Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guessing EAST/WEST Standing UPDATE (Aug/10/2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guessing EAST/WEST Standing UPDATE (Aug/10/2014)

East
    1. Bulls - 55/27
    2. Cavs - 53/29
    3. Raptors - 51/31
    4. Wizards - 47/35
    5. Heat - 47/35
    6. Hornets - 45/37
    7. Hawks - 41/41
    8. Knicks - 40/42

9. Pistons - 37-45

West
    1. OKC - 60/22
    2. Spurs - 58/24
    3. Clippers - 55/27
    4. Mavs - 54/28
    5. Blazers - 52/30
    6. Warriors - 51/31
    7. Memphis - 49/33
    8. Rockets - 47/35

9. Suns - 46/36
    Yes
    75.00%
    No
    25.00%
    They will lose more then 45
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Abbas wrote: View Post
    East
    1. Bulls - 55/27
    2. Cavs - 53/29
    3. Raptors - 51/31
    4. Wizards - 47/35
    5. Heat - 47/35
    6. Hornets - 45/37
    7. Hawks - 41/41
    8. Knicks - 40/42

9. Pistons - 37-45

West
    1. OKC - 60/22
    2. Spurs - 58/24
    3. Clippers - 55/27
    4. Mavs - 54/28
    5. Blazers - 52/30
    6. Warriors - 51/31
    7. Memphis - 49/33
    8. Rockets - 47/35

9. Suns - 46/36
    Is this yours or from another source.

Comment

I think

East

1. Raptors - 54/28
      2. Cavs - 53/29
      3. Wizards - 50/32
      4. Bulls - 48/34
      5. Hornets - 46/36
      6. Hawks - 45/37
      7. Heat - 43/39
      8. Knicks - 41/41
      9. Pistons - 39/43

West

1. Spurs - 61/21
      2. OKC - 59/23
      3. Clippers - 54/28
      4. Blazers - 52/30
      5. Mavs - 50/32
      6. Warriors 49/33
      7. Rockets - 46/36
      8. Grizzlies - 45/37
      9. Suns - 40/42

Fort those of you wondering why I put the Raps first:

1. I think Rose will play a bit worse then expected (or get injured)
      2. Pau Gasol will not live up to expectation
      3. Cavs will take a little time to jell, letting us sneak ahead of them
      4. We owned the Wizards in the regular season last year and we will do it again
      5. Complete Homerism
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
        I think

East

1. Raptors - 54/28
        2. Cavs - 53/29
        3. Wizards - 50/32
        4. Bulls - 48/34
        5. Hornets - 46/36
        6. Hawks - 45/37
        7. Heat - 43/39
        8. Knicks - 41/41
        9. Pistons - 39/43

West

1. Spurs - 61/21
        2. OKC - 59/23
        3. Clippers - 54/28
        4. Blazers - 52/30
        5. Mavs - 50/32
        6. Warriors 49/33
        7. Rockets - 46/36
        8. Grizzlies - 45/37
        9. Suns - 40/42

5. Complete Homerism
        I agree with you complete aslong as we dont get off to our yearly notoriously slow starts

Comment

rapfan10 wrote: View Post
          Is this yours or from another source.
          Its mine
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
            Its mine
            Cool that's great

Comment

I think

East

1. Raptors - 54/28
              2. Cavs - 53/29
              3. Wizards - 50/32
              4. Bulls - 48/34
              5. Hornets - 46/36
              6. Hawks - 45/37
              7. Heat - 43/39
              8. Knicks - 41/41
              9. Pistons - 39/43

West

1. Spurs - 61/21
              2. OKC - 59/23
              3. Clippers - 54/28
              4. Blazers - 52/30
              5. Mavs - 50/32
              6. Warriors 49/33
              7. Rockets - 46/36
              8. Grizzlies - 45/37
              9. Suns - 40/42

5. Complete Homerism

I would give the Bulls 2-4 more wins minimum. They've increased their depth across the board, I can't seem them doing worse than last season, even if they were to play without Derrick Rose.

