Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    So....nobody interested in T-Rob?
    I was never too impressed with TRob. He doesn't seem to be a player that exhibits an elite skill of any kind.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
      character matters. no sense having an "ALL STAR" if the other 14 players on the team hate his guts
      Agreed. But that talent is worth the risk IMO. I'm not completely up to date on all of the complaints against Cousins. I thought it was mostly with the coaches, not the players.
      Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Cousins only makes like 3.8 million, I would hardly call that salary worth shredding. And as far as JV and cousins coexisitng, cousins played PF when Dalembert was still there did he not? I personally think he is out of position at Center.

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
          Agreed. But that talent is worth the risk IMO. I'm not completely up to date on all of the complaints against Cousins. I thought it was mostly with the coaches, not the players.
          I'm pretty sure it's everybody. It was the players who after his team imposed suspension heard him apologize said something like 'we're sick of the same shit, either you're with us or you're not'. They've still been up and down since, and last night Cousins elbowed Carter in the face against Dallas in OT, when his team needed him most. And it is totally needless.

Cousins is crazy, and I don't know that he's worth the trouble given that we've got a promising young big in JV. Cousins might have more talent, but he's just so crazy. He didn't/doesn't have the vets or coach, and you need both, to hold him accountable. I'm not sure we have them here. Casey is a tough enough coach, but if he turns on Casey then he'll probably also try to divide the locker room that way....sigh, I can already picture the issues....

I would definitely NEVER trade our 2014 pick for T-Rob. I don't understand. Trade a draft pick in a possibly stacked draft for a player already drafted and failing to adapt to the NBA game....Also, as someone pointed out to me in another thread, assuming we lose our pick to OKC this year from the Lowry deal, the earliest we can trade the pick is after this draft ( I think). Because of conditions on the 2013 pick that last until 2018, you basically can't trade any future picks until that one is gone.

As for Evans, I think he needs a change, but that Toronto isn't a great fit. If I were Sacto, I'd be trying to get a legit all-star and veteran to play beside Cousins because that's the best chance to set him straight. I would push hard for Wade from Miami (what?! just wait). Miami quite obviously does not need Wade on their team. I'm not saying they're better without him, but that they could replace what he gives them, plus he's the oldest of their trio. If I were Sacto, I'd offer Evans and one of Thompson or Robinson, plus a 1st rd pick. Evans always reminded me of a D-Wade type player, different sure but with similar strengths, but what would entice Miami is the chance to get a young big with their thin frontcourt, as well as a draft pick for future help.
          Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Jan 11, 2013, 05:02 PM.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            I'm pretty sure it's everybody. It was the players who after his team imposed suspension heard him apologize said something like 'we're sick of the same shit, either you're with us or you're not'. They've still been up and down since, and last night Cousins elbowed Carter in the face against Dallas in OT, when his team needed him most. And it is totally needless.

Cousins is crazy, and I don't know that he's worth the trouble given that we've got a promising young big in JV. Cousins might have more talent, but he's just so crazy. He didn't/doesn't have the vets or coach, and you need both, to hold him accountable. I'm not sure we have them here. Casey is a tough enough coach, but if he turns on Casey then he'll probably also try to divide the locker room that way....sigh, I can already picture the issues....

I would definitely NEVER trade our 2014 pick for T-Rob. I don't understand. Trade a draft pick in a possibly stacked draft for a player already drafted and failing to adapt to the NBA game....Also, as someone pointed out to me in another thread, assuming we lose our pick to OKC this year from the Lowry deal, the earliest we can trade the pick is after this draft ( I think). Because of conditions on the 2013 pick that last until 2018, you basically can't trade any future picks until that one is gone.

As for Evans, I think he needs a change, but that Toronto isn't a great fit. If I were Sacto, I'd be trying to get a legit all-star and veteran to play beside Cousins because that's the best chance to set him straight. I would push hard for Wade from Miami (what?! just wait). Miami quite obviously does not need Wade on their team. I'm not saying they're better without him, but that they could replace what he gives them, plus he's the oldest of their trio. If I were Sacto, I'd offer Evans and one of Thompson or Robinson, plus a 1st rd pick. Evans always reminded me of a D-Wade type player, different sure but with similar strengths, but what would entice Miami is the chance to get a young big with their thin frontcourt, as well as a draft pick for future help.
            Cousins is crazy, but all of the solutions that Sac could implement, TO could too. Maybe just having someone like Magloire on the coaching staff would help.

Don't think Miami will ever trade Wade. Sets a bad precedent. But of course you are right, he is the least useful to that team right now, and the most replaceable.
            Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              If we were to acquire Cousins, I wouldn't hesitate to make Jonas expendable.
              Lol, it would probably take Jonas, Demar and a future to even get Demarcus.

I laugh at media and fans who continually knock DMC. Yes he's immature but the talent at 22 is astounding and he's never been in trouble with the law.

Talent wins in the NBA and he will be a star in this league.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                I'd be willing to take a chance on Cousins. It's hard to ignore that kind of talent.

If Rasheed Wallace can mature enough to help win a title, anyone can
                Yeah, but, Sheed was more of a "ha-ha immature", and very likable. Cousins is that guy where you wouldn't mind body-tackling him on his birthday and stealing the loot bags to send a message.

Plus this:

Last edited by Sig; Fri Jan 11, 2013, 06:25 PM.

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
                  Cousins is crazy, but all of the solutions that Sac could implement, TO could too. Maybe just having someone like Magloire on the coaching staff would help.

Don't think Miami will ever trade Wade. Sets a bad precedent. But of course you are right, he is the least useful to that team right now, and the most replaceable.
                  It's not the same. Sac is building nothing. Not to say they don't have pieces, but they have no plan, no real identity, no culture of character and professionalism, and they're changing ownership.
                  Our pieces fit well together so far, even if there's still some concern over whether we'll have an elite offensive talent. More importantly, they've all bought in to what the team is building culture-wise, they all listen to the coach, and they all like each other and believe they can be successful together. Cousins may marginally upgrade our talent but could destroy everything else about the team. Then it might take another 2-3 years to try and build around Cousins, and it could fail. I have more confidence in our current approach. But for Sacto, they can afford to blow it up without sacrificing anything, and if building around Cousins fails, it won't matter too much.
                  Also, assistant coaches can't police players and teams. Their relationships are more friendly. They can't police players, because players have to like them. Players have to be able to see assistant coaches as friends because they work with them every day and in offseasons. Cousins needs someone who can stand up to him and challenge him, and that's not an assistant coach, and usually a good head coach is not enough in itself because of the authority figure angle. That's why having a player, a peer, is crucial.

Comment

I also don't understand how some people are so willing to give up JV in such a scenario. While Cousins' offensive talent is obviously higher, the rest of JV's game could end up being just as good, if not better. And JV's got all the intangibles you want, whereas Cousins has none of them. And JV's offensive game is a mystery, but could easily be very strong. He's got a nice variety of fundamental moves: a jump hook, a little fade, a budding jumper and pumpfake to go with it. He rolls extremely well and is a good finisher around the rim who also crashes the offensive glass.
                    Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Jan 11, 2013, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X