Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbosa Wants Advice On Winter Clothes In Toronto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qvam...layer_embedded
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

everyone that comes hear thinks thats its the Alaska of basketball the winters arent really that bad compared to other cities and our summers are hot as hell.
    but if you want my advice just grab what every other player does, pair of timbs, fur-hooded jacket, hat and those big a$$ beats head phones.

Comment

He should probably have been here during the entire summer to see how hot it was. I don't think he's complaining about the winter, but all he needs is a heavy coat with a hood. Obviously being from
      Brazil and playing in the desert his entire career, minus degree winter weather would be a shock for him

Comment

I think Mike James just got a hummer...

Comment

Rg1990 wrote: View Post
          He should probably have been here during the entire summer to see how hot it was. I don't think he's complaining about the winter, but all he needs is a heavy coat with a hood. Obviously being from
          Brazil and playing in the desert his entire career, minus degree winter weather would be a shock for him
          Players on visiting teams probably never have to go outside in the winter while they are in Toronto.

The biggest adjustment other than the cold for someone who has never lived for an entire winter in a cold weather city like Toronto is driving in the winter. They have no clue on how to drive in snow or on ice. For me that was the worst part of growing up in Buffalo; i.e. once I could drive. I absolutely hated driving in the winter. It ain't no fun to say the least. Today I am sure cars handle the cold better than they used to when I was driving in Buffalo during the winter however I imagine it still is not to enjoyable especially trying to drive in a freezing rain or in sleet or a blizzard.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

At least he isn't complaning about the weather or the city like a lot of players do. Players can always use public transit like Matt Bonner did. I guess adjusting depends in where the player was born too. Barbosa has to adjust more obviously than say Morris Peterson being from Flint had to.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
              Players on visiting teams probably never have to go outside in the winter while they are in Toronto.

....Buffalo.....
              Really? From a weather/winter viewpoint, glad you made it out of "the Queen City" to LA...never quite knew why they called it that (quintiessential Canadian moniker). Pre cable days when many used rooftop antennae and tuned in to the Buffalo based network channels for our sports fixes, the standing joke around here was about the sleet, blizzards and of course daily fires (or so it seemed!). And "they" complain about TO weather!! Having lived in NYC a few years I would say that the winters here in TO are fairly similar (maybe a tad more snowy only). Leandro should consult with Nash even though he's from balmy BC or even Hedo.

ps...the other complaint...how bad the Braves did the previous night!!

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                Really? From a weather/winter viewpoint, glad you made it out of "the Queen City" to LA...never quite knew why they called it that (quintiessential Canadian moniker). Pre cable days when many used rooftop antennae and tuned in to the Buffalo based network channels for our sports fixes, the standing joke around here was about the sleet, blizzards and of course daily fires (or so it seemed!). And "they" complain about TO weather!! Having lived in NYC a few years I would say that the winters here in TO are fairly similar (maybe a tad more snowy only). Leandro should consult with Nash even though he's from balmy BC or even Hedo.

ps...the other complaint...how bad the Braves did the previous night!!
                That is a funny post because I have no love lost for Buffalo except for their food.

Great PIzza, Roast Beef and Italian food. They also had Pat's Hot Dogs. Best hot dogs ever.

They also had the Berkeley of the East during the 60s, S.U.N.Y at Buffalo.

In any case I have never returned to Buffalo since that -15F Wind Chill Factor day that I drove out of town as fast as I could.

Comment

If all these soft basketball players want to really know what cold is then they should stop by central-western Canada and see how -30 to -50 feels like.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    If all these soft basketball players want to really know what cold is then they should stop by central-western Canada and see how -30 to -50 feels like.

Oh Apollo I never knew that you were so mean

Comment

WOW. That was cold. Okay, lame joke sorry hahah

Comment

With a 30 MPH north wind just for good measure.

I have been to Toronto in January. It is a veritable sauna compared to Winnipeg, and Minneapolis for that matter. Sam Mitchell probably couldn't wait to experience the "mild" Toronto winter...

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
                          with a 30 mph north wind just for good measure.

i have been to toronto in january. It is a veritable sauna compared to winnipeg, and minneapolis for that matter. Sam mitchell probably couldn't wait to experience the "mild" toronto winter...
                          lol

Comment

pffft- cold winters in Toronto! That's hilarious, clearly no one here has ever felt Winnipeg winter weather. After December the weather is always below -20 C daily, whereas in Toronto the average is not lower than -10 C.
                            actually once the weather in Winnipeg comes back up to 0 C, it becomes a celebratory matter :P People go outside without coats on....

Comment

danny wrote: View Post
                              pffft- cold winters in Toronto! That's hilarious, clearly no one here has ever felt Winnipeg winter weather. After December the weather is always below -20 C daily, whereas in Toronto the average is not lower than -10 C.
                              actually once the weather in Winnipeg comes back up to 0 C, it becomes a celebratory matter :P People go outside without coats on....
                              You are correct it does get very cold in Winnipeg in the winter. Great for outdoor hockey and curling

Comment

Working...
                              X