No announcement yet.

Raps Bucks and Nets --- Friends Unite!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raps Bucks and Nets --- Friends Unite!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=8xsp8ja

This trade probably seems crazy, but when you think about it it makes more sense.

For NJ:
    Dwight has already said he wants to play with S-Jax, and apparently is thinking about signing their in the off season. They keep the salary they need to sign him (Okur and Humps expiring contracts) and Howards friend. IF they do sign Howard in the off season, not only will they not need Lopez at C, they wont have the money he will probably ask for. Essentially, they get a much better chance of signing Howard, by trading away the player he would replace.

For Bucks: S-Jax is playing terribly, and apparently they desperately want to move him. There were also rumors early in the year about trading Jennings away. They trade Jennings to get rid of their head ache in Jackson, as well as getting a great young big man, and a young replacement for Jennings in Farmar (who is only 25) as well as a great off the bench scorer/expring contract.

For Toronto: We trade Barbosa and Bayless, who people do not think are part of the rebuild, and get a great young PG who is friends with Demar. Stevenson is just for salaries to work out, and expires at the end of the year.

New Jersey could do a lot better for Lopez, and although Dwight has said he would like to play with Jackson, New Jersey already has Marshon Brooks who Dwight has also apparently expressed interest in playing with.

Comment

LeetGoose wrote: View Post
      New Jersey could do a lot better for Lopez, and although Dwight has said he would like to play with Jackson, New Jersey already has Marshon Brooks who Dwight has also apparently expressed interest in playing with.
      Howard has expressed an interest in playing with nearly every bloody player in the league except the ones he actually does play with.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
        Howard has expressed an interest in playing with nearly every bloody player in the league except the ones he actually does play with.
        That's honestly so true. Hell, he could say he wanted to play with Rasual Butler just cause he isn't on Orlando.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

So Milwaukee trades their young star PG for a Center? But they already have Bogut.

Comment

Yes, but we're talking about Mr."Basketball-Court-Hates-Me" Bogut here.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
              So Milwaukee trades their young star PG for a Center? But they already have Bogut.
              Milwakee do get a PG back in Farmar and a solid C in Lopez.

I think this trade sucks for NJ. They lose Lopez for nothing and get S.Jackson's bad contract in return?
              They are better off retaining the expiring contract of Lopez for a sign-in trade for Howard if it comes to that.

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                Milwakee do get a PG back in Farmar and a solid C in Lopez.

I think this trade sucks for NJ. They lose Lopez for nothing and get S.Jackson's bad contract in return?
                They are better off retaining the expiring contract of Lopez for a sign-in trade for Howard if it comes to that.
                I would agree, but if you actually read my comments then you would see:
                Howard has said that if he goes to Nj he wants to sign as a free agent, no trade neccessary
                He apparently said he wanted to play with Jackson (I know he has said quite a few people now, but this was one of the first people he said, so I think its his preferance) so it improves Howards chance of signing there
                If Howard does sign, they will let Lopez go for nothing as they will not have any money to sign him.

Imo, it seems like its either Lopez or Jackson and Howard.

Comment

Working...
                X