Culture of Losing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PapiJulio wrote: View Post
    It's a lack of a leader that's causing the most frustration. I can only imagine what the locker room is like... Could probably hear a pin drop for the most part I would guess. I really noticed how much we SUCKED once Kyle Lowry was sidelined.

This is what I think is going on in the locker room...

Lowry- Probably in everybody's face saying WTF guys let's play some ball...hustle! I can't do everything... Help me!
    Calderon- handing out water to everyone saying "Good effort boys! You guys are all awesome!"
    Bargnani- Sitting in the corner staring at the floor... Hoping it will talk to him in Italian.
    Amare- Probably doing pushups or something
    Deroozen- Looking everywhere for Sonny Weens so they can goof off. (I am impressed with his effort this year)
    Klazia- Just sitting listening to tunes. Not thinking about the game at all.
    Davis- Sitting thinking how the f#*k he can make a ball fit through the hoop. Its gotta fit!?!
    Bullshit.

Kleiza was coordinating a special ops team to make a strike on Ed Malloy's Thanksgiving celebrations. When Malloy's turkey is frozen in the middle, Kleiza will be outside laughing like Al Harrington was on the lawn with him.

The rest was all likely though.

Comment

Kleiza is my boy I'd want at the bar with me. When u listen to him talk he sounds like a Hitman. He is probably our toughest guy next to Valenciunas. Compton... I mean DeRozen would put a fight up too. Or pull out his gat and pop a cap in ya.

Favorite clip of Kleiza by far!

Comment

Lowry will just give you a beat down philly style lol. Bargnani will feed you primo pasta till you die

Comment

I love Kleiza man. He's like the enforcer on this team and he can play too.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Brandon wrote: View Post
            That's exactly the issue, it has nothing to do with "culture" or anything else. The ownership has created this regime and they've conspired to put a pathetic product on the court.
            100%

If we still had triano or other idiots coaching us I would agree that you could make the argument. but casey understands culture, he won a championship, he's coached great players and he's not a loser.

If Bargnani shows up and plays the way he has for his entire career, he will be a useless defender and rebounder. if we keep putting jose on the court, we will allow dribble penetration ala jrue holiday's career game the other day. You put on DD, and he's not all of a sudden going to be able to become an elite playmaker.

They are simply not talented enough to compete consistently. It was the same with the hawks for the last several years. They had some good players, some talented guys, but you put them in a playoff series against elite teams, and they just weren't good enough because Joe Johnson doesn't play the whole game, and Josh smith isn't good enough offensively to dominate.

The point is...after a certain amount of time, you are what you are. culture has nothing to do with anything. If Boston or LA created a second or third team with the same ownership, and we sold all of our players to them, they still wouldn't win

Comment

A lineup of Bargnani, Amir, DeRozan, Ross and Calderon is fantastic. Aside from Ross, they already have good chemistry as a unit and the entire unit is pretty well balanced. The problem for the Raptors, is that on a playoff/contending caliber team, this would be a highly effective 2nd unit!

Lowry and Valanciunas (after a year or two of development) are the only surefire starters. This team needs a serious upgrade of talent at the PF & wing position; players who can consistently/efficiently score AND contribute on the defensive end.

In a starting lineup with Lowry, Valanciunas and upgraded PF & SF, I think Fields could actually be a legit starting SG too. If Fields could provide above average perimeter defense and consistently knock down open 3's, I think he could be a Tony Allen type player who brings balance to the starting lineup.

This team just needs to acquire all-star/near all-star quality starting PF & SF, let Valanciunas develop and hope Fields returns to his rookie form and improves from there... hey, at least our 2nd unit is set! Oh, and the only assets we have available to acquire those starting forwards are Davis, Kleiza and 4 2nd round picks... and we wonder why we're a perennial lottery team?!

Comment

i think we need an all star PF. Bring in J Smoove

Comment

We need a post player that you can throw the ball into and get points, especially late in games. Someone who's active around the basket that'll take pressure off JV to be a one man show down there and clean up the boards.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    We need a post player that you can throw the ball into and get points, especially late in games. Someone who's active around the basket that'll take pressure off JV to be a one man show down there and clean up the boards.
                    JV and Bosh would be a pretty lethal combination.

Comment

J smoove!!!

Comment

I said the post
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          No the talents there. But the refs are too busy choking on their whistles when the raptors have possession of the ball, Bargnani can't rebound or play defense, and casey is continuing to make weird substitutions
                          No the talent is not there. Talented enough to be NBA'ers? Yep. Talented enough to be a winning basketball team with the possibility of becoming an elite squad? No 'effing way.

The makeup of this team is flawed. We have no depth. Our trades and FA pickups have been dreadful. Draft picks have not worked out. DD is a plus offensive and minus defensive player. AB is a volume scorer and historically poor help defender. ED is a scrub. JV looks to have the ceiling of a solid to above-average NBA center. "yawn". Lowry is crazy talented and a hero-baller who hero'd his way out of his last gig. And that's basically the team.

Detroit, Charlotte, Minnesota, Dallas, Utah. We're losing to bottom-feeding teams because we are, in fact, a bottom-feeding team. The argument of being 'young' is now old. We are humbled by Nick Young, for Christ sake. We simply do not have enough talent and the end of the tunnel is very very far away.

Comment

Copywryter wrote: View Post
                            No the talent is not there. Talented enough to be NBA'ers? Yep. Talented enough to be a winning basketball team with the possibility of becoming an elite squad? No 'effing way.

The makeup of this team is flawed. We have no depth. Our trades and FA pickups have been dreadful. Draft picks have not worked out. DD is a plus offensive and minus defensive player. AB is a volume scorer and historically poor help defender. ED is a scrub. JV looks to have the ceiling of a solid to above-average NBA center. "yawn". Lowry is crazy talented and a hero-baller who hero'd his way out of his last gig. And that's basically the team.

Detroit, Charlotte, Minnesota, Dallas, Utah. We're losing to bottom-feeding teams because we are, in fact, a bottom-feeding team. The argument of being 'young' is now old. We are humbled by Nick Young, for Christ sake. We simply do not have enough talent and the end of the tunnel is very very far away.
                            I disagree on JV.

Not quite ready to go there on Lowry.

Agree with the rest especially the bold. That realization came through loud and clear when I watched the game this morning. It was a major blow to everything I held true and dear.

Comment

Copywryter wrote: View Post

Im questioning your ability to understand basketball plays and players.

Ed a scrub? No one on this forum has even brought up that idea. Ed is showing much more potential as he is waking up in his 3rd year. He was our top rebounder last season in less than 25 minutes.

JV, compared to every center in the league, is already top-10. Listen, JV has more potential than Hibbert ever has/did. Hibbert made the all-star team last season, and I see JV making it in the future. At 20, JV has star potential.

Demar has improved his defensive intensity so much this season, and has become a more efficient and diverse scorer. At 23, look for him to only get better.

Lowry plays hero ball yes, but he is GOOD AT IT. Everyone complaing about not having 'that' guy who can take the game over on his own. Lowry is 'that' guy, though just like a good shooter only hits his buckets half the time, he will sometimes come out on the raw end of things. I dont mind him risking step up threes, cause he has shown he can make them with impunity. His defense is superb, though just like all steal leaders, sometimes he gets burned on the risk.
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Also if you want to see a humbling by Nick Young:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FMAN...eature=related

I miss Reggie Evans.
                                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X