Brainstorm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brainstorm

This thread might be a little off-topic but I'll keep it here for now. I'm just wondering if there is anything you feel is missing from the forum that you'd like to see in the future? Please feel free to comment here and I will make sure the right people get your suggestions.

Thanks,

Apollo

I love friday afternoon brainstorms!

1. I would like BC to share more insight into real/perceived trade rumors, so our discussions can be more accurate and even more knock-down-drag-out!

2. Allow RR readers to select the members of the Raptors dance pack, in a 'Miss Universe meets RR Fan Draft' style event.

3. Although not exactly a RR responsibility, it would be cool to have more interaction (not sure how exactly) with other teams' TrueHoop sites. I really enjoy pregame discussions that feature insight from the opposition's fanbase. Perhaps this could be done to discuss legit trade rumors, more pre and post game analyses, or who knows what else. I just like the idea of possibly getting more outside perspective on certain Raptors-related discussion.

So only 1 of the 3 is probably legit at this point, but I'll keep thinking on it. Without kissing ass too badly, I actually quite enjoy RR. The topics are extremely current, opinions are diverse, disucssion is lively (and 98% respectful) and there is quite a bit of original material (especially during the season), to keep us RR faithful coming back. Kudos to opening the door to this public 'suggestion box'!
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri Jun 15, 2012, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. The Raptors are looking at a fresh start this season so I figure the least I can do is listen to ideas and pass them along to the right person. This place will be flooded with a lot more activity next fall because Raptors message boards are simply more active in the good times. We should hit the ground running.

I used to frequent a lot of different boards before I settled in here but now I'm no longer in touch with cool things other sites might be doing that we could maybe do. #3 is really interesting. I'll pass that along to Doc and see if something is dooable down the road.

Comment

Brainstorm eh? Raptors looking for a fresh start eh?....hmmm what about starting fresh by having new jerseys? New look = fresh start, dont you think?

Comment

I like no. 3 a lot as well. Honestly this is the best forum out there. I'm into my fourth decade Lakers fandom and second decade Raptors. I have visited MANY forums for both teams (among other teams') and only spend time here. The discussions here are not all one sided but fruitful debates with thought out arguements and little insults or personal attacks. No Lakers forum is near respectful and a waste of time and energy to rea through, not to mention poorly organized.
          The separated forums (NBA, Everything raps and the trade forum - my personal fave) are excellently laid out. It is easy to find topics of interest, and honestly well moderated.
          Serious Kudos to the mods and admins.
          Hard to say bang on but definitely like Calgary's no. 3. It would be very interesting to have a game dialogue with TH fans of the opposing team- assuming of course it doesn't degrade or spiral into fights with words. It would be a lot of work on the mods of each team site to ensure that. I would offer that Laker games should be skipped, or I can just argue both sides and drive myself schizo.

Comment

Usagi_yo_Jimbo wrote: View Post
            Brainstorm eh? Raptors looking for a fresh start eh?....hmmm what about starting fresh by having new jerseys? New look = fresh start, dont you think?
            How about a complete aesthetic overhaul. Even the colors, too many teams have a Red and Black/White theme goin' on and it just looks kinda bland to me.

I like the Raptors name, we just need a fresh new logo and jerseys that would unofficially start a new era.

Anything really, something that is unique around the league. I like orange...

Comment

I like how when someone comments on a thread, that thread becomes bolded showing that there's a new message that you haven't read it yet. Nice addition and it saves a lot of time.

To make it even more easily accessible, would it be possible for that new post in the thread to also somehow become 'different' from the rest to show that you haven't read it? It's sorta difficult to explain..

Comment

Online messaging? Like if someone is online, and when I mean someone, I mean a person registered with the forum, there can be a huge discussion chat between 5-10 people in a chat room, or a chat between two RR people.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

if possible to have a scrolling feature that lets us start reading a thread from our last post. for example i go to bed when you guys get up and have to scroll back 2 sometimes 3 pages to get to the part of the conversation i was at before. if there was a way to just open the thread again where i left off to begin reading it would be nice and appreciated.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    if possible to have a scrolling feature that lets us start reading a thread from our last post. for example i go to bed when you guys get up and have to scroll back 2 sometimes 3 pages to get to the part of the conversation i was at before. if there was a way to just open the thread again where i left off to begin reading it would be nice and appreciated.
                    +1 I like this idea as well. I live in Vancouver. I wake up when most of the activity starts to happen.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      3. Although not exactly a RR responsibility, it would be cool to have more interaction (not sure how exactly) with other teams' TrueHoop sites. I really enjoy pregame discussions that feature insight from the opposition's fanbase. Perhaps this could be done to discuss legit trade rumors, more pre and post game analyses, or who knows what else. I just like the idea of possibly getting more outside perspective on certain Raptors-related discussion.
                      Closest I have been to that is r/nba (http://reddit.com/r/nba). Well moderated community, with all fanbases. Pre-game discussions come in the form of Game Threads.

Oh and if you see a Clippers banner right now, it's because the user who won r/nba's charity event got to choose the banner. So if you enjoy good taste, you can visit a little later
                      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Good stuff guys. Now that I have your attention I'm going to move this over into the suggestions section of the board.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          That was a pipe dream of mine when I came to RR, Calgary! Realistically, I don't think its feasible though. I mean, it obviously could be done with alot of work, but when you look at most of the other TrueHoop ESPN affiliates we're the only ones with an active message board.

Comment

Ah well, this thread might have been my own personal pipe dream. This place is pretty great as is.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Ah well, this thread might have been my own personal pipe dream. This place is pretty great as is.
                              Agreed. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!
                              Obviously anything can be improved, but for the amount of effort that would likely be required, its not worth it.
                              This Forum is TOP NOTCH.

(Congrats on the 10,000 posts!!)

Although, the Inter-team fanbase pregame discussions, would be pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X