Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WJF wrote: View Post
    [/B]
    YA, because we have such a good team of underachievers that any other coach would get to the finals! No injuries and all the talent in the world, what is wrong with JT
    I never said the Raps had a lot of talent. This year the talent level was extremely low and Colangelo should be the fall guy for that.

What about the year before however when a team that everyone thought was playoff bound? Triano guided them to a losing season.

What about the year before that when Mitchell was fired for underachieving at 8-9 and Triano proceeded to usher in a 25-40 finish? lol

Triano didn't have much talent last year I agree but even when he's had more talent in previous years what has he shown as a coach?

Everyone refers to this year but seem to forget the last 2 losing seasons he had. Name me another NBA coach with 2 losing seasons than a 60 loss season that is still employed wit the same team the following year?

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
      I never said the Raps had a lot of talent. This year the talent level was extremely low and Colangelo should be the fall guy for that.

What about the year before however when a team that everyone thought was playoff bound? Triano guided them to a losing season.

What about the year before that when Mitchell was fired for underachieving at 8-9 and Triano proceeded to usher in a 25-40 finish? lol

Triano didn't have much talent last year I agree but even when he's had more talent in previous years what has he shown as a coach?

Everyone refers to this year but seem to forget the last 2 losing seasons he had. Name me another NBA coach with 2 losing seasons than a 60 loss season that is still employed wit the same team the following year?
      And that calls a timeout on a breakaway or on a 3on1,
      calls plays out of timeouts that are ridiculous or exactly the same as out of the previous timeout,
      or fails to hold players accountable,
      or plays old injured expiring contracts instead of young developing players in a foregone conclusion season,
      or pulls players when hot and rested but sticks with players who are so cold they make polar bears shiver
      or plays foolish matchups against other lineups
      or fails to call timeouts when the bleeding has reached amputated proportions

Nah, he should be brought back. I do remember an article that made me consider him as an option for one more year, but I forget what it said now and back on the boot his ass out mindset.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
        And that calls a timeout on a breakaway or on a 3on1,
        calls plays out of timeouts that are ridiculous or exactly the same as out of the previous timeout,
        or fails to hold players accountable,
        or plays old injured expiring contracts instead of young developing players in a foregone conclusion season,
        or pulls players when hot and rested but sticks with players who are so cold they make polar bears shiver
        or plays foolish matchups against other lineups
        or fails to call timeouts when the bleeding has reached amputated proportions

Nah, he should be brought back. I do remember an article that made me consider him as an option for one more year, but I forget what it said now and back on the boot his ass out mindset.
        That said I am all for BC re-signing. Very happy with this. (really not being sarcastic.)

Comment

Ok. And you seem to be ok with that. I'm not, and I like the fact that Colangelo isn't either.
          Welp, that sucked.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post

I would love to hear what you think BC should have done. I don't like making excuses for people either but this is a rebuild and next is gonna suck too, but I'm ok with that because that's how rebuilds work.

The Raptors were dealt a good player in Bosh, he tried to build around him, didn't work, end of story.
            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

BryCo is BACK!

Good or Bad? He has agreed to multi-year extension terms to be disclosed
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

2 years to be exact. I heard it on 680 news on my way back from school. Its good to hear he's back to continue with our rebuild.

Comment

Report: Bryan Colangelo extended to multi-year deal

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/...ear-extension/

The Raptors president and general manager has confirmed to The National Post that he has agreed in principle to a multi-year contract extension. His five-year deal, signed in 2006, was set to expire on June 30th.

Details of the deal were not immediately known. Colangelo is in Secaucus, New Jersey, where he will represent the Raptors at Tuesday night’s draft lottery.

The news brings a poorly plotted soap opera surrounding his job status to an end. Backroom bickering, including one board member representing the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan — the majority owners of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment who are looking to sell their share — that had been holding up a new deal for the general manager have dominated the Raptors’ news cycle for the past few months.

There was one published report that MLSE would turn over draft responsibilities to 74-year-old team advisor Wayne Embry should a deal not be reached with Colangelo. With this news, that remains a what-if scenario.

Colangelo’s status was an issue for the Raptors throughout their 22-win season, and became a bigger issue as the off-season arrived. It has been widely reported that Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment’s board was divided on whether to bring back the two-time NBA executive of the year.

Larry Tanenbaum, a potential buyer of Teachers’ stake in the team and a minority owner of MLSE as it stands, has long been believed to be a Colangelo backer. Glen Silvestri, one of Teachers’ representatives on the board, is said to have been against Colangelo’s re-signing.

Comment

Yeah he needed a shot to finish what he started with this youth movement.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

throw it down, big man! throw it down!
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

the fake bill walton twitter feed is amazing btw for anyone on twitter
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

i see some merged threads in the near future
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

im not a triano fan by any means but i think with everything going on with the CBA it'd be prudent to sign him to a one year. lets see what he can do with more talent. there aren't any coaches out there in our price range anyways. worst case scenario we get the top pick in next years draft.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

We can only speculate as to why but you have to wonder if the NBA told OTPP to stop screwing around and get a management team in place or else the league might cause headaches in its sale process. The other possible option is that the bidders in play each okayed the extension.

Honestly, I never thought BC would take anything less than a 4 year deal. I'm sure there are some incentives in place.

At least it's over now and we can stop speculating on front office moves and just focus on coaches/players.

Comment

I don't think he's done a great job, but this is only a good thing for the franchise. It gives them stability and Colangelo is, at the very least, a good GM.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X