The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    justed watched the draftexpress video of Damien Inglis 6'9 SF 240lbs 7'3" wingspan just turned 19. Can guard 4 positions. Has a motor. Already shoots around 30% from 3 and is considered raw offensively.
    jesus he's listed at #40? if we get him with our early 2nd id be absolutely thrilled

i don't really understand what grant is supposed to have on him. explosiveness? inglis is younger with a better shot
    Last edited by stooley; Fri May 9, 2014, 06:22 PM.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• inglis is interesting only cause he is so young but he plays below the rim and he doesn't look 6'8. he also plays small which i dont like. if we can get him in the second round and work on his game i see potential.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
        inglis is interesting only cause he is so young but he plays below the rim and he doesn't look 6'8. he also plays small which i dont like. if we can get him in the second round and work on his game i see potential.
        You're right he's actually 6'9
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          Yeah that's my choice @20

He's also a solid passer but reckless like Nando De Colo
          Inglis could fall to 37 or whatever we have, we can get him then.
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            You're right he's actually 6'9
            And plays like he is 6'4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

inglis is interesting only cause he is so young but he plays below the rim and he doesn't look 6'8. he also plays small which i dont like. if we can get him in the second round and work on his game i see potential.
              Ingllis looks like an amazing prospect. Wtf are we gonna lose if we stash him as our 14 man that only comes in garbage time. But also has the potential to be a dirty player In a couple of years. I say take this guy he's only 19
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

And plays like he is 6'4

How exactly do you know he plays small?

There is barely any video of him

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                  Ingllis looks like an amazing prospect. Wtf are we gonna lose if we stash him as our 14 man that only comes in garbage time. But also has the potential to be a dirty player In a couple of years. I say take this guy he's only 19
                  He could take all of Novak and Field's minutes (barely any) and since Salmons will almost definitely be bought out maybe he could have like 5 minutes a game.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 6'9 as u say with 7'3 wing span and doesn't use it. Maybe it's just me . I like what little I see which is why I say get him in the second round

Comment

• they do mention that inglis isn't a great leaper. but generally, his physical attributes seem to be his strong point, and with half decent shot mechanics he can definitely get that to fall with some practice.

if he's up at our 2nd rounder, i really hope we take him

i think a bad week at the hoop summit is hurting his stock, but he's shooting the 3 just as well as batum was at that level.
                      "Bruno?
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

6'9 as u say with 7'3 wing span and doesn't use it. Maybe it's just me . I like what little I see which is why I say get him in the second round

I don't get what you're saying how can you say he doesn't use his length?
                        How exactly do you see someone utilize they're length and height correctly?

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                          He could take all of Novak and Field's minutes (barely any) and since Salmons will almost definitely be bought out maybe he could have like 5 minutes a game.
                          Yeah so 5 minutes with the potential to be a defensive stopper and if he learns how to shoot better, a 3 n D guy. And with a second round pick, this is the definition of low risk high reward players!
                          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• For backup C how about Amida Brimah?

7'0" - 217 pounds out of UCONN. 20 years old. Is a blocking and fouling machine. Rebounds offensively quite well and finishes around the rim at a decent clip. Not a great FT shooter. Runs amazingly well, very mobile laterally as well. Long arm with a good vertical.

Only been playing ball for 4 years

A bit of a project but that is fine considering he is going to be a bench C behind Val, who should be eating most of the minutes next season. Not sure if he going to declare, might be worth Masai giving him a call and asking nicely.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              For backup C how about Amida Brimah?

7'0" - 217 pounds out of UCONN. 20 years old. Is a blocking and fouling machine. Rebounds offensively quite well and finishes around the rim at a decent clip. Not a great FT shooter. Runs amazingly well, very mobile laterally as well. Long arm with a good vertical.

A bit of a project but that is fine considering he is going to be a bench C behind Val, who should be eating most of the minutes next season. Not sure if he going to declare, might be worth Masai giving him a call and asking nicely.[/video]
                              I read something about the deadline to declare having passed?
                              "Bruno?
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                                For backup C how about Amida Brimah?

A bit of a project but that is fine considering he is going to be a bench C behind Val, who should be eating most of the minutes next season. Not sure if he going to declare, might be worth Masai giving him a call and asking nicely.

I think he's way too raw to be drafted. Has he even declared? If he did he probably shouldn't have.

Comment

Working...
                                X