No announcement yet.

Gay to debut for Raptors on Sunday [Post #727]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan wolstat says on twitter that based on what he's heard he thinks "it's 70% likely the raptors aquire Rudy Gay"

he said there are "many many factors at play. Tons of stuff going on, but there's a good chance it happens before the deadline"
    Last edited by Machine; Tue Jan 29, 2013, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
      Ryan wolstat says on twitter that based on what he's heard he thinks there is a 70% chance that we get Gay before the deadline for a number of reasons
      I wasnt planning to, but i guess now im having a beer at lunch! Woohoo!!!

Comment

• For Rudy Gay, I would be willing to shop any of these players;

Demar Derozan (Terrence Ross and Landry Fields still available at the 2 position)
        Ed Davis/Amir Johnson
        Jose Calderon
        Linas Kleiza
        Andrea Bargnani
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Red and White wrote: View Post
          And getting Arthur as well would be key. I just hope we do not trade him away only to see him really come into his own with someone like Z Bo in Memphis helping him out, and for us Raptor fans to be kicking our selves for letting him go in the future.
          I think theres always that risk when letting go of a player, but everybody has to understand that every team, every situation is different.

Comment

Ryan wolstat says on twitter that based on what he's heard he thinks there is a 70% chance that we get Gay before the deadline for a number of reasons
            Huzzah!!! (as long as Jonas and Ross are staying put).

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
              For Rudy Gay, I would be willing to shop any of these players;

Demar Derozan (Terrence Ross and Landry Fields still available at the 2 position)
              Ed Davis/Amir Johnson
              Jose Calderon
              Linas Kleiza
              Andrea Bargnani
              No offense but it doesnt take a genius to figure that out.
              Man this beer kicked in pretty fast!

Comment

Ryan wolstat says on twitter that based on what he's heard he thinks "it's 70% likely the raptors aquire Rudy Gay"

he said there are "many many factors at play. Tons of stuff going on, but there's a good chance it happens before the deadline"
                Are you freakin' kidding me?! I was really hoping this would get done by the end of the day.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                  Are you freakin' kidding me?! I was really hoping this would get done by the end of the day.
                  who knows, things could change.. he posted that 2 hours ago after all lol

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                    lol

Comment

• I just read the tweet myself. Wolstat could've been attempting humour:

"Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear." Good advice in terms of leaked NBA trade speculation
                      Now that I've said that, I think it's 70% likely the Raptors acquire Rudy Gay
                      In other words, don't believe anything Wolstat says, lol.

Comment

• It's interesting that this seems to be heating up just after Rondo's injury. The thing that's been holding the Raptors back on moving Calderon is that nobody is really motivated to make a move, everyone is willing to just wait. But with the Celtics motivated to move quickly on getting a new PG, it means that Colangelo finally has a bit of leverage. On the other hand, if Memphis is seriously willing to entertain Pierce for Gay, then Memphis might view themselves as having more leverage, too.

Comment

• Is it bad that I want to see this happen just so I can hear the rationale for it?

"Well, Doug, whenever you have the chance to get a guy who is making $16.5, $18 and $19 million dollars over the next three years who shoots 40% from the field, is a mediocre small forward, who has never made an all-star game, and whose current championship calibre team is prepared to trade him, you have to take it. We really needed another volume shooter who plays in isolation. It's the missing piece that gets us over the hump. You know, teams are already calling us up congratulating us on this deal."

I can't wait for this press conference....
                          Last edited by slaw; Tue Jan 29, 2013, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• With Amir's really surprising development and improvement (many saying he is what he is), still having Quincy Acy, and possibly acquiring a really nice forward in Darrell Arthur, I think letting Davis off would be fine, especially because we're acquiring Gay.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b9ezrxs

Toronto Trades: Jose Calderon, Demar Derozan, Ed Davis + 2nd Round picks
                            Memphis Trades: Tony Wroten Jr. Rudy Gay, Darrell Arthur + 1st Round

Memphis takes in Derozan's contract - and while taking in near 10$ million the next year - Jose expires at the end of the season, allowing them to re-sign him for cheaper or letting him walk to acquire the full cap space, and Ed Davis' cheap rookie contract and his ability to back-up Randolph. Derozan's contract is definitely better than Gay's, and it might be stupid to say Derozan is a better player, but he's playing fairly better this season. Memphis addresses their cap issues, set a solid future for when Randolph is out with Davis, and their number 1 wing in Derozan. Memphis can continue to build their team with young pieces, and trade Randolph for cap/picks/prospects. Also gets Toronto's 2nd Round picks.

Toronto acquires Gay - and although not playing great (also not at 100%) - he's a potential star, only 26 years old, proves can score with the best of them, great slashing ability, athletic, terrific finisher, shoot the ball from anywhere on the floor, and defensively better than Derozan. Tony Wroten. JR addresses the need for a true back up guard (possibly the future if Lowry is traded, or walks) - no one wants to see Lucas be the full time back-up - and Arthur who provides energy, rebounding, and hustle off the bench. Possibly a future first, non protected pick from Memphis.

Talent for talent.

Toronto:

Lowry/Wroten/Lucas
                            Fields/Ross/Pietrus
                            Gay/Anderson/Kleiza
                            Johnson/Bargnani/Arthur/Acy
                            Valanciunas/Gray
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              If we can keep Ed and still acquire rudy gay, then i'd jizz my pants. It not completely out of the question tho, if another team jumps in we could make it possible with Bargs, Caldy and Kleiza/Pietrus/AA.
                              A start lineup of:

Lowry
                              DeRozan
                              Gay
                              Eddy D
                              Valanciunas

Now that is a beastly lineup.
                              Do you really think this could ever happen at all? The Grizzlies are trying to shed salary not obtain even more.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                If only it were possible for the Raptors to pull off these 2 trades!

TRADE 1: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bacx9u3

* Utah would likely waive Collins & Barbosa
                                * Toronto would send 2 2nd round picks to Utah
                                * Utah would send a 1st round pick to Memphis
                                * Toronto would send a 2nd round pick to Boston
                                * Boston would send a 1st round pick to Toronto

TRADE 2: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=atq2plq

* Minnesota would send a 1st round pick to Lakers (Memphis' 2013 pick, which is already owed to Minny)
                                * Toronto would send a 1st round pick to Lakers (from Boston in Trade #1)

TORONTO LINEUP
                                C: Pekovic, Valanciunas, Gray
                                PF: Millsap, Johnson, Acy
                                SF: Gay, Williams, Anderson
                                SG: Fields, Ross, Pietrus
                                PG: Ridnour, Duhon, Lucas

Dreaming I know... but on the surface they actually make sense to me...
                                Stop teasing me man.... not cool...

Comment

Working...
                                X