No announcement yet.

Michael Grange: Raptors Trying To Trade Jose Calderon For Roy Hibbert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if this is true it would seem to me that BC's MO is to find a team thats owned & run by a fomer NBA star & seee if they can be FLEECED! LOL i mean come on how much could they know about being a GM when they spend there life being a player right! i think we may be able to do a little better then hibbert but unfortunatly in a calderon trade we could also do alot worse realisticly. if we could some how get granger involved in the deal it wouldnt be so bad either. it still frustrates the hell out of me that Babcock drafted Joey Graham instead of Granger!!! but then again drafting Bargnani over Brandon Roy looks alot worse at this point LOL
    Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Wed Jul 14, 2010, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Dondadda are you stupid. Bargni averaged 17 points a game and brandon roy average 22 points a game. bargni is two years younger then Roy. Joe Graham averaged 7 points a game and Granger averaged 24 points a game. So how the F_ck do you even compare the two . I'm tired of stupid statements from raptors fans and your statement is as stupid as it gets.

Comment

unfortunatly Frank ur the one that sounds stupid! Babcock should have drafted Granger instead of Graham! both are SF & Granger is far better!!! BC Drafted Barg's #1 overall. at the time we already had an allstar PF. & lacked a Star SG since VC checked out!! bad move again!!!!! the effect that the two players would have had at the given time is greatly more lopsided then the numbers show aswell.granger had issues when drafted thats why some teams passed but has turned it around. Roy is far better then Barg's will ever be!!! having a Allstar SG like Roy next to Bosh Instead of Barg's "Priceless"thats my point Thank You for ur Useless Input!!
        Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Wed Jul 14, 2010, 03:25 PM.

Comment

woah guys calm down =|

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            I would love to see the Raps somehow acquire Granger/Hibbert for Calderon & ???, which I think would be an even better trade than the Diaw/Chandler trade that fell through.

With Dunleavy & George, it does potentially make Granger expendable, but obviously Calderon wouldn't be enough in return. I wonder if a Calderon/Evans/Miami's 1st round pick for Granger/Hibbert/Ford would be enough? Indiana would get rid of Ford's contract, get a 1st round pick and save almost $24M over the next 4 seasons, on top of getting the PG they apparently covet to run the offense for their young team. Toronto would get a great SF, a backup C and would either buy-out Ford or use his expiring contract in another trade (I am assuming).

As an FYI, comparing the salaries of Calderon & Granger, Granger is signed for 1 more year and will cost approx. $20.7M more over the next 4 seasons, according to figures on Hoopsworld.

Potential Lineup
            C: Bargnani / Hibbert / Alabi
            PF: Johnson / Davis / Dorsey
            SF: Granger / Kleiza
            SG: DeRozan / Weems / Belinelli
            PG: Jack / Barbosa / Banks
            wouldnt even dignify this with a comment.

Comment

Tinsley's contract could be included... Followed by a buyout? Even with his contract included there would still need to be another player involved. Jeff Foster and Roy Hibbert together would work... Or they could use part of the TPE.

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
              Maybe BC and Triano are coming to the conclusion that Ed Davis is a lot more of a project then they were led to believe when they drafted him. Personally I think they got sold a bill of goods on him. From what I have seen of him so far in the LVSL he has a long way to go before he can be a positive Net contributor in the floor come November. Of course he still has three more games in the LVSL and October to show that has enough game to warrant serious rotation minutes come November.
              Or maybe this has to do with the fact that the Raptors are in need of a traditional backup center and Ed Davis is a PF who is still filing out?
              Last edited by Apollo; Wed Jul 14, 2010, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Dondadda, I'm just frustrated with the stupid comments. Yours isn't as stupid as the NO guy who keeps recommending the Collison trade. Roy averaged 21.5 and Bargni 17.0 points plus bargni is a year and half younger and big guys mature later. Graham averaged 7 points a game and granger averaged 24 points a game. Your numbers don't work and give me some stats to back up your arguement.

Comment

So is it Hibbert and Dunleavy for Jose? That would be a great deal for us if that's the case.
                  "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Tinsley's contract could be included... Followed by a buyout? Even with his contract included there would still need to be another player involved. Jeff Foster and Roy Hibbert together would work... Or they could use part of the TPE.
                    I think Tinsley was already bought out last year, he played for Memphis....

I dont think theyd throw in both big men to get a PG, i think Dunleavy/Hibbert for Calderon/Evans plus a little TPE would work.

Not sure why everbody is down on HIbbert, he averaged almost 2blks last season, he was a slightly below average rebounder but it was mostly because Murphy clogged the paint playing at PF, plus hibbert shared minutes with Foster.

I think a Hibbert/Bargs/Kleiza front court would be good enough.

Comment

Frankthetank wrote: View Post
                      Dondadda, I'm just frustrated with the stupid comments. Yours isn't as stupid as the NO guy who keeps recommending the Collison trade. Roy averaged 21.5 and Bargni 17.0 points plus bargni is a year and half younger and big guys mature later. Graham averaged 7 points a game and granger averaged 24 points a game. Your numbers don't work and give me some stats to back up your arguement.
                      Yeah, who's that guy who kep insisting on Collison? He's worst than Buddha's man-love for Amir

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                        I think Tinsley was already bought out last year, he played for Memphis....
                        Alright, but he's still on the books for $5.5M.

Comment

Frankthetank wrote: View Post
                          think for a minute. sometime numbers arnt everything. Granger had a break out year. he is a better player then graham i agree 100% but it took him a long time to get there so the direct impact wasnt as great. now although there isnt as huge of a differance in point totals between Roy & Barg's last year as graham & granger doesnt mean the granger one is worse. even in Roys first year in the league if he was teamed with Bosh the Raptors would have & still be Imensely better then it has been with Bosh & barg's.& that was a collosal mistake in my view.for now & the future. who knows with Roy & Bosh together we win a few playoff games & Bosh doesnt leave... instead James signs in toronto & were all singing & dancing in the streets come june 2011. i know its far fetched but stranger things have happened. who would have thought James would leave cleveland in the first place.
                          Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Wed Jul 14, 2010, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            I believe Tinsley's contract was already bought out, so it can't be included. And I don't think Indiana would part with both Foster and Hibbert, which would leave them with no centers on the roster.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

If there is a cap hold, which there is, then it can be traded. Pretty sure.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                                think for a minute. ... .

DoNDaDDa, when the draft took place few years back, nobody knew how good would Graham or Granger be. Granger was passed by many teams because there Granger had an injury and Raptors weren't willing to take risk on. To came out years after draft and point the obvious is pointless. Kobe was drafted late, Darko was drafted ahead of Wade/Carmelo/Bosh and so on. Now regarding Andrea vs Roy, is a different story. Of course Raptors could go for Roy but they choose to go with a 7 feet long center who showed the promises to be Dirk 2.0 and a possible mismatch nightmare for the opposite team. The jury is still out, as a Center takes longer to develop then a SG/SF. Let's see how Andrea will perform this year, before calling him a bust.

Comment

Working...
                                X