No announcement yet.

ESPN Insider: Small trades, big impact - Jose Calderon for Devin Harris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree 100%. Jose has been a tru professional & always gave 100%. Whats more, he is one of the few players that puts the team first.
    We pine for Steve Nash. While Steve Nash is by far the best Canadian player ever, his glory days are gone. Still more than decent PG. Now compare his style of play, stats last 1-2 years with Jose. I see a lot of similarity (no, fact that both are white, 6:3' is not it).
    So, my friends, enjoyee Jose as much as he enjoyes being in To. Forget what he cannot do -play D like CP3. Focus on what he can do, run a team & do whatever it takes for it to be better.

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
      I agree 100%. Jose has been a tru professional & always gave 100%. Whats more, he is one of the few players that puts the team first.
      We pine for Steve Nash. While Steve Nash is by far the best Canadian player ever, his glory days are gone. Still more than decent PG. Now compare his style of play, stats last 1-2 years with Jose. I see a lot of similarity (no, fact that both are white, 6:3' is not it).
      So, my friends, enjoyee Jose as much as he enjoyes being in To. Forget what he cannot do -play D like CP3. Focus on what he can do, run a team & do whatever it takes for it to be better.
      Incredible he is still able to make the all-star game while being led to the glue factory.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        i want jose either traded for very good prospects or to free up space for nash this summer. is it wrong to assume that nash is better then jose?

i think that jose isn't part of the "core" so is therefor expendable to improve it. i have also stated that trading jose for the sake of change isn't a good idea because he will be great in the pick and roll.

hypothetically if he were to play here next year we would either trade him at the deadline as a 10 million expiring or hold him into the summer. if he were to complete the year and play as good as this year at 31 he might get another 4 or 5 year UFA offer near his current salary. that is something we cant afford.

it isn't that we think jose is the root of problems, i think he deserves a chance to play for something. it wont be here for the next couple years.
        typical clown who actually believes nash wants to suit up for the raptors ***
        "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

i never gave him that contract either
          so bash the guy who did
          "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
            it makes me laugh when I hear guys say we should trade jose for this pg. some people in raptor nation just like the flashier, bigger name guy who they assume is better than jose
            I think Raps fans like the idea of getting a pick back, not Devin Harris. To be clear: I don't want to trade Jose at all, but this is a much better deal than getting nothing but a late 1st rounder from the Lakers.
            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

so bash the guy who did
              right call at the right time. things change and so do franchises. what was good 5 years ago is not so good for us now.

Comment

typical clown who actually believes nash wants to suit up for the raptors ***
                typical off handed remark for nothing to say.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                  I think Raps fans like the idea of getting a pick back, not Devin Harris. To be clear: I don't want to trade Jose at all, but this is a much better deal than getting nothing but a late 1st rounder from the Lakers.
                  i am all for harris if we also get one of utahs' picks. harris is just another near 10 million expiring contract next year giving us a bunch of options after we see how the teams' makeup looks next year. either moving him at the deadline or letting him walk for more cash.

grabbing a contract and a pick would be a great deal for jose in my opinion. who cares what happens this year and next year harris can just as easily come off the bench like borbosa.

i also think that a good trade for jose means we probably wont be using our amnesty at all.

Comment

i want jose either traded for very good prospects or to free up space for nash this summer. is it wrong to assume that nash is better then jose?

i think that jose isn't part of the "core" so is therefor expendable to improve it. i have also stated that trading jose for the sake of change isn't a good idea because he will be great in the pick and roll.

hypothetically if he were to play here next year we would either trade him at the deadline as a 10 million expiring or hold him into the summer. if he were to complete the year and play as good as this year at 31 he might get another 4 or 5 year UFA offer near his current salary. that is something we cant afford.

it isn't that we think jose is the root of problems, i think he deserves a chance to play for something. it wont be here for the next couple years.
                    How old was Nash when he started to take over the league...30.. If he did it why can`t we assume the Jose could too. Isn`t he kinda starting that trend before our eyes...we don`t want to admit that what Jose is doing is legit or that he could be a late bloomer. Do not trade Jose for Nash. Not at this stage of Nash`s career.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                      How soon people forget Calderon asking to be traded to a contender.
                      There's nothing to forget - never happened. Show the link to where Jose asks to be traded.
                      The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Raptorboy wrote: View Post
                        How old was Nash when he started to take over the league...30.. If he did it why can`t we assume the Jose could too. Isn`t he kinda starting that trend before our eyes...we don`t want to admit that what Jose is doing is legit or that he could be a late bloomer. Do not trade Jose for Nash. Not at this stage of Nash`s career.
                        http://www.basketball-reference.com/...caldejo01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../nashst01.html

if you start when they were both 24 nash has always been the better player.

i didn't say trade jose for nash i said trade jose if you are sure you can get nash or a really good pg prospect. i really don't think that jose has many superb years left. this year could be the year everything just happens to go right for him and we need to accept that. if he just keeps this up then all the better to him but his past history shows a player who goes through peaks and valleys. no reason that would all of a sudden change because he is older now.

nash has an amazing workout schedule to cope with his bad back. and takes summers off. jose plays high intensity basketball all year long.

remember 5 years ago how excited and happy we were that jose was looking like one of the best pgs in the league? that time has come back and we need to watch out because right after this time comes the calf injury and the down time and then the "why didn't we amnesty him" time.
                        Last edited by Miekenstien; Wed Feb 29, 2012, 08:34 AM.

Comment

If we could pull off a trade like this I would be thrilled. I've always been a fan of Devin Harris despite his struggles since joining the Jazz. Getting an additional unprotected pick from the Jazz would be icing on the cake. Going into a contract year next year i'm sure Devin will have lots to prove. He still has loads of talent and I think a change of scenery would suit him just fine. Sign me up!

Comment

If the pick is one of Utah's lottery picks I'd do it in a heartbeat. Too bad salary rules would have to apply.. I'd honestly take a bag of hotdogs if it means we don't have to pay Devin Harris for two more years.
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                              How soon people forget Calderon asking to be traded to a contender.
                              He did?

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                                He did?
                                I've yet to see that quote ... apparently sometimes people lie on the internet ... gasp
                                The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Working...
                                X