No announcement yet.

Draft Profile: Jonas Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually Kanter could slip. I see Irving, then Williams, the Jazz have Jefferson and Okur. I don't see them taking a big man. Sadly I could see Knight going to the Jazz. Unless we can work a trade to pick up the 3rd.

I think Cleveland picks Kanter... they have nothing to lose with 2 top picks.

Comment

That being said... could Jefferson be available from the Jazz? They lessen pay role and pick Kanter. Their second pick could be Fredette. I guess it's wide open.

I don't think we have the pieces to pull off a Jefferson trade. It would be awesome though!

Comment

I can't see Minny taking Williams over Kanter. They're pretty set at the swing position. Kanter and Love is undersized, but they battle. It's funny, Williams' best case scenario is David West/Michael Beasley. Considering they already have a Beasley, why would they need to take Williams? Williams could be the one that drops.

Comment

williams wouldn't make it past utah i don't think
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

also you can write fredette to the jazz with their second 1st in stone. in stone.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
              That being said... could Jefferson be available from the Jazz? They lessen pay role and pick Kanter. Their second pick could be Fredette. I guess it's wide open.

I don't think we have the pieces to pull off a Jefferson trade. It would be awesome though!
              I could possibly fathom Cleveland going after him by using the TPE to acquire him and switching spots with the Jazz in the draft - Utah's #3 pick and Jefferson for Cleveland's #4 pick and the TPE. Although mind you, it's a small fathom.

Comment

I totally agree with Fredette and the Jazz. It's their type of player... if not them then the Pacers for sure!

Comment

I don't think their cap situation is that dire. I would imagine they would want a lights out SG for Jefferson, or a decent SG and PG.

Those are their only weaknesses. They have Milsap, Favors, Okur, Haywood, and maybe Kanter. Their front court is good.

Comment

I don't think their cap situation is that dire. I would imagine they would want a lights out SG for Jefferson, or a decent SG and PG.

Those are their only weaknesses. They have Milsap, Favors, Okur, Haywood, and maybe Kanter. Their front court is good.
                    Milsap, Favors, Okur and Jefferson tie up like 35 million plus. I'm sure if they could get rid of Jefferson, they would.

Comment

okay here is a crazy trade...

Bargs and our first rounder next year for Jefferson. I doubt they would do it, but would be cool.

We would draft Knight

Jefferson
                      Davis
                      ????
                      DeMar
                      Knight

looks good, but highly unlikey

Comment

Even crazier, staying with the Minnesota trade...

Bargs and J.J. for Flynn and #2

Trade Utah

Barbosa and the #2 for Jefferson and the #12

Comment

okay here is a crazy trade...

Bargs and our first rounder next year for Jefferson. I doubt they would do it, but would be cool.

We would draft Knight

Jefferson
                          Davis
                          ????
                          DeMar
                          Knight

looks good, but highly unlikey
                          Doesn't look that good. And the $ don't work for the trade.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            You really can't go wrong with Jonas at #5. He might be a project but with a huge reward at the end.
                            The NBA experts are saying that Valanciunas has a huge buyout with his european team and may not come over for a year or 2; can the Raptors and their fans wait that long?

Comment

The money works when we get rid of Reggie. The Raps and Jazz both have cap room to take on salary

Comment

Or Bargs and Bayless for and next years #1 for Jefferson and their 12th

Comment

Working...
                                X