Hedo trade idea to Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hedo trade idea to Dallas

If Hedo doesn't bounce back till the trade deadline, this is what I propose:

Toronto sends: Hedo Turkoglu(10 Million per season for another 4 years) and Marcus Banks (4.5 million per season for another season)

For

Dallas: Josh Howard (10 Million per season that expires at the end of this season) and Matt Caroll(4.7 million per season for another 3 seasons).

Josh Howard isn't doing too well in Dallas after coming back from last season's injury and playing behind Shawn Marion so he is probably looking for a change of scenery and probably won't resign in the offseason with Dallas. Dallas may be able to live with Hedo's long term contract, if the Raptors be willing to take Matt Caroll's long contract that is half as much as Hedo while they unload Banks in the offseason somewhere.
    Last edited by Hotshot; Mon Feb 1, 2010, 05:04 PM.

The Mavs are looking for a SG, not a SF. And I don't think Hedo would mesh well with Jason Kidd.

Comment

Hedo Turkoglu would have been a very good fit for Dallas. He is the type of playmaking wing that could have a big impact in opening up their offense.

Good idea.
      nbaroundtable

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
        Hedo Turkoglu would have been a very good fit for Dallas. He is the type of playmaking wing that could have a big impact in opening up their offense.

Good idea.
        Yeah it was a good idea especially since Josh Howard seemed to have found his scoring touch in Washington.

Who knows if Caron Butler experiment fails in Dallas, then in the offseason we can try the same trade as this one by substituting Butler name instead of J.Howard for Hedo.

Caron Butler(expiring July 2011) + Matt Caroll

for

Hedo Turkoglu + Marcus Banks

Comment

I much rather trade off our expirings (Banks, Evans, possibly marco) next year for a good piece from a team trying to tank for lottery or free agency.

Comment

if Butler fails in Dallas, then I don't want him...

Comment

CalibreMC wrote: View Post
              if Butler fails in Dallas, then I don't want him...
              You are failing to see the big picture that Butler contract expires at the end of the 2010-11 season and thus the Raptors will only be on the hook for 3 seasons for Matt Carolls (4.7 million dollars per season) as oppposed to Hedo whom you will be on the hook for another 4 seasons(10 million dollars per season) and in a decline. Thus the Raptors will be able to save some money and can add via trade or free agency useful players more easily.

Butler is a very useful player and the only reason he would fail in Dallas is either because of the system or the fact that he has to fight for minutes with the likes of Jason Terry and Shawn Marion. He did however scored 20 points in a win against Miami 2 nights ago.

Comment

Working...
              X