your health,,,,,,,,,,,,, but, I know, you'll say it again,,,, trade deadline, come hell or high Ujiri!

Comment

• I fully believe, if JV and Ross progress into contributing pieces ( JV a 15pt, 8-9 reb., solid defender, Ross a consistent outside threat, that can defend), that we are one good player away from being a contender. I like what Masai did with the Nuggets through trades and using his assets. With the Bargnani trade we were able to gain assets (expiring contracts, and draft picks), but I think now is the time for this team. If we have the ability to keep our core (JV, ROSS, DeMar, GAY), and add a player like LaMarcus Aldridge, we would be a contender.

I really don't think we will be in the Wiggins sweepsteaks and we will probably be closer to 13-17. We are in that in between stage where we have to make a move, trading for a proven player is a sure thing. I hope Masai goes this direction.

Comment

• I had a chance to watch a bit of Masai's media scrum. There is definitely the vibe that he doesn't like the karma of tanking but you also get a sense that he sees the logic in winding up there while following the more noble plan of "evaluating you team". I'm surprised nobody had jumped on the emphasis Masai has put on the next "4-5 days". In more than a couple of ways, he alluded to this period suggesting that trading would be active and we might have a better idea of where the raptors are going after that. I think he just wants to collect as many young assets as you can and move on. How can he possibly trade for someone that is better than one on our roster? We have no cap room to absorb anything. No one is going to give us a better player for any of ours straight up or even for a combination of ours. I think this means shipping out some talent for some future talent. Not tanking..just building. There is no way they think we are competing for a championship anytime soon so there is no reason to hang on to pieces that don't fit the "two year plan". Lowry and Gay will likely both be gone by then...why not ship them out now? Check out the feed if there is one. He was vague a lot as usual but he seemed to be talking concretely about the next 4-5 days. Then again...this is how we all got so excited for the blow up on draft night. I won't hold my breath.

Comment

• then again, it looks like he may have just been talking about what to do with Kleiza when he said things should be clearer in 4-5 days

Comment

• Ujiri: "i'd be comfortable beginning season with this roster"

I do too. And i've been saying this for a while now. The Raptors have some good young pieces to build around. They're a playoff team if they stay healthy.

What the Raptors need is they need to add another all-star caliber type of player to make them a contender. Have their own Big 3. Gay + JV + ?
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        Ujiri: "i'd be comfortable beginning season with this roster"

I do too. And i've been saying this for a while now. The Raptors have some good young pieces to build around. They're a playoff team if they stay healthy.

What the Raptors need is they need to add another all-star caliber type of player to make them a contender. Have their own Big 3. Gay + JV + ?
                        the only problem with this plan is "where do we just get that all-star?". We have no cap room. No one is going to go over the luxury tax to add a player to this team. Someone has got to go.

Comment

• Last addendum for the night...I think the "two year plan" speaks to a window where the city/fans will tolerate losing before they expect to see the upside again..... not playoffs in two years. That's diggin'

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                            I fully believe, if JV and Ross progress into contributing pieces ( JV a 15pt, 8-9 reb., solid defender, Ross a consistent outside threat, that can defend), that we are one good player away from being a contender. I like what Masai did with the Nuggets through trades and using his assets. With the Bargnani trade we were able to gain assets (expiring contracts, and draft picks), but I think now is the time for this team. If we have the ability to keep our core (JV, ROSS, DeMar, GAY), and add a player like LaMarcus Aldridge, we would be a contender.

I really don't think we will be in the Wiggins sweepsteaks and we will probably be closer to 13-17. We are in that in between stage where we have to make a move, trading for a proven player is a sure thing. I hope Masai goes this direction.
                            And who exactly are we going to trade (without losing anyone in our so called "core") to get this proven player?

The lineup isn't even close to being a contender. We didn't even beat the heat ONCE last season. I highly doubt there's huge leaps and bounds in talent next season.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                              And who exactly are we going to trade (without losing anyone in our so called "core") to get this proven player?

The lineup isn't even close to being a contender. We didn't even beat the heat ONCE last season. I highly doubt there's huge leaps and bounds in talent next season.
                              We can find that extra talent with our draft picks even 2nd round picks can produce Rondo, Ginobli, etc. And we can always pick up a bad contract like Boozer, for expiring contracts when we decide to go all in. Also Demar is still around and might increase his trade value by next season
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• In the span of a little more than a month, Ujiri has shown how good a GM can be..... makes BC look like a fool really.

Comment

Working...
                                X