OFFICIAL: Landry Fields is a Toronto Raptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maleko wrote: View Post
    Not specifically jumping on you here, but it kills me how the contract numbers get bloated to complain or make points. The contract is $18.7M or a little over $6.3M against the cap per season (since the PPP is averaged for the offering team). But people keep quoting $20M, and now $7M per or $21M?? Pretty soon people will say we payed Kobe money for the guy! Similar with Amir's contract and everyone saying Calderon is paid $11M per year during his contract.
    Yep, fair enough. I was just making a point. I corrected my numbers in a later post.

Comment

• It's a bad contract. It's too much money. He plays a position that we already have 2 young guys playing. He regressed badly in year 2, he was playing Dantoni ball in year 1. This is a major F up

Comment

• People are saying we NEED a starter, why can't we just have great DEPTH?

I mean look at a team like the Nuggets, sure they weren't great, but they made the playoffs with decent players, but decent players at every rotation. IMO, our players are much more talented. Fields, Demar, Ross, JJ, Kleiza looks pretty game deep and well enough at LEAST to compete.

Bargnani is a more skilled/SMARTER basketball player than either Mcgee or Faried. Gallinari in my mind was there only "big time" player.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• NoBan wrote: View Post
          It's a bad contract. It's too much money. He plays a position that we already have 2 young guys playing. He regressed badly in year 2, he was playing Dantoni ball in year 1. This is a major F up
          5 million in two years isn't bad for a hard worker who has good all-around basketball skills.
          Has the versatility, size, and strength to play the 3.
          Didn't regress, just wasn't in the game because Melo had the ball in his hands more often than with Dantoni's free offense.
          Dantoni ball sure can make you look like a superstar, but Fields didn't earn his reputation because he was a great offensive player.

This is a solid signing. A guy who can hold his own, and who you can rely on to get a basket, and guard your best player.

Comment

• i want to slam dunk Fields's gf, if you know what i mean haha

Comment

• Landry Fields is worth the money for his rebounding alone. Let me throw some truth at you: as a SHOOTING GUARD, he pulls in a greater percentage of the available rebounds than Bargs, our starting power forward. It's not the glamour stat, and people tend to dismiss the value of a good rebounder, but in a really fundamental sense, basketball is a game of possessions, and there are only three ways to get possession: let the other team score, get them to turn it over, or rebound a missed shot. If you ain't rebounding, you ain't winning. The fact that we're getting this kind of elite rebounding production from a guy who isn't totally incompetent in other areas (cough cough Reggie Evans cough cough) is enough to justify the contract, and then some.

Comment

• http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...DSREEL-2155438

and seems to not bother throwing down some dunks either, if he can shoot around 36.5 % from three and throw down some dunks while doing a few other things annd having his gf courtside, I think he's worth the contract
                Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

• The guy is a great all-around player, an upgrade to JJ. Consistent, and actually has a good jump-shot. Plus the fact he can score off the dribble.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                    The guy is a great all-around player, an upgrade to JJ. Consistent, and actually has a good jump-shot. Plus the fact he can score off the dribble.
                    I've heard some different opinions about his jumpshot.. but all of that aside, if he shoots the way he did in his rookie year, he'll prove to be a great pickup

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                      I've heard some different opinions about his jumpshot.. but all of that aside, if he shoots the way he did in his rookie year, he'll prove to be a great pickup
                      I was comparing that jump-shot ability to James Johnson's, who you rather have taking a three?

Comment

• He's got more experience and got a larger quantity of quality games. Than a certain teammate who got a significantly larger amount on an offer sheet.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I was comparing that jump-shot ability to James Johnson's, who you rather have taking a three?
                          No, you're right. I'm just saying its hard to say that he has a good jumpshot when he shot like 25% from 3 and under 60% from the line last season. Shawn Marion shot a better 3pt percentage lol, surprisingly. Let's just hope he returns to his rookie form when it comes to shooting

Comment

• This made me LOL ------>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u86Ze...eature=related

sorry I have no idea how to embed videos

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                              No, you're right. I'm just saying its hard to say that he has a good jumpshot when he shot like 25% from 3 and under 60% from the line last season. Shawn Marion shot a better 3pt percentage lol, surprisingly. Let's just hope he returns to his rookie form when it comes to shooting
                              Well, when you barely have the ball in your hands, you've got some rust :P Blame Carmelo Anthony on that one.

I would agree there are some weird ass numbers there...

FG% - 46% 3P% - 26% FT% - 56%

Good field goal percentage, the rest is below average... Whatever the shooting struggles, doesn't take away from the fact he's a good defender, rebounder, and team player. A really good gel player. I don't think we need a superstar/all-star small-forward if both Bargnani and Derozan really breakout next season. Landry Fields will do all the extra/dirty work, give you some buckets, and guard your best player. I like the signing, and unfortunately, the contract is higher than we would've hoped, but it's what happens with restricted free agents.

Comment

Well, when you barely have the ball in your hands, you've got some rust :P Blame Carmelo Anthony on that one.

I would agree there are some weird ass numbers there...

FG% - 46% 3P% - 26% FT% - 56%

Good field goal percentage, the rest is below average... Whatever the shooting struggles, doesn't take away from the fact he's a good defender, rebounder, and team player. A really good gel player. I don't think we need a superstar/all-star small-forward if both Bargnani and Derozan really breakout next season. Landry Fields will do all the extra/dirty work, give you some buckets, and guard your best player. I like the signing, and unfortunately, the contract is higher than we would've hoped, but it's what happens with restricted free agents.
                                Exactly. I love how Casey is basically telling BC who to go for; Lowry, Fields, Gray. Solid offseason so far

Comment

Working...
                                X