• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boko wrote: View Post
    The reasons I'd move Andrea to SF are:
    1) so that Marc Gasol can take his place at C
    2) Bryan isn't going to trade him, in my opinion
    3) his overall game is undervalued by many in the Raptor Nation (he IS the 3rd best player we have).

I just want Jimmer for his 3s. With Gasol improving the O inside, and Jimmer both improving our 3s and making José and Jerryd realize that they have to make their 3s to keep Jimmer on the bench ... I think that the lanes would open up for Ed, Amir, DeMar & James.
    nah
    1) memphis wont give up gasol
    2)He probably will trade him to the kings for their pick and thompson
    3)his offense is ok but his defense in terrible. Also he is not efficient on the offensive end. He's a "chucker"

nah, picking up free agents like arron affalo will be a much better choice for improving 3 pt shooting. Also we got alot of players that can still develop that 3 pt shot with a little practice.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
      nah
      1) memphis wont give up gasol
      2)He probably will trade him to the kings for their pick and thompson
      3)his offense is ok but his defense in terrible. Also he is not efficient on the offensive end. He's a "chucker"

nah, picking up free agents like arron affalo will be a much better choice for improving 3 pt shooting. Also we got alot of players that can still develop that 3 pt shot with a little practice.
      Memphis has $52.9 mill already committed to salaries next year ... Toronto has $45 mill. We can offer more, and then they can't match. Plus the Grizz are 27th in attendance, while we're 19th. And we have the 4th largest market in North America. Memphis is 20th. Do the math.

Jason Thompson is a sub on a bad team. Why would we want him? Why do we want the King's 5th pick? We already have the 3rd.

AND JC is the only real passer on the entire team.

Arron Afflalo is the 10th man on a marginal playoff team. He isn't the answer, either.

Our 3 pt shooters need allot more than "a little practice"

Comment

• Guys you should maybe move this conversation to another thread?.. just saying. haha I keep thinking Boko is Introducing himself again! haha

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          Guys you should maybe move this conversation to another thread?.. just saying. haha I keep thinking Boko is Introducing himself again! haha
          You're right. I've moved it to 'Summer 2011: What our beloved Raptors should do. Concretely.'

Comment

• Hey I am new.

Comment

• MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
              Hey I am new.
              Welcome.

Comment

• Just joined. Posted since '05 on another site that became inundated with children and "less-functioning" adults. Used to log on there every day, but hadn't posted sice February. Looking forward to some intelligent conversation here. Read a bunch of forums before joining and it looks like a far better group here at RR. Toronto born, moved West 16 years ago. Love my Raptors, Leafs, Blue Jays and Buffalo Bills. Still got Southern Ontario in my veins.

Comment

Hey I am new.
                  BayCityBaller wrote: View Post
                  Just joined. Posted since '05 on another site that became inundated with children and "less-functioning" adults. Used to log on there every day, but hadn't posted sice February. Looking forward to some intelligent conversation here. Read a bunch of forums before joining and it looks like a far better group here at RR. Toronto born, moved West 16 years ago. Love my Raptors, Leafs, Blue Jays and Buffalo Bills. Still got Southern Ontario in my veins.
                  Cheers guys ... always love adding new members to the RR family. Any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask.

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                    Cheers guys ... always love adding new members to the RR family. Any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask.

I gots a question. This is not like that other board where that powertripping mod posts, is it? I like to have fun, and talk raptors, I dont take the team that seriously anymore, beacuse I have been doing this since 1995 and learned that you need to look at this as entertainment.

At the same time, I really like to speak my mind even if that means going counter to forum thought. I hope that is okay here? I really don't take myself that seriously, so I get perplexed when others take me seriously. So I hope in traditional RR style, and I am talking more about the front page, that this forum is a little more understanding to fans that have their own take on the state of things.

Comment

I gots a question. This is not like that other board where that powertripping mod posts, is it? I like to have fun, and talk raptors, I dont take the team that seriously anymore, beacuse I have been doing this since 1995 and learned that you need to look at this as entertainment.

At the same time, I really like to speak my mind even if that means going counter to forum thought. I hope that is okay here? I really don't take myself that seriously, so I get perplexed when others take me seriously. So I hope in traditional RR style, and I am talking more about the front page, that this forum is a little more understanding to fans that have their own take on the state of things.
                      I am not sure there are any powertripping mod posts here but if I am wrong, someone can correct me without fear of editing or banishment - (insert evil laugh here).

However, these are the guidelines for RR forums: http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...s-amp-Policies

Stay within these rules and there is no issue. I might be biased but I think this is the best Raptors fan forum online.

Comment

• ya you guys take me way to seriously on this forum. One swear word and i find a notification in my inbox sayin i'll be banned. It feels like going to elementry school, "don't swear", "don't do this", "don't say that".

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                          ya you guys take me way to seriously on this forum. One swear word and i find a notification in my inbox sayin i'll be banned. It feels like going to elementry school, "don't swear", "don't do this", "don't say that".
                          Things were not as straightforward as that. If you have an issue, take it up via PM with any of the mods or admins. The guidelines for the forums are in the link above in post 295. If you do not agree with them, there is no need to post here. There are plenty of forums where you can swear, call others names, and trade childish banter. This forum is for intelligent, thoughtful, and respectful Raptor discussion.

With that said, you are valued and welcomed member here.

Comment

• BayCityBaller wrote: View Post
                            Just joined. Posted since '05 on another site that became inundated with children and "less-functioning" adults. Used to log on there every day, but hadn't posted sice February. Looking forward to some intelligent conversation here. Read a bunch of forums before joining and it looks like a far better group here at RR. Toronto born, moved West 16 years ago. Love my Raptors, Leafs, Blue Jays and Buffalo Bills. Still got Southern Ontario in my veins.
                            It's really too bad you're a Bills fan! The agony you must go through year-in year-out with no hope in sight!

Haha, just kidding... sort of... Welcome to RR though.

Comment

• I am a Bills fan by proximity. I hated them in their glory days, all I saw on TV was fires in Tonowanda and the buffalo bills. As a child I was not even an NFL fan, but I could name you the entire roster and all I wanted to do was watch Heman (back then all the good cartoons were on buffalo stations). I recognized Bills players before I recognized major world figures.

So for a while growing up, I hated them good.

Now, I love them, cause they suck and I feel bad for my brothers in Buffalo. It's funny, when they were great, I hated them with a passion, now that they suck... I love them and want them to do well. The world is one crazy ride.
                              Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Sat May 21, 2011, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• MyMomLovesMe, we have a growing community of NFL fans here at RR. We're not a large group yet but there are some really knowledgeable fans around here. We also have a fantasy keeper league that recently finished off a very successful first season. If you want to talk football you'll find a good home for it here once the season starts to approach. I guess you can figure out where my allegiance stands. Been a Packers fan almost as far back as Farve's first season with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X