Bargnani/Derozan to Detroit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargnani/Derozan to Detroit?

Here is a trade proposal that I think works for both teams. I think losing Derozan is the only semi questionable part of it but I personally think in 2-3 years Ross will be better. I am not overly thrilled giving Demar 10 million a year after this season.

Bargnani 10.0 million 3 years
    Derozan 3.3 million 5 years (10 mil per after this year)
    Kleiza 4.6 million 2 years

for

Maggette 10.9 million 1 year
    Villanueva 8.1 million 2 years
    English .5 million 2 years

For Toronto it give us big cap space after this season. Calderon and Maggette both off the books saves 20.9 million after this year. The year after we would have Villanueva and Lowry off the books for 14.5 million. We could pick and choose what pg we want long term and possibly go after another big name free agent in the next 2 seasons. We still keep a bulk of young talent (Johnson, Davis, Fields, Valanciunas, Ross). This year it gives us a lineup of:

Valanciunas/Johnson
    Davis/Villanueva
    Fields/Maggette
    Anderson/Ross
    Calderon/Lowry

For Detroit it would give them a nice big rotation featuring Monroe, Drummond, Bargnani. Bargs would come off the cap before Drummond needs to be resigned so not a lot of risk in the contract. I don't believe Stuckey is Detroits long term answer at the 2 but Demar could be and would be a nice improvement in there starting 5. Demar would be the real selling point for Detroit and the reason they would make this deal. Kleiza is coming off the cap in 2 years and Detroit will not be a big player in this years free agency anyways. They could field:

Monroe/Drummond
    Bargnani/Maxiell
    Singler/Prince
    Derozan/Stuckey
    Knight/Bynum

I think its win win for both teams. We save cap space and Detroit adds a key piece for there long term plan in Derozan. With 2 big bangers at center in Monroe / Drummond actually Bargnani may be a very underrated piece for them too. The trade does work in NBA Trade Machine. WHat do you guys think?

This is a horrible, horrible trade for the Raptors.

I really don't get why some people value cap space so much when we all saw what happened to our cap space we had last summer.

Comment

Wait what?

Comment

I'd do it if Colangelo wasn't around. Don't trust him to make wise purchases.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
          This is a horrible, horrible trade for the Raptors.

I really don't get why some people value cap space so much when we all saw what happened to our cap space we had last summer.
          +1
          horrid

Comment

Cap space is the reason Detroit acquired Magette for Gordon. I think they have something planned. Even if the trade was possible, I don't think Toronto would give up Derozan so easily. When Demar was signed to the extension, the price seemed steep. Based on his play so far(this season), he has earned every cent of it. They probably would not mind sacrificing Demar if it means trading Bargnani. Not for the above mentioned players though.
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Working...
            X