Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargniani "we are the worst team in the NBA "

http://www.thescore.com/home/article...eam-in-the-nba

"Nothing has worked from the beginning of the season. We are pretty much the worst team in the NBA. This summer's moves in the market were made to build a winning team, but we are not winning.

"We are below all of the expectations. No one is used to playing with anyone. We have won four games: it's a tragic thing. Whatever way you look at it, it is a desperate situation. Since four years ago, we have kept losing. To improve, the only thing we can do is to win, and for now, we have not."
    I guess he can actually express some emotion, even tho its probably detrimental to the team but whatever he has an opinion.

A big part of the reason for the Raptors being a bottom feeder falls squarely on his shoulders.

#tradeBargnani

Comment

The nice thing about Hockey, is that you can strip your franchise guys of the "C" on their jersey. Doesn't cost you anything, and it sends a clear message to fans and the player in question.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        A big part of the reason for the Raptors being a bottom feeder falls squarely on his shoulders.

#tradeBargnani
        I dont know if it's all him, he's not the guy and never will be to have put all our chips on his shoulders is probably BC's and Casey's fault they should have known that, its their JOB. Ive always thought he would be an excellent 6th man, if you look back in his second season i think was his best year. He would come off the bench and shoot 3's and drive against the other teams much weaker bigs. He's being used wrong IMO yes he has been inconsistent but i believe he cant handle that role of being the MAN and its been proven for the last two years.

Comment

As DeRozan would say definitely get rid of this #Clown

Comment

Top5Pick wrote: View Post
            I dont know if it's all him, he's not the guy and never will be to have put all our chips on his shoulders is probably BC's and Casey's fault they should have known that, its their JOB. Ive always thought he would be an excellent 6th man, if you look back in his second season i think was his best year. He would come off the bench and shoot 3's and drive against the other teams much weaker bigs. He's being used wrong IMO yes he has been inconsistent but i believe he cant handle that role of being the MAN and its been proven for the last two years.
            The self proclaimed best player on the team has too big of an ego to come off the bench, plus he wouldnt add ANYTHING more than scoring, I want my bench players to add a spark and Bargnani isnt anything more than a chucker/black-hole

Comment

http://www.thescore.com/home/article...eam-in-the-nba

I guess he can actually express some emotion, even tho its probably detrimental to the team but whatever he has an opinion.
              "We have been losing for four years." That's why he said we are the worst team in the NBA; it hasn't lead to anything. I don't know why it would be detrimental to the team as he's stating a simple fact. Even if we don't have the worst record over those four years (didn't bother to check it) some of the other teams that didn't win a lot during this period are going up instead of down.

Never mind how much he sucks, it's not his fault that after years of losing we're at the bottom of the league. Even if one would use one of those stats by pseudo-economists and their first year students he can only be credited with a relatively small amount of all losses.

Comment

It is not Casey's or BC's fault he refuses to help defend, rebound, play any sort of consistent defense, pass the ball, or take poor/weak/ill-advised/straight legged shots/numerous shots.

I defended the guy for years. The defense was merited because he finally showed what he could be. The issue I failed to recognize was he wasn't interested in being great.

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
                  The self proclaimed best player on the team has too big of an ego to come off the bench, plus he wouldnt add ANYTHING more than scoring, I want my bench players to add a spark and Bargnani isnt anything more than a chucker/black-hole
                  It's not his decision to start or come off the bench, is it? And he might call himself the best player on the team, but have Colangelo and Casey ever said anything to the contrary? It has always sounded like they told him he's the man. It's logical he gets a lot of blame for his play, but the exagerations about his character, geez.

Comment

It is not Casey's or BC's fault he refuses to help defend, rebound, play any sort of consistent defense, pass the ball, or take poor/weak/ill-advised/straight legged shots/numerous shots.

I defended the guy for years. The defense was merited because he finally showed what he could be. The issue I failed to recognize was he wasn't interested in being great.

It is their fault Matt if he isnt performing its their job to do something about it whether its bringng him off the bench or benching the meatball, whatever it takes to win ! I think Casey has dropped the ball over and over this year.

Comment

It is at least partly their fault. Certainly BC's. I don't think they ever had a good defensive coach (before). During all his developmental years the organisation hasn't done a good job in development. That's strictly on BC. It's also their fault because they don't need to play him. If he doesn't do enough or didn't do enough in the past they should have acted upon it; e.g. by benching or trading him.

Like I've mentioned before, even if they have the basketball talent, not all talented players have the mental talent like the great players; some develop it, but most don't. He might be interested to be great, but (in my opinion) he lacks the mental toughness to overcome adversity and play through adversity (when he's tired it shows, when results aren't there it shows). People can blame him all they want for it, but it's going way too far for me to question his character just because he lacks the mental make-up to become a great player (or even a good player). It would be the same to attack Reggie Evans for his lack of skills. It's just silly.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                        "We have been losing for four years." That's why he said we are the worst team in the NBA; it hasn't lead to anything. I don't know why it would be detrimental to the team as he's stating a simple fact. Even if we don't have the worst record over those four years (didn't bother to check it) some of the other teams that didn't win a lot during this period are going up instead of down.

Never mind how much he sucks, it's not his fault that after years of losing we're at the bottom of the league. Even if one would use one of those stats by pseudo-economists and their first year students he can only be credited with a relatively small amount of all losses.

It's detrimental in that the team's confidence is probably at an all time low and they dont really need to hear it because they know they arent playing good right now not too mention he is a big part of team,him being the "man" and probably this being his team.

Comment

This is really all about BC's Ego !

It is i mean the guy doesnt want admit he picked the wrong guy, he doesnt want to give up on his prized Euro, the second coming of Dirk Nowitzki ! and Casey bought into to it too claming "thru thick or thin he is on our guy ". It all comes down to egos we all know it should Amir or Ed starting they more athletic and more have better all round Defence than Bargs, they just have the fundementals and instincts to play the system that Casey wants and they showed it last year.

Which is why our PA has gone up this year Bargs is not rebounding, playing D and hitting shots consistantly but like i said it comes down to egos and those two have let the team by not doing anything about it.

Comment

It is their fault Matt if he isnt performing its their job to do something about it whether its bringng him off the bench or benching the meatball, whatever it takes to win ! I think Casey has dropped the ball over and over this year.
                            So Bargnani has no responsibility? Jeeesh! Management gives him slack for years. Coaches cut him breaks for years. Fans still giving the guy a pass.

Management and coaches have tried for years to make him put his talent on display. They all deserve blame, no doubt, but for the love of all that is sacred and pure do not give Bargnani a pass. I said originally 'a big part' of the blame. I didn't lay it solely on him but considering Bargnani, Calderon, and BC are the only 3 to be with the franchise for the last 7 years......

Comment

So Bargnani has no responsibility? Jeeesh! Management gives him slack for years. Coaches cut him breaks for years. Fans still giving the guy a pass.

Management and coaches have tried for years to make him put his talent on display. They all deserve blame, no doubt, but for the love of all that is sacred and pure do not give Bargnani a pass. I said originally 'a big part' of the blame. I didn't lay it solely on him but considering Bargnani, Calderon, and BC are the only 3 to be with the franchise for the last 7 years......
                              Never said that...all im saying its all is its not all his fault it can be divided equally among BC, Casey and Bargs himself. Trust me im on the #tradebargnani bandwagon but he is not all to blame. I mean right now BC and Casey can get fired and Bargs traded and there nothing to say otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X