Your move Colangelo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    If rebuilding isn't the avenue the Raptors are going to go I wouldn't mind seeing them trade Jose, DeMar and Kleiza to Indiana for Granger (provided he's healthy), Hill and maybe a pick if we can get it.
    haha I would love that deal but I can't see any reason Indiana would. Granger is significantly better than Demar and Hill is realistically better than Jose (Jose has more offence, but Hill can defend).
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
      haha I would love that deal but I can't see any reason Indiana would. Granger is significantly better than Demar and Hill is realistically better than Jose (Jose has more offence, but Hill can defend).
      Don't mean to side track the thread to much so I'll make it quick:

This is the first year Hill has a drtg above average (but he's had a few close to average), and he's an net negative on/off court defensively (+1.5)

Not saying Hill is a bad defender or worse than (or even trying to compare to) Jose or anything like that - but it is amazing just what having defensively talented bigs (and teams in general) can do to give PGs their reputation.

Still completely convinced if Jose hadn't spent the majority of his career being backed up by Bargnani (and a team that was built, in general, to neglect defense) he wouldn't have the reputation he does.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
        Well Granger is a SF and Paul George has emerged as the better, cheaper, and younger option so they are in a similar position as the Raptors where they have two quality SF's to our two quality SG's. It would make sense to move an asset for an asset.

Jose is an expiring contract which is always an attractive asset and I had heard that they were looking for more of a floor general than what Hill was providing for them.

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
          Wouldn't the smarter move be to just miss the playoffs instead of trading our assets away to make a hopeless playoff run?

What's the point of making the 8th seed with this team? To temporarily please the fans? I don't know, the smart thing to do would be to finish 9th in the East to give our late lottery pick to OKC, so we can keep ours next year in a much better draft.
          W need young players to get a taste of playoff atmosphere...that said I highly doubt Raps can make 8th seed....they still cannot put teams away when they have them on the ropes.

Comment

Rondo is the best PG in the league cant wait for his return game speedy recovery to him, and Boston is highly interested in Lowry and honestly Lowry seems to fit the Boston ego imo I cant picture calderon wearing Green lol.

Thing is Boston doesnt have anything that I would remotely consider a fair trade for KLow other than Lee but hes another SG...

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
              Rondo is the best PG in the league
              I would take Chris Paul over Rondo 10 times out of 10 without hesitation.

Comment

I don't get the Courtney Lee love.

Dude has been around for years now and has never progressed beyond his 2009 run with Orlando as a ROOKIE. He is also 27 now.

He is an average - at best - NBA shooting guard owed nearly $16M over the next 3 years beyond the current.

No thank you.

Another way to put it: would you trade a lottery pick for Lee?

Comment

Unless its a three team trade that brings in another PG for us, a draft pick, and a Vet C. I am not willing to trade Jose or Lowry to Boston

Comment

The sooner we can get rid of Caldron and Bargnani we can step out of this Toronto Raptors are soft inconsistent losers north of the border label we have.

Comment

Check out this insane trade i put together:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b9dsra9

it does sorta benefit everyone tho

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post

except maybe the Hawks and Kings

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post

I can't see how any team other than Toronto could possibly like that deal. Right off the bat, I think it's safe to say that Smith will stay in Atlanta through this season, as a lure for Howard.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                            except maybe the Hawks and Kings
                            who cares about them lol

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Man, that is crazy.

What is with the rash of ACL injuries? Is it just me or have there been a lot of them in the last year? Or is the number the same just higher profile players?

Not really, but they have seemed to hit key players/PGs whose name begins with the letter "R" though

Rose, Rondo, Rubio

Comment

mike, prague wrote: View Post
                                Not really, but they have seemed to hit key players/PGs whose name begins with the letter "R" though

Rose, Rondo, Rubio
                                Rush

Comment

Working...
                                X