Bold Prediction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    That would be an interesting starting lineup with just 1 player (Lowry) capable of hitting anything consistent outside 18 feet.
    Agreed, they would need more outside threats if they want to trade for J.Smoove. I can't see a team being successful with little to no outside shooters.. Ross, JL3 and Lowry wouldn't cut it IMO

Comment

i have and always will stand by "bargs is our best chance of 2 points" everytime he has the ball. unless he really doesn't fit in there is no way he is getting traded. 7 footers are getting massive money right now. he would be sent to the bench and unleashed on reserves before he was traded.

Comment

D is a possibility.

But on O that starting lineup had 4 guys who could shoot the 3: Billups, Hamilton, Prince, and R. Wallace.

That was my only point: DD, SMith, ED, and JV can't shoot outside 18 feet consistently..... or at all.
        If you're gonna call Rip Hamilton a 3 point threat, then DeMar is too. Rip shot 26% from 3 in their championship season, and made 18 all year. DeMar shot 26% last season, and made 24. Given the shortened season, that's twice as many per game. Sheed was a a little better, but not much: 31% and 22 threes made on the season.

Comment

tkfu wrote: View Post
          If you're gonna call Rip Hamilton a 3 point threat, then DeMar is too. Rip shot 26% from 3 in their championship season, and made 18 all year. DeMar shot 26% last season, and made 24. Given the shortened season, that's twice as many per game. Sheed was a a little better, but not much: 31% and 22 threes made on the season.
          I don't think percentages are such a concern from a players prospective. I think it's whether a guy is capable of hitting from the outside over the efficiency. Rip was 'capable' of hitting outside shots, Sheed was 'capable' of hitting outside shots.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Yes. Lets look at a group who played together for the better part of 6 seasons and only look at one season. That makes perfect sense. But even if we roll in the cherry picked season, there are still 4 guys in the starting lineup who hit over 30% of the 3 pointers attempted. In this hypothetical Raptor lineup, how many guys are going to hit over 30% of their threes? One? Yes, that is what I was saying originally.

Comment

I recall Bargs has never performed fantastically in pre-season, even before his historic 13-game stint I remember him being fairly ordinary during the pre-season. It'll take real games for him to show up, hopefully. No way he goes before Calderon or even one of Ed/Amir.

You don't just replace a 20ppg big especially when you've brought a rim-protector rookie to help hide his deficiencies on defence and the boards.
              Last edited by playmak3r5; Tue Oct 9, 2012, 10:14 PM.

Comment

playmak3r5 wrote: View Post
                I recall Bargs has never performed fantastically in pre-season, even before his historic 13-game stint I remember him being fairly ordinary during the pre-season. It'll take real games for him to show up, hopefully. No way he goes before Calderon or even one of Ed/Amir.

You don't just replace a 20ppg big especially when you've brought a rim-protector rookie to help hide his deficiencies on defence and the boards.
                +1
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I see DeMar being shipped out before Andrea. The only chance Andrea gets traded is if Ed Davis magically breaks out this season or the next. I don't see it happening.
                  “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

playmak3r5 wrote: View Post
                    Ieven before his historic 13-game stint
                    Bwahahahahaha, love it. Forget about 5 years and 2 no shows in the playoffs, those 13 games were gold, I'm tellin ya, GOLD!
                    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Fuchan wrote: View Post
                      Damn staight, that would be a dream scenario

Lowry, DeRozan, Smith, ED, and Val. That would be awesome.

When I pretend to be an armchair GM, I want to take it slow and steady, but whenever JS is involved, I always throw that out the window. Being a GM and resisting quick fixes must be hard
                      If we could get J. Smith for Andrea I would be all for it, but I think Josh would be best served at power forward so in your line up maybe replace Ed with Smith and place T. Ross at SG and move either DD or Fields into the SF spot.

Lowry
                      T. Ross
                      DD
                      J. Smith
                      JV

That would be a ridiculously athletic line up.

Comment

Two words: Rudy Gay.

Lowry
                        DeRozan
                        Gay
                        Amir
                        Valanciunas

Comment

That was my only point: DD, SMith, ED, and JV can't shoot outside 18 feet consistently..... or at all.
                          We start the pre-season in complete agreement, Matt!

Outside shooting would be a major problem for this group. I also have strong doubts whether ED and JV are currently strong enough to post up on a regular basis.

It would not be a pretty offense.

Comment

Mago gets a double double on opening night!

On his way to the ACC via the Tim Horton's drive-through.

Comment

Yes. Lets look at a group who played together for the better part of 6 seasons and only look at one season. That makes perfect sense. But even if we roll in the cherry picked season, there are still 4 guys in the starting lineup who hit over 30% of the 3 pointers attempted. In this hypothetical Raptor lineup, how many guys are going to hit over 30% of their threes? One? Yes, that is what I was saying originally.
                              It wasn't cherry picked; we were talking about the championship Pistons, so we'd better talk about their championship season. And you need to learn to count, my friend: Prince, Billups, and (just barely) Sheed makes three out of the starting lineup that are over 30%. And for the hypothetical raps lineup, you'd have Lowry, Ross (hopefully), and Josh Smith (just barely) all capable of shooting above 30%.

Comment

It wasn't cherry picked; we were talking about the championship Pistons, so we'd better talk about their championship season. And you need to learn to count, my friend: Prince, Billups, and (just barely) Sheed makes three out of the starting lineup that are over 30%. And for the hypothetical raps lineup, you'd have Lowry, Ross (hopefully), and Josh Smith (just barely) all capable of shooting above 30%.
                                lol, JSmoove a 3 pt shooter? Aside from seeing coaches pulling their hair out (if you've watched any amount of Hawks games) when he gets into chucking mode, to put him in a category with any of those Pistons, including your omitted R. Hamilton, is funny.
                                Sheed....: lifetime .337 reg season, on 3159 attempts,,,,, playoffs .352 on 540 attempts
                                Hamilton.: lifetime .348 reg season, on 1478 attempts,,,,, playoffs .337 on 202 attempts
                                Billups....: lifetime .389 reg season, on 4587 attempts,,,,, playoffs .367 on 712 attempts
                                Prince....: lifetime .367 reg season, on 1297 attempts,,,,, playoffs .350 on 277 attempts
                                JSmoove: lifetime .278 reg season, on 741 attempts,,,,, playoffs .149 on 67 attempts

C'mon man, JSmoove should not be in a conversation about 3 pt shooters.

Comment

Working...
                                X