Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    Too early to tell on how good Darko really is but if he keeps playing like that (or even somewhat worse) then I'd trade Bargs for him in a heartbeat. Bargs brings nothing to the table other than scoring, whereas Darko can do a number of things.
    In a heartbeat?! Dude.. common. Bargnani has been top 25 in blocked shots for a couple of years now, and has shown nothing but up side through out his career. He is a SOLID low post defender. Just because he doesn't rebound, doesn't mean he doesn't play defense.
    Darko has been nothing but a loser his whole career. He's been given chances everywhere he's gone. He starts off playing pretty well, then he gets lazy.
    I respect your opinion, but seriously, sometimes peoples opinions don't make any sense...

Comment

• I wouldn't trade Bargnani for Darko unless Darko can show that he can keep his head on straight for the rest of this season.

Remember Darko is not playing for a contract as he just signed a new one.

That has been what has impressed me the most.

Darko is playing hard and keeping his head in the games and he doesn't have to do it for a contract. For a guy whose whole career has been spent with his head where the sun doesn't shine is impressive.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Where da hoes at?
        We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• Bargnani is fluent in English. Sure he has an accent, and he always will. But dude can understand anything that is thrown at him. It is cultural references that he will have no idea about.

Communication is not just about language. Trash talking is getting in people's head and masters like KG can make himself understood to anyone regardless of language.

An interesting fact about language learning and accents is that after puberty, usually 13 or so, you will always have an accent (if you learn the second language after this age.) Neat, eh?
          Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• Back in the late 90s I played a few pickup games in the US and as it always happens there were some guys who trash talked all the time; my english was decent but not great and even if I couldn't understand every idiomatic phrase I did get upset just by the tone. Worked the other way around too, italian is a good language to trash talk and we are pretty good at making weird faces. Bottom line is: sometimes language barrier doesn't matter, it's attitude (and dedication) that counts

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              In a heartbeat?! Dude.. common. Bargnani has been top 25 in blocked shots for a couple of years now, and has shown nothing but up side through out his career. He is a SOLID low post defender. Just because he doesn't rebound, doesn't mean he doesn't play defense.
              Darko has been nothing but a loser his whole career. He's been given chances everywhere he's gone. He starts off playing pretty well, then he gets lazy.
              I respect your opinion, but seriously, sometimes peoples opinions don't make any sense...

What doesn't make sense is? He's been pampered his whole NBA career. He's been given the starting job on a silver platter without doing anything whatsoever to earn it. His post-game is average. His defense is non-existent. Don't even try telling me he's "SOLID" cause you gotta be out of your mind to believe that. Did you see how many bullet passes right under the basket the Celtics made Friday night? Not to mention the alley-oops.

Darko, meanwhile, has seemed to completely change his attitude this year. The whole league has given up on him last year and he's been given his final lifeline with the T-Wolves. Even he realized that, if you've followed his news this past summer. I never liked the guy because I thought of him as a complete douchebag (probably still is) but what matters is what happens on court and so far this season he's head and shoulders above Bargnani.

It basically comes down to this:
              On one had you have an offensive, 1-dimensional Centre; and on the other you have a well-rounded centre who can do a little bit of everything. It's a no-brainer.

Comment

• Darko is a frontrunner for MIP

Comment

• f91ultra wrote: View Post
                  Would you trade Bargnani for Darko and rubio?
                  I would trade Bargs for Rubio straight up.

Comment

• Rubio is refusing to play for the 'Wolves and he's totally full of himself. Why do you guys expect that to change if he comes to the Raptors?

Comment

• Prime wrote: View Post
                      I would trade Bargs for Rubio straight up.
                      That's an interesting off-shoot to this thread. How about trading Bargs & Jose for Rubio & Darko + filler? Your Euros for our Euros. Minny gets 2 rotation guys that can play right now. We get two enigmas with potential. Would ya?

Despite anything else, Darko is a good defensive center. When he's gotten decent minutes, he always has a better defensive rating than the team DRtg, by a substantial amount. Rubio scares me a bit. Not convinced that his game will translate to the NBA. Look at Kleiza.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                        Why are you guys leaving out blocks? That is Milicics specialty.
                        Good point. Unlike Bargs, Darko IS a defensive presence in the lane that deters players from driving. And surprisingly, I haven't heard anybody this year raving about how Bargs defense is so great because "..he blocked Tim Duncan 4 times in a game". **rolls eyes**

Because, just in case nobody noticed, Andrea's blocks are WAY down this year, despite the fact that teams are taking it right at him.

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                          It basically comes down to this:
                          On one had you have an offensive, 1-dimensional Centre; and on the other you have a well-rounded centre who can do a little bit of everything. It's a no-brainer.
                          And by 'A little bit of everything' you mean a very little bit. The dude is averaging about one rebound more then Bargs... about 14 points less the Bargs, and sure he gives an extra block or two, but what will win more games, one block or 14 points? Common man. I'll Darko some credit, as I've always liked his game, but no way can you say these guys are on the same level, or that they have the same Potential Ceiling. He's AVERAGING 6 boards and 9 points and he's been in the league a while longer then Bargs... common. This is ridiculous. He's good, sure, but not what Bargnani IS and WILL BE. Fin.

Comment

• What Bargs "will be"? I think the last 3 years are a pretty good indication of what Bargs "will be".

The reason Darko was picked second wasn't because of a low ceiling. The kids got game. The problem was his attitude, and never truly given the chance to hone his skills, unlike Bargs who's been given EVERYTHING. Also, Darko is averaging more assists, less T/O's, and significantly more blocks. Their points for the last 2 weeks are pretty similar, and the guy knows how to rebound the ball. Overall he's more consistent in more categories than Bargs could ever be. He obviously had a weak start to the season (which is why his season numbers are so low) but as he gets more and more accustomed to the playing time, system, and team mates he'll just get better and better.

You'll see by the end of the season.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                              No... Still has like 3 years left on his contract.

His contract is very good.
                              That contract is intriguing. I'm happy to see him doing well and I hope he keeps it up. This is his chance to make up for the years of mediocrity.

Comment

• Bargnani Played Like He Had Just Taken Nodoz - It Is Time To Start Davis Instead?

In the first half you couldn't tell if his eyes were open or closed. He looked like he was sleep walking.

Is it time to start Davis rather than Bargnani?

This way he can catch up on his sleep on bench during the beginning of the game.
                                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                                X