Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Draft Day Everyone! Big changes coming? What do you want to see happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MangoKid wrote: View Post
    It's good that he's coachable and shows a willingness to work hard in the hopes that he improves, but I get this feeling that Ross could be better than him, even by next season. I just can't envision DeRozan being much better than what he is now. And he's certainly not worth 10 million a season.
    Bingo. While it may take a bit longer for Ross to surpass him, DeRozan isn't going to become a deep threat any time soon. I like him, and think he could play beside Ross is DD worked on his defence, but that would mean we trade Gay, which always gets people up in arms about "tanks" and "video games".
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I'm really curious as to how Ujiri rates Rudy Gay, and whether he feels he's a player that can help this team win now, and in the future. I think that determines the amount of change the roster will undergo.

We all know Kleiza and Bargnani, are on the outs and a college kid coming in. I'd classify those as tweaks more than anything, a big trade would be one of our core guys (Lowry, DeRozan, Gay) being moved. I'd say Valanciunas and Johnson are basically untouchable, barring something very unforeseen.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
        I'm really curious as to how Ujiri rates Rudy Gay, and whether he feels he's a player that can help this team win now, and in the future. I think that determines the amount of change the roster will undergo.

We all know Kleiza and Bargnani, are on the outs and a college kid coming in. I'd classify those as tweaks more than anything, a big trade would be one of our core guys (Lowry, DeRozan, Gay) being moved. I'd say Valanciunas and Johnson are basically untouchable, barring something very unforeseen.
        I think Ujiri is pretty high on him. I remember reading recently that Ujiri had dinner with Gay. That's not something you go out of your way to do with a guy you want gone. I'm not suggesting he's untouchable, but I don't think he gets moved unless it's in a deal Toronto very obviously wins.

Comment

Derozan has a very valuable midrange game, gets to the FT line and hits them, and rebounds pretty consistently. He is only 23, and has more potential to uncover. His work ethic is very important, it is contagious. I always say, be a leader through actions not through words.

I say we have yet to see his ceiling. 18 pts on 45% FG is very solid, and his assists are climbing from one year to the other.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            I think Ujiri is pretty high on him. I remember reading recently that Ujiri had dinner with Gay. That's not something you go out of your way to do with a guy you want gone. I'm not suggesting he's untouchable, but I don't think he gets moved unless it's in a deal Toronto very obviously wins.
            In terms of skillset, I think Gay can be a significant part of this team for years to come. But his contract is another story altogether....

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              That's precisely what I'm saying.

Poor-shooting, bad-defending, overpaid shooting guards, do not meet my definition of substance.
              lmao.

top 20 in the league in FGM, top 10 in FTM, 11th in total points, top 20 in PPG.
              9th in PPG amongst guards, 11th in FGM, 8th in FTM.

clearly he is shit and we should amnesty him immediately.

Comment

In terms of skillset, I think Gay can be a significant part of this team for years to come. But his contract is another story altogether....
                Very true, but that also could significantly impact his trade value. Plus, if the Raptors are able to shed salary by other means (ie: Bargnani trade, Kleiza amnesty, other moves), suddenly Gay's salary might not seem so limiting. To think longer-term, it could make more sense to keep Gay until he's a massive expiring contract, which would [theoretically] up his trade value even beyond his value as a player. It's very hard to view any one player/contract in vaccuum, since there are so many moving parts on the roster (I think Valanciunas is the only constant).

Comment

I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about Ujiri if all this is smoke and no fire tonight. Is all this just more BC tactics where he sells us a non-existant product? Fak me, I'm getting juiced for tonight!

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                    I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about Ujiri if all this is smoke and no fire tonight. Is all this just more BC tactics where he sells us a non-existant product? Fak me, I'm getting juiced for tonight!
                    Well in fairness to Ujiri, have we heard anything from him about definite moves tonight? He might, but it could just be Grange looking for some new followers.

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                      lmao.

top 20 in the league in FGM, top 10 in FTM, 11th in total points, top 20 in PPG.

You're stats all prove he can score in volume; none of them show efficiency, none of them show he can defend, none of them show he can create space or others, none of them show that he can take his man off the dribble. It takes a lot more than what you've listed to be a good player in the NBA. Shabazz Muhammad will likely be able to do all of those things, but that doesn't mean he is worth $10 mill per.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

The only thing constant about Ujiri so far is that there are no leaks about his intentions. He doesnt even seem to float the trial balloons.

Comment

lmao.

Every single one of the stats you referenced are influenced by DeRozan's high usage rate.
                          Last edited by Nilanka; Thu Jun 27, 2013, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                            It takes two to tango.... Ujiri might want to deal badly but if all the deals are terrible then he can't do much. Despite the BC/Toronto media spin, this team does not have great assets to trade.

I think the caveat here is "at the price he demands". Rudy Gay at $10,000,000 might be worthwhile but is Rudy Gay at nearly double that good value? The obvious answer is no. I think Gay's contract is going to drive that bus more than Gay's skills. Unfortunate fact of life in the NBA. Salaries matter almost as much as talent.

Comment

lmao.

Also, all 7 of your "stats/ranks" are basically the same 3 things. FGM, PPG, FTM - all volume stats

Comment

Every single one of the stats you referenced are influenced by DeRozan's high usage rate.
                                Should swing by and read Craiger's great breakdown of the teams Usage Rate's and Efficeincy's.
                                Even Craiger (a steadfast critic of Derozan as I recall) is surprised by the numbers he found.

I really don't think Demar is our problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X