No announcement yet.

Bargs' Defense Not Improved Over The Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can make up some stats and throw them on the board and then follow the stats up with slanderous words. I don't see Andrea here to defend himself or BC but you guys insult them. Stats are good to draw conclusions but they're not the end all of basketball. Sorry to tell you but some of the most important players on teams have crappy stats. SO HOW MANY BLOGS IS TO MUCH BEFORE IT BECOMES SLANDEROUS???? So if you guys wrote a blog on a lawyer or even a stock and slandered the lawyer or the stock you do know that you can get sued and lose. I've seen law suites in securites on ONE POST and that person has lost. SO when you start 6-8 blogs in one month?

Comment

• http://www.stockhouse.com/Bullboards...9&l=0&pd=2&r=0
      http://agoracom.com/ir/ForumLeaders/...ssages/1368193
      http://www.stockwatch.com/newsit/new...&news_region=C

Here is three cases of posts on blogs leading to people being sued and losing.

Comment

• Frankthetank wrote: View Post
        I can make up some stats and throw them on the board and then follow the stats up with slanderous words. I don't see Andrea here to defend himself or BC but you guys insult them.
        You can make up stats... sure.

But these are stats that were derived from his playing history. The only person who 'made up' these stats is Andrea.

And don't talk to me about 'slandering' Andrea, I have always had good things to say about him.Check my post history. I just think his rebounding is really bad.

Comment

• I agree his rebounding isn't the best. To call him heartless, useless and to trade him aren't stat based. We've looked at this subject 10 ways to sunday and its time to move on. We can reopen the subject when the season starts. Blast me all you like if I'm wrong

Comment

Gasol, BOsh, Nowitzki and kevin garnet were all first options by their 3 rd year. Bargni has never been a first option untill this coming season. You dip shits can say all you like but I will let this years stats back me up. Start living in the future not the past. SIrchilly your oppinion means even less then buddah and timw. You guys say that were emotional for defending ANdrea but it sounds like all three of you guys have an agenda to slander Bargni.

when you know your going to be right it feels a lot better. The raptors will be as a good or better without BOSH and tuRK. Just like the Blue Jays. All the analysts had the JAYS last in the division and conference. The jays lost their star player and seem to be better. I would love to bet each one of you guys that ANdrea will average over 20 points a game and 8 rebounds a game. $20 each if your man enough.
            Check out my website www.guelphbball.com
            Okay, again with the insults. Why? Because we disagree with you? And how on earth am I slandering Bargnani?

slan·der   [slan-der]
            –noun
            1. defamation; calumny: rumors full of slander.
            2. a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report: a slander against his good name.
            3. Law . defamation by oral utterance rather than by writing, pictures, etc.

I haven't done any of that. I haven't said anything personal about Bargnani, and there is nothing I have said that hasn't been backed up by facts or stats. You seem to think simply criticizing how a player performs on the court is slandering him. It isn't.
            And I never started one of these threads. In fact, I don't believe I've ever started a thread here about Bargnani.

You want to say that Bargnani will make a great developmental leap this year. Great. We simply pointed out that the evidence works against that premise. If you had said that DeRozan would become an All-Star this year, I would have debated that. I was ecstatic that the Raptors were able to draft Ed Davis, but if anyone said he would one day become a top ten player, I would say you're nuts.

The problem I have with many Bargnani fans is they often COMPLETELY ignore evidence in order to argue their point, or their argument lacks logic. And then if you point that out, they get offended.

And no one has ever said that Bargnani will not increase his scoring. I certainly wouldn't be shocked if he ends up averaging 22 ppg- although my guess is it will be around 20 ppg, and I also wouldn't be surprised if it did end up going down. It will be interesting. I certainly don't think his efficiency will remain the same, and I think he'll often struggle to score consistently. But becoming the #1 option doesn't affect defense and rebounding, so why do Bargnani fans keep bringing up the fact that he's going to be the #1 option this year. Great. That means he'll probably end up shooting the ball a lot more. Cause and effect tells me that he will probably score more. Again, however, none of that tells me anything about his defense or rebounding.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• These Bargnani Forum discussions really make me wonder how bored Rap fans are right now – or maybe that should be impatient.
              In regards to Andrea’s game against Nikola Pekovic, taking this size of a stat (one game) and making a generalization, would be one more reason why your ass would be fired, should you be working for Angus Reid or Ekos.
              Taking 10 games (sans Bosh), and making a call (or is it only reinforcing bias), wouldn’t score you much more either with the Boss.
              “Bargnani Defense not Improved over the Summer”
              That statement right there says it all: “We are the boss, and if we wanna run your ass out of T.O., we can do that. And we don’t care if the mistake hasn’t happened yet. If we think you’re gonna f*@k up, start packing your bags. ”
              I’m glad some people aren’t the GM. They would change this team more than BC does. A thought I already have a little trouble with.
              Of course, some people might ask why do I bother responding?
              Because I’m bored too.

Comment

I agree his rebounding isn't the best. To call him heartless, useless and to trade him aren't stat based. We've looked at this subject 10 ways to sunday and its time to move on. We can reopen the subject when the season starts. Blast me all you like if I'm wrong
                I never called him heartless or useless. Not once. As I've previously said, I have never once said something personal about him.