The Heat will likely wins few more games than that. The Heat are still rather solid overall and do possess 2 all stars (1 when Wade is out) + a former 2 time all star in Luol Deng. (And Danny Granger, but he is a role player now). They are weak at the 5 spot though, so they may suffer without having Lebron's presence on the court

I can't see the Blazers being the 4th seed next year. Steve Blake and Chris Kamen will not help them in their defensive woes at all.
              I would move them to the 5th seed. I don't see them going lower than 7 though.

Im interested to see how the Warriors will do this season. Their defense relies so heavily upon Bogut in particular, and they sorely miss him when he is out. They haven't made any significant bench additions either.

The Rockets will regress this season. They lost Lin, Asik, and Parsons, three terrific rotation players. It will be interesting to see if their new rookies/additions can fill the voids created from Free Agency.

I think the Suns will be a major wild card this season. Lets see how far that DEEP backcourt will take them this season.
              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
              -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Indy has a chance to finish higher than NYK. Teams like Indy, Bulls and Memphis with good team defenses can finish .500 without stars. GSW should win 50+. PHX, Portland and Houston will battle for the last spot.

Comment

48 to 50 wins, I do not want to make expectations go too high. Winning over 50 requires our team to nail about 5 to 10 buzzer beaters through Lowry, DeRozan, and Lou Williams. 50+ teams get there when they have no Salmons on the team, and nailing a fair share of buzzer beaters in the 4th Q.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    Indy has a chance to finish higher than NYK. Teams like Indy, Bulls and Memphis with good team defenses can finish .500 without stars. GSW should win 50+. PHX, Portland and Houston will battle for the last spot.
                    Indy will not be close to the top of the conference without PG, and Hibbert and West will have to carry the team for them to make the playoffs.
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Indy will not be close to the top of the conference without PG, and Hibbert and West will have to carry the team for them to make the playoffs.
                      They won't be at the top but the best defence in the league last year will finish ahead of NYK. They are slightly worse than Charlotte last year and should still be a good defensive team. Whether they decide to tank is another issue. They should tank like SAS when Robinson got injured. They won't get a Duncan but they could get a good PF to replace West and a PG to replace Hill.

Comment

They won't be at the top but the best defence in the league last year will finish ahead of NYK. They are slightly worse than Charlotte last year and should still be a good defensive team. Whether they decide to tank is another issue. They should tank like SAS when Robinson got injured. They won't get a Duncan but they could get a good PF to replace West and a PG to replace Hill.

Then again Lance Stephenson and Paul George were a big reason for them having the top defence in the league.

Expect that to change without question, they have lost one of the best defenders in the game for the season plus Stephenson, a very good defender in his own right.

Edit: And yes, I agree about tanking. It would do them a whole lot of good in the long term. They should also be in the hunt for a SG due to the departure of Lance.
                        I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                        -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                          Then again Lance Stephenson and Paul George were a big reason for them having the top defence in the league.

Expect that to change without question, they have lost one of the best defenders in the game for the season plus Stephenson, a very good defender in his own right.

Edit: And yes, I agree about tanking. It would do them a whole lot of good in the long term. They should also be in the hunt for a SG due to the departure of Lance.
                          Bulls lost Rose and Deng yet were still a top defensive team. Clogging the lanes doesn't require a superstar. Everybody on the team just has to buy in.

Change of topic - Indy is shopping Hibbert for Monroe or Dragic. They might be fighting to stay competitive.

Comment

Bulls lost Rose and Deng yet were still a top defensive team. Clogging the lanes doesn't require a superstar. Everybody on the team just has to buy in.

Change of topic - Indy is shopping Hibbert for Monroe or Dragic. They might be fighting to stay competitive.
                            The bulls losing Rose and Deng is nothing like Indy losing PG and Stephenson.

The Bulls had Butler, Hinrich, Noah and Taj that are all solid defenders. Their defence is more than just clogging lanes it's their man to man defence that really fcks with teams. Since they don't get blown by they can steer teams to spots they want on the floor. Indy doesn't have anyone in the shadows that can do that for them.

Whose going to guard the perimeter Rodney Stuckey? Indy is going to suck this year
                            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                            Because its 2015

Comment

Working...
                            X