Brooklyn Home Opener vs Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brooklyn Home Opener vs Toronto

Wouldn't it be great if we beat Brooklyn at their first home game and ruin the party!

http://www.nba.com/nets/home-opener-nets-raptors
    Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

It would, a shot of a sad Jay Z would be priceles, 100 problems now, mazafaka

Comment

Lookin forward to JV showing Lopez (aka the most overrated player in the league) what a real centre can do. Should be an interesting game as I think the nets are a very overrated team. Raps need to bring the D but Brooklyn isn't stopping anybody. Don't love their bench either but Blatche has been balling in he preseason. They have a lot of firepower to be sure but that's what we have Casey for.
      LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

17 years ago, November 3rd 1995 the New Jersey Nets took on the new franchise Toronto Raptors, Raps won that game...

Now it's the Toronto Raptors facing off against the new franchise Brooklyn Nets... Although I think we'll still grab the win
        TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

http://thebrooklyngame.com/?p=47920 this gives no respect to the raps. Won't they be in for a surprise.

Comment

From this point on (after the Demar extension), the season just got interesting. I'd love for BC to "spin" his way out of this one. There's no chance in hell we beat Brooklyn tonight. No chance.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
              http://thebrooklyngame.com/?p=47920 this gives no respect to the raps. Won't they be in for a surprise.
              Meh, this seems to be the consensus opinion around the world....that the Raptors are "inferior" to Brooklyn. I can't say I disagree.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Meh, this seems to be the consensus opinion around the world....that the Raptors are "inferior" to Brooklyn. I can't say I disagree.
                Both the new look Raptors and the "new look" Brooklyn Nets have proved nothing yet. I don't think that we're better, but I don't think our roster is as bad or the difference is as substantial as everyone else is making it out to be.

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                  Both the new look Raptors and the "new look" Brooklyn Nets have proved nothing yet. I don't think that we're better, but I don't think our roster is as bad or the difference is as substantial as everyone else is making it out to be.
                  You're right. Neither team has proven anything. But based on natural talent alone, I would guess that Brooklyn finishes with more wins than us. I don't consider it disrespectful to say so.

Comment

I wonder what the fan turnout for this game will be like with all the problems Sandy caused for everyone on the East coast. Maybe it wont be a very inspired crowd and raps can take over with NY morale at a low.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      You're right. Neither team has proven anything. But based on natural talent alone, I would guess that Brooklyn finishes with more wins than us. I don't consider it disrespectful to say so.
                      Maybe not...

However it is disrespectful (to yourself and the team you root for) to be selling your own team short.

Comment

Maybe not...

However it is disrespectful (to yourself and the team you root for) to be selling your own team short.
                        How so? Please explain.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

Looking forward to this matchup. Lowry vs. Williams should be fun and I want to see JV against another pretty decent frontline in Lopez and Humphries. Gonna be tough to win there in their home opener.

Comment

Maybe not...

What ever happened to respect having to be earned? This franchise has been terrible for most of the time it has been in existence. The last two seasons were mind-numbingly bad, considering how fast and how far we fell since winning the Atlantic Division in '06-07. I would say I'm more of an optimist and more hopefull than the average fan (given the thread with the poll about expected wins for the Raps this season), but I'm also a realist and want/expect this year's Raptors team to earn respect... earn it from fans, from media, from experts and from NBA followers throughout the league and around the globe. BUT, remember, respect has to be earned.

Comment

i really don't expect a win. JJ always kills us and i have a feeling the refs are going to make sure the nba's shiny new moneymaker gets off on the right foot.

i HATE thinking like that with refs but its just a really bad feeling i get.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X