No announcement yet.

Sports Illustrated is bang on!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^When you put it that way ya sounds legit.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
      ^When you put it that way ya sounds legit.
      Especially, because JV wasn't really a surprise. Sure, it was great to see his improvement, and he and amir are the only two bright spots on the roster, BUT it wasn't like he was a sleeper. Even before the season started he got his buzz, and a lot of people said that if they redrafted he would have been a top 3 pick for sure, which means, for me he alone isn't enough to bump up the grade.
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        By the text book definition.. C is average, so C+ is slightly above average:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grading...tion%29#Canada

This team was below average, so D+ makes sense in my opinion. JV prevents this team from becoming an F in my opinion.

When you don't make the playoffs and are almost close to luxury tax, and don't have a draft pick (either first or second round), a D+ is actually being lenient.
        C is just approaching average. B is right at average, and A is going above and beyond (top 5 seed).

Comment

Did the SI story studiously ignore anything positive? (Yes) Did Amir Johnson continue to progress as a top PF/C, greatly outplaying his contract after many pundits criticized BC for signing him? (Yes) Did Valanciunas show the potential to be a top-flight C in the NBA? (Yes)

There is no doubt that the Raptors roster has problems, but I think that if they get good consistent coaching from DC it has much more potential than many are anticipating. Perhaps the most disappointing thing about last year was BC's failure to pull the trigger on a Bargnani trade before his injury and disastrous return. I think they might be stuck with using Bargnani next year and seeing if he can bounce back and improve his trade value. He certainly will be a better bench option than any of the other dross available on the roster.

Comment

I'm ready to move on from this season. Just 3 games left, all playoff bound teams. I have this feeling that Miami is about to steamroll the competition in the playoffs.

Comment

The Derozan/Hollinger bit was priceless!

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                Did the SI story studiously ignore anything positive? (Yes) Did Amir Johnson continue to progress as a top PF/C, greatly outplaying his contract after many pundits criticized BC for signing him? (Yes) Did Valanciunas show the potential to be a top-flight C in the NBA? (Yes)
                Here I quote the likely excuses Colangelo will use to defend himself this season.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

Season has been a utter failure. Demar and Rudy's contracts even make the near future bleak.

F.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I don't think DeMar is getting enough credit. We wanted him to improve his game, and get bigger--he did. Does he have more to work on? Yes. But don't you guys think he, if anyone, knows that? He's coach-able and disciplined as a gym rat, meaning any good coach we bring in, hypothetically if DC doesn't improve his own skills, is gonna address that because DeRozan is humble enough to want to get better. Ofcourse he's gonna defend his team/himself after getting ridiculed, publicly, in the media. I would say what he said, too. That's what honor is. We don't even have to go into who's showed no honor as a past Raptor. It's not his fault he's had no one to truly mentor him that had credibility, on the team. Anyways, I just think he deserves a bit more credit. Dude's even getting calls his way, more than last year. Jus sayin.
                    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                      Season has been a utter failure. Demar and Rudy's contracts even make the near future bleak.

F.
                      JV being the real deal, saves it from being an F, as well as landing Rudy Gay for nothing.

Comment

JV being the real deal, saves it from being an F, as well as landing Rudy Gay for nothing.
                        Because Jose Calderon and a budding starting PF in the league is nothing.
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                          Because Jose Calderon and a budding starting PF in the league is nothing.
                          I like Eddy but he's more of a Taj Gibson type player. Off the bench energy big that is capable of starting but is better suited off the bench on a contender. If Rudy Gay is 100% next season, he'll drop 25 ppg easy so i'd say we won this trade by a landslide. Memphis is only going to have short term success compared to us.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            C is just approaching average. B is right at average, and A is going above and beyond (top 5 seed).
                            You can always spot a York University student.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                              You can always spot a York University student.
                              No i'm actually in High school bro

Comment

They didn't acquire Gay for nothing - they had to give up Calderon (arguably the Raps best player this season at the time of the trade) and Davis (an emerging big on a rookie scale deal), and a 2nd round pick as well. There's also the opportunity cost of a move like this, where the team is now financially squeezed for the foreseeable future as opposed to having Calderon's deal come off the books this summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X