Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN: Raptors register interest in Mike Woodson, Dwayne Casey and Lawrence Frank.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

905hoopfiend wrote: View Post
    Didn't Adelman leave Houston because he didn't want to be part of a rebuilding situation?
    I would love JVG, sad to see him leave Mark Jackson and Breen on commentary, but him dealing with Toronto media on a day-to-day basis would be pretty funny.
    I think it had more to do with issues between the GM (Morey) and Adelman.

Comment

The Portland Trail Blazers are looking for a general manager, and Rick Adelman is interested in the position.

However, Adelman, who coached Portland to the NBA Finals in 1990 and 1992, told the Portland Tribune that he has no interest in returning to that particular job -- especially since the Blazers still employ Nate McMillan.
      Rick Adelman was fired by the Blazers in 1994. (AP Photo)

“I’d love to talk to them,” said Adelman, fired in April after four seasons as head coach of the Houston Rockets. “I’d be interested in talking to them about any position.”

“I have no interest in the head coaching job,” he says. “I need to make that clear. They have a really good coach. Nate has done a great job.”

Adelman told the Tribune that he has not been contacted by the team but is interested in both returning to Portland and getting away from the rigors of coaching; he's 65 and has been a head coach for 19 seasons.

“I’m looking to do something different, with not quite the stress the coaching aspect has,"

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...#ixzz1OWO1SKS1
      Sorry guys doesn't look like Adelman is interested in coaching anymore.

Comment

Casey kept a really shitty twolves team competitive, he's definitely a good coach.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I initially was against Casey, but the more I sit back on it, the more I think he'd be the best candidate for the job. However, Colangelo will want someone with some sort of pedigree and who doesn't exactly shy away from running a good offense. I don't know if that's Casey.

Comment

Can someone give me a break down of what we get from Frank, Woodson, and Casey? I don't know any of them and I wouldn't know what to expect!
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Woodson wouldn't be a bad choice at this stage in the game.
              bleah - he is my least favorite of the three - he fumbled the ball a lot in ATL. Had to stave off a mutiny at one point. Frank would be stellar and DC could be perfect.
              "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
                bleah - he is my least favorite of the three - he fumbled the ball a lot in ATL. Had to stave off a mutiny at one point. Frank would be stellar and DC could be perfect.
                Woodson's teams in Atlanta improved every year he was there. I don't understand how he fumbled the ball a lot.

Comment

Forget about these guys. Toronto should name Andrea a player/coach. Have them stink it up for the year winning maybe 1-3 games and then claiming one of the top picks in next years draft

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    I think it had more to do with issues between the GM (Morey) and Adelman.
                    Yes, and that Adelman wanted to groom one of his guys to take over but told who he should be teaching.

j bean wrote: View Post
                    Casey would be an excellent choice. He still has something to prove in the HC ranks. The Warriors are taking a long look at him and Frank but haven't made up their minds yet. Hopefully BC can sign his guy before someone else does.
                    I definitely have grown to like Casey as the next coach. I still prefer Adelman (and the dual coach/GM/asstGM thing could be an enticement as he can do a few years coaching, groom a replacement and move 100% upstairs), but Casey is a very close 2nd. Frank not as much, and I would be good with Woodson.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                      Am I the only one that really does not want Frank as our next coach?
                      No, you are not not alone. There are 6 or 7 of us....

Comment

I think Kelvin Sampson is perfect for the raps. Lots of expierence in college with Indiana, Wash St, Spurs advisor in the nba, Good at developing young players, has a rep for defense , toughness.

Comment

rapsfan2011 wrote: View Post
                          I think Kelvin Sampson is perfect for the raps. Lots of expierence in college with Indiana, Wash St, Spurs advisor in the nba, Good at developing young players, has a rep for defense , toughness.
                          I don't think Triano would fire Triano only to replace him with someone who doesn't have a pro-level track record. It gets hairy when you deal with collegiate coaches. It doesn't always translate (Pitino, Callipari, Tim Floyd)

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                            Woodson's teams in Atlanta improved every year he was there. I don't understand how he fumbled the ball a lot.
                            Woodson managed to win 50 games and a playoff series - Raps could get someone a lot worse than him.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              Can someone give me a break down of what we get from Frank, Woodson, and Casey? I don't know any of them and I wouldn't know what to expect!
                              Why don't you enlighten yourself? Then you'll be able to enlighten others.

Comment

j bean wrote: View Post
                                Why don't you enlighten yourself? Then you'll be able to enlighten others.
                                k you're like the third to crack a similar joke about my username during my short career here at rr, ive been using this as a username for years on almost every internet account! dont hate.
                                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X