Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh Trades - For the Administrators

Hello higher ups of Raptors Republic.

I wanted to do the research but i thought id ask you instead.
    Who are the teams that have the money to sign Bosh during the summer? Who are the possible sign and trade partners for Toronto and who would be the players who'd most likely get traded for or with Bosh??

Enlighten us with your wisdom!!!!!

Please no crap like Monta/Biedrins for Bosh because we all know that GSW will not release Monta, you know, trades that are possible, considering all options.

Thank you and do you need another regular writer?? ehem, ehem.

Answers

I would recommend you read up on some of the sites here: Apollo's NBA Fan Essentials

Some teams who can outright sign him and are legit possibilities would be the Knicks, Heat and Bulls.

S&T possibilities? Well, based on season rumors the Lakers, Knicks and Heat need to be on there. Beyond them I would add some Texan teams to the mix like the Rockets, Spurs and Mavs.

I'm sure the Nets will come knocking about signing him or, depending on interest, possible S&T's. Throw in Oklahoma because Durant said he's going into recruit mode this off-season and they have cap. These two teams are less likely in my mind.
    Last edited by Apollo; Thu Apr 15, 2010, 05:44 PM.

Comment

2 months ago I would never have suggested the raps let Bosh go, but I think a S&T with the Knicks that includes David Lee would make the most sense out of what would realistically be out there. With Lee crashing the boards in his usual fashion Bargs would have more offensive plays to work with while not having to become the next Rodman during this off-season. I think whoever takes on Bosh's max money deal will regret it in year 4 when his body is broken down(think Jermaine O'Neal over the last two seasons). No knock against CB or JO they both will give you the effort but them skinny bigs tend to age quicker then usual. Not even KG was immune to the skinny big effect.
      limpin ain't easy, but I make it look good...

Comment

Any team is a sign-and-trade partner as long as they're willing to go over the cap.

The following teams can offer Bosh a max-money contract:

Knicks
        Heat
        Wizards
        Bulls
        Kings
        Timberwolves
        Clippers
        Nets

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
          Thank you and do you need another regular writer?? ehem, ehem.
          That's for the big wigs Arse, Sam and Scott to decide, but why not practice here and show us some of your work on our forums.

Comment

Prophet2k wrote: View Post
            2 months ago I would never have suggested the raps let Bosh go, but I think a S&T with the Knicks that includes David Lee would make the most sense out of what would realistically be out there. With Lee crashing the boards in his usual fashion Bargs would have more offensive plays to work with while not having to become the next Rodman during this off-season. I think whoever takes on Bosh's max money deal will regret it in year 4 when his body is broken down(think Jermaine O'Neal over the last two seasons). No knock against CB or JO they both will give you the effort but them skinny bigs tend to age quicker then usual. Not even KG was immune to the skinny big effect.
            Speaking of Lee:
            Here’s a kind of verbatim conversation I had with a fellow before last night’s game. Him first.

“What about Bosh?”

“I think he’s gone but six week ago I thought he was staying so who knows.”

“Sign-and-trade?" “That’s what they want.”

“David Lee?”

“Sure, and something really good with him. That seems to be what the people want.”

“Makes sense.”

“Tell me about Lee.”

“If you put him out there with Bargnani and Turkoglu it might be the worst defensive front court in the history of basketball. But he’s a good guy.”

“Hmm. That might be enough.”
            Doug Smith's Toronto Raptors blog

Comment

Actually Golden State is looking to get rid of Monta to make more room for Curry. This has actually been a story for a large part of the year, so maybe you should do a little research before making assumptions. Might help your case for regular writer a bit.

Comment

NOOOOOOOO David Lee!!!!!!

Bad for TO. Bad!

Comment

Yea, I'm only on board for David Lee if Bargs and Turk are gone as well. He has inflated stats on a bad team without any rebounding and has been in back to back contract years. Something tells me he wants to get inked and take a year off.

GS has no need for a PF, they have Randolph who has once in a generation talent and Brandon Wright, a hidden gem. If they want to give us either or both, hopefully BC will oblige them.

I think he goes Heat or Bulls, but Heat apparently love Amare. Bulls would work, but I don't see us getting back anything more then Taj Gibson and maybe a pick which will be useless after the Bulls go to the Eastern Conference finals next year.
                  If he goes bulls, BC should force them to do a Jose for Hinrich swap, that would make it all worth it.

Comment

Bosh is going to LA

You heard it here first: If the Lakers fail to repeat as champions, Bosh (and perhaps Calderon, too) is going to Lakers for Pau Gasol. It makes too much sense for both teams.

Comment

J_Dubyah wrote: View Post
                      You heard it here first: If the Lakers fail to repeat as champions, Bosh (and perhaps Calderon, too) is going to Lakers for Pau Gasol. It makes too much sense for both teams.
                      Gasol does NOT make sense for Toronto. He is basically a Euro version of Bosh, plus we saw where he managed to take the Grizzlies when he was their franchise player. Bosh for Bynum, and if Bynum can stay healthy it would make sense.

Comment

J_Dubyah wrote: View Post
                        Who knows, but you're hardly the first to suggest this. I've read it a few times - even today:
                        http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_100405.html
                        (or was it you who leaked it to Sam Smith?)

Comment

I agree with Kennay, it doesn't make sense for either team. I think both would say no.

The lakers would never give up that much and they love Gasol. They need a point guard. Flipping big men makes no sense, especially when Gasol is more marketable to the Latin American community.

Comment

S&T Bosh

It would be best for us to trade Bosh to Oklahoma for Jeff Green. This actually makes sense to OKC because Bosh is an upgrade for them. Can we trade Turkoglu for a rebounder - look at DuJuan Blair last night or Brandon Bass - Yes I know the $$ don't work, just ideas flowing here. Most important is a new coach with an actual defensive scheme. AB has the potential play positional defence if told how to do it - just don't expecta rebounder out of him, but he can block shots.

Comment

Bosh for Noah, Heinrich and a Pick. If I had to, I would take that

Comment

Working...
                              X