Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Say You Want About the YGZ But They Don't No Sheet From Anyone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say You Want About the YGZ But They Don't No Sheet From Anyone.

Especially DeRozan and Johnson who grew up in some of the toughest neighborhoods in Los Angeles and learned their games on the streets of Compton and Westchester respectively.

Same goes for Jennings with the Bucks, another Compton kid.

Westbrook from Hawthorne and Jrue Holiday from North Hollywood in Los Angeles are also from a tough neighborhoods.

All tough kids who can play and who don't take no sheet from anyone.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

What is your point? There are plenty of players who come from "tough" areas and had hard times.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I would say that the Raptors haven't had a whole lot of players like this recently, so it's a welcome turn of events.

Comment

So What, I'm from the D, does that mean I'm tough
        What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
          What is your point? There are plenty of players who come from "tough" areas and had hard times.
          My points are.

1. This team is tougher than it was last season under Bosh's leadership
          2. The YGZ and Reggie are the reason.

Bosh is a finesse type player who players soft.

He has a lot of skills but toughness is not one of them.

So this team is tougher this season and that is due in big part to the YGZ and it is a good thing.

Yea a lot of people grow up in tough neighborhoods.

However the YGZ bring talent and toughness, something this Raptors team did not have right before them or when Bosh was the leader.

A team or any organization is only as tough as their leader.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Other than Evans, I don't see the toughness in the players you mentioned, they are not grinders or bangers. DeRozan does not have that "I'm going to dunk on you" mentality, Johnson is a finesse type big, he does not overpower people or body them up, he uses his length to get the job done. I like the energy they are bringing, but calling them tough or hard is not fitting if you ask me.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Check your LA neighborhoods

Native Torontonian,living in LA for the last 10 years still a Raps fan but Buddhafan needs to take a trip to La b/c the only rough neighborhood you listed is Compton. Westchester, N.Hollywood are normal non-threatening neighborhoods. These kids are in AAU ball or club teams in elementary school and Derozan was on a AAu team with Little Romeo (Master P's kid, think he would play in a rough league) .... All your incorrect facts aside I do agree that the team is tougher this year. I just think we are not asking the Euros to be tough and getting grit from our N.American players. Linas seems pretty tough with his 2 post up charges in the last 2 games

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                My points are.

1. This team is tougher than it was last season under Bosh's leadership
                2. The YGZ and Reggie are the reason.

Bosh is a finesse type player who players soft.

He has a lot of skills but toughness is not one of them.

So this team is tougher this season and that is due in big part to the YGZ and it is a good thing.

Yea a lot of people grow up in tough neighborhoods.

However the YGZ bring talent and toughness, something this Raptors team did not have right before them or when Bosh was the leader.

A team or any organization is only as tough as their leader.
                I guess you could be right, If these players were the teams leaders, which I would doubt at this point in time.

I guess they saved their toughness for this year considering they were playing for the Raps last year, but Boshes softness must have shadowed their extreme toughness.

Comment

Working...
                X