As for wanting to trade him, that's not slanderous. That's simply expressing an opinion. I WOULD like for him to be traded. Why do you have a problem with that?

RaptorRoo wrote:
                *This post has been deleted*
                Speaking of slander, THIS is slander. You are calling me a liar despite evidence to the contrary. I've given you evidence, but you chose not to believe it. You're changing the argument from one about a player to a personal one. If you continue to do so I don't think there's any point in responding anymore.
                Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Thu Aug 19, 2010, 09:21 AM.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Gasol, BOsh, Nowitzki and kevin garnet were all first options by their 3 rd year. Bargni has never been a first option untill this coming season. You dip shits can say all you like but I will let this years stats back me up. Start living in the future not the past. SIrchilly your oppinion means even less then buddah and timw. You guys say that were emotional for defending ANdrea but it sounds like all three of you guys have an agenda to slander Bargni.

when you know your going to be right it feels a lot better. The raptors will be as a good or better without BOSH and tuRK. Just like the Blue Jays. All the analysts had the JAYS last in the division and conference. The jays lost their star player and seem to be better. I would love to bet each one of you guys that ANdrea will average over 20 points a game and 8 rebounds a game. $20 each if your man enough.
                  Check out my website www.guelphbball.com
                  so your evidence to prove that bargs will be better is:

by using the much higher rate of improvement shown from KG, gasol, and dirk.

the fact that bosh is gone, so now all of a sudden andrea will somehow learn to play defense.

and the fact that the jays improved after losing a star player.

Comment

• Stats can be skewed and presented in a way to favour an viewpoint...All the Bargnani haters on here need to take a step back and think it through LOGICALLY...Why do you think he's rebounding WAS lower than it could or should be? Perhaps, it had something to do with a certain player that was the cornerstone of the franchise for the last 7 years who is no longer here...Bargs role was different then, and since bball is played by a team in a specific system you need to allow for that fact. In other words, Bargs obvious talent and development over the years is proof that given an opportunity in a more PROMINENT role (to score, rebound and get to the line) he will rise to the challenge...

Comment

• RaptorRoo wrote:
                      *This post has been deleted*
                      but what does that have to do with anything ?

raptorroo are you eleven years old ?
                      Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Thu Aug 19, 2010, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
                        Stats can be skewed and presented in a way to favour an viewpoint...All the Bargnani haters on here need to take a step back and think it through LOGICALLY...Why do you think he's rebounding WAS lower than it could or should be? Perhaps, it had something to do with a certain player that was the cornerstone of the franchise for the last 7 years who is no longer here...Bargs role was different then, and since bball is played by a team in a specific system you need to allow for that fact. In other words, Bargs obvious talent and development over the years is proof that given an opportunity in a more PROMINENT role (to score, rebound and get to the line) he will rise to the challenge...
                        how can something you predict to happen in the future be proof ?

Comment

• Vinnie_Paz: Thanks for helping us make our point...Gasol and Dirk developed there early skills in EUROPE much like guess who??? Also, their players who got BETTER after 4 seasons. Andrea CAN play defense but it does need to improve and IT WILL now that he is the focal point of team. How much it will improve has yet to be seen, BUT until then those that want to trade him when he'll just be starting to hit his stride in becoming a 20 plus and 10 guy need to give their heads a GOOD SHAKE!

Comment

• RaptorRoo wrote:
                            Vinnie_Paz: No, I'm not eleven years old. Are you mentally challenged? If so, I apologize for my posts hurting your little feelings. His progression in development over the last 4 seasons are recorded in unbiased STATS (ie.PROOF), the same kind that some of you on here are obsessed with...
                            lol ok without any offensive comments, can you explain why you are using the development in gasol's game to andrea's ?

just b/c they both came from europe doesnt mean they will develop the same, and im sure you know that. now i have posted the stats from gasol's rookie year.

9 boards, 2 blocks.

so gasol and kg, and bogut and everyone else, were already decent rebounders before they entered the nba.

i am only asking you to share some knowledge on why you think that bargnani will be a better rebounder ?

so far all i've heard is:

because gasol and kg got better so will bargs.

because bosh is gone, so now bargs will step up.

because the jays lost their star player and had a decent season.

would you agree that none of these are legitimate reasons to say bargs will be a better defender this year?

obviously offensively he will have better stats due to more touches and plays being run for him.. but that doesnt mean he will rebound better does it ?

if you think it does mean he will rebound better that's totally fine and im not sure why you opened this thread since you are so positive that bargs will be a great ( i think you said 22 n 8).

Comment

Vinnie_Paz: Thanks for helping us make our point...Gasol and Dirk developed there early skills in EUROPE much like guess who??? Also, their players who got BETTER after 4 seasons
                              in kg's 2nd season he averaged 8 rbds, 2 blocks. not his 4th season his SECOND season.
                              gasol we have mentioned.

bogut 2nd season 12 ps 9 rbds

even mehmet okur in his 1st season playing 30+ mins got 9 rebounds.

so who are these bigs you keep mentioning that took 4 seasons to develop ?

Comment

Andrea CAN play defense but it does need to improve and IT WILL now that he is the focal point of team.
                                again, not trying to be rude, but if you can help me understand how making a player the focal point of the team would improve their defense ?

Comment

Working...
                                X