No announcement yet.

The TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

watched the first 4 episodes of the wire... fell asleep twice, nearly 3 times.

major snoozefest
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I just finished watching Party Down Season 1. It is about disgruntled, struggling actors in LA who work at a catering company to make ends meet. Every week they cater a new party, so there is a ton of cameos. They play loose with the script which means a ton of improvising. It is not very well known, but it gives a few chuckles and at 22 min/episodes there is not much commitment and is worth checking out. Paul Rudd is the producer.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1073507/
      Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
        watched the first 4 episodes of the wire... fell asleep twice, nearly 3 times.

major snoozefest
        WOW .... that series was one of my favourites. To each their own I guess.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
          WOW .... that series was one of my favourites. To each their own I guess.
          Agreed.. Its one of my favourites.. If not, my all time favourite show

I even liked the pollacks on the docks season

Comment

I tried, I really did. The characters didn't bug me, well to a certain point but w/e.

I just couldn't get into it and no show is good enough for a fucking ridiculously long intro song, that isn't very good!

However, Arrested Development is pure comedy gold. It's totally swayed my opinion of Will Arnett for the better.

But, I ain't even going to touch "Up All Night" again. that is complete horseshit.

Also, can someone please tell me why Christina Applegate has lost basically all of her sex appeal? I mean I haven't seen this big of a sex appeal loss since Tara Reid decided to become plasterized.
            Last edited by LBF; Tue Dec 6, 2011, 04:51 PM.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

nice

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                  sadly, the best performance on the show is the most under-utilized character... Juice
                  nah, man. I am halfway through season 4, the guy got shot in the leg and no crutches, no weel chair, no cane, not even a fucking limp!

I might just say it's Tig since you know I stand by my fellow countrymen. Marke Boone Juniour is the only one I've seen before besides Sagal and Perlman, as he was in Memento.

Mind you the only ron perlman movie i'd seen were both hellboys and so i'd never seen him regular/plain ron perlman before this show.

I liked deputy hale,but, he dead.

The worst actor ever is Mayor Hale, I mean Henry Rollins is fuckin Edward Norton compared to this guy.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                    i actually liked the second season better... and there was a tad bit less wang

hopefully the new dude they have playing spartacus is good
                    I just recently googled the Andy Whitfield guy that played spartacus. I didn't know the dude fucking died!! fuck man, that's shitty.

Comment

Storage Wars is a guilty pleasure. Just like Pawn Stars and American/Canadian Pickers.

Comment

auction hunters all the way!

also is boardwalk empire any good. I'm not a huge steve buscemi fan so i'm cautious to watch it.
                        Last edited by LBF; Tue Jan 10, 2012, 02:19 PM.

Comment

funniest show ever

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                            auction hunters all the way!

also is boardwalk empire any good. I'm not a huge steve buscemi fan so i'm cautious to watch it.
                            I watched half the first season and I liked it. I stopped watching it because things got really busy for me. Babies tend to have that affect it would seem.

Comment

Watched the new series "The Firm" and was pleasantly impressed with the first epipsode. Looks like an intense thriller.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                                Watched the new series "The Firm" and was pleasantly impressed with the first epipsode. Looks like an intense thriller.
                                me too! mind you i never read the book, but i watched the show solely on the basis that i enjoyed the movie.. very well done show..

a tad bit too long for my liking... but it was the 2 hour premiere... cut it down to a one hour show, and its perfect sunday watching

Comment

Working...
                                X