No announcement yet.

Summer League 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He took shots when he was wide open how is that selfish? JV and Ross are drawing the most attention he is going to shoot and has to shoot. Also Dwight Buycks is a scoring guard... what do you want from the poor kid?

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
      He took shots when he was wide open how is that selfish? JV and Ross are drawing the most attention he is going to shoot and has to shoot. Also Dwight Buycks is a scoring guard... what do you want from the poor kid?
      Again, he's older than us!

Comment

• NBA wise hes a kid lol

Comment

• akashsingh wrote: View Post
          I just mean that my eyes tell me he is not going to be an impactful scorer in the nba (even though he went 6-11, against summer league talent albeit) and he should look to pass the ball more.
          My eyes tell me he has a VERY soft touch around the rim, including 2 layups that due to the angle had to hit the backboard at a very high spot, yet fell through the basket with a swish in his first summer league game, and today he had a very controlled 3pt play flipping up the basketball perfectly against the backboard through contact.

With his speed and soft touch and apparent ability to hit a step back jumper, he can be a very nice scorer off the bench. When he was interviewed he said he was focused on feeding his teamates, which means he is not as selfish as most of you claim he is. I think he has the tools to be a solid rotational player, better than Augustin, and if his development progresses, I could see Augustin lose his role in the depth charts
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
            My eyes tell me he has a VERY soft touch around the rim, including 2 layups that due to the angle had to hit the backboard at a very high spot, yet fell through the basket with a swish in his first summer league game, and today he had a very controlled 3pt play flipping up the basketball perfectly against the backboard through contact.

With his speed and soft touch and apparent ability to hit a step back jumper, he can be a very nice scorer off the bench. When he was interviewed he said he was focused on feeding his teamates, which means he is not as selfish as most of you claim he is. I think he has the tools to be a solid rotational player, better than Augustin, and if his development progresses, I could see Augustin lose his role in the depth charts
            Definitely. I honestly hope Casey doesn't deny Buyckes the minutes he needs to develop, he seems to be a far more interesting prospect than Acy.

Comment

• http://nba.si.com/2013/07/19/jonas-v...s-dwane-casey/

A good JV article from SI.

Small sample below:

"Every time the 7-foot Valanciunas, the No. 5 overall pick in the 2011 draft, has taken the court this week in Las Vegas, he’s done a handful of things to make the basketball traditionalist chuckle out loud. The pump fakes are breathtaking, but they have been only one of his many attributes on display. Valanciunas has shown the ability to make jump hooks with both hands, and the footwork necessary to set them up. The touch on his passes and the calm with which he handles double teams are rarely seen in a player with his size and strength. Defensively, he’s maintained a high effort level and diligently committed to finding a body to box out as to maximize his rebounding opportunities. He’s altered shots and shadowed pick-and-roll ball-handlers. And, it goes without saying, he’s outmuscled and overpowered virtually everyone he has come across this week.

Put simply, Valanciunas is the best player in this year’s summer league, and his development is progressing so well that Raptors coach Dwane Casey didn’t hesitate or hedge when asked to gauge his center’s ceiling.

“I see an All-Star in the making,” Casey told SI.com on Thursday. “He’s not there yet. … I think you’re going to see that [recognition] in the future. As he grows as a player, we’ll grow as a team.”"
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Maybe they should call him Micah "Ups" instead...

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  http://nba.si.com/2013/07/19/jonas-v...s-dwane-casey/

A good JV article from SI.

Small sample below:

"Every time the 7-foot Valanciunas, the No. 5 overall pick in the 2011 draft, has taken the court this week in Las Vegas, he’s done a handful of things to make the basketball traditionalist chuckle out loud. The pump fakes are breathtaking, but they have been only one of his many attributes on display. Valanciunas has shown the ability to make jump hooks with both hands, and the footwork necessary to set them up. The touch on his passes and the calm with which he handles double teams are rarely seen in a player with his size and strength. Defensively, he’s maintained a high effort level and diligently committed to finding a body to box out as to maximize his rebounding opportunities. He’s altered shots and shadowed pick-and-roll ball-handlers. And, it goes without saying, he’s outmuscled and overpowered virtually everyone he has come across this week.

Put simply, Valanciunas is the best player in this year’s summer league, and his development is progressing so well that Raptors coach Dwane Casey didn’t hesitate or hedge when asked to gauge his center’s ceiling.

“I see an All-Star in the making,” Casey told SI.com on Thursday. “He’s not there yet. … I think you’re going to see that [recognition] in the future. As he grows as a player, we’ll grow as a team.”"
                  Nice find! A really fun read...My favorite part when you consider JV's youth

That prediction was delivered immediately after Valanciunas finished with15 points, 12 rebounds, three assists and two blocks in Toronto’s 95-78 win over Denver. Valanciunas took only seven shots but he was the game’s central force, as he has been all week.
                  He has a huge impact on the game, even though he's still not being utilized that much, and certainly not as much as you'd expect him to be a season or two from now...I completely zone out into a little fantasy every time I think about what JV could do if he averaged around 15+ field goal attempts a game. It's just a matter of time...

Comment

• Comment

• Maybe they should call him Micah "Ups" instead...
                      waiting for white men can't jump comment.
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Nooooo!!!!.....Just because he's the only thing that makes it bearable to watch summer league ball.

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                        waiting for white men can't jump comment.
                        There you go!

Comment

• haha.

Man, I want to see him play. Is that source reliable?

Comment

• looking at the brackets

wtf? That team with NBA logo? Can someone explain please?

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                              looking at the brackets

[IMG]That team with NBA logo? Can someone explain please?
                              That's the D-league Select team.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                                haha.

Man, I want to see him play. Is that source reliable?
                                I don't think so. But still, it's smart choice to not play JV.

Comment

Working...
                                X