Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    How is that possible if were at the 4 spot
    Draft express just updated it to show that the Raptors were at #4 - and have them selecting Robinson (however, team needs are not taken into consideration). If we're picking #4 and Barnes is available, I think he's the pick.

Comment

• MKG isn't available?
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        MKG isn't available?
        He's slotted to go one spot before at #3.

Comment

• Makes sense
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Does anyone else have difficulty believing MKG is 228 lbs? To me he looks too thin and I doubt he is over 210.

What do you think?

Comment

• 228 is a bit too much. They list LeBryan Nash at 230 - and he looks the part. I'd say MKG is maybe 214.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                228 is a bit too much. They list LeBryan Nash at 230 - and he looks the part. I'd say MKG is maybe 214.
                Good. Glad I'm not the only one.

Comment

• I would like to get on this barnes bandwagon and see what u guys r seeing. To me he doesn't look like a explosive jumper, doesn't have a explosive first step, can hit down that open jumper, has a nice up fake step to the side move, probably can't create his own shot at the next level. which all says to me role player.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                    I would like to get on this barnes bandwagon and see what u guys r seeing. To me he doesn't look like a explosive jumper, doesn't have a explosive first step, can hit down that open jumper, has a nice up fake step to the side move, probably can't create his own shot at the next level. which all says to me role player.
                    I don't think anyone has ever said that Barnes has an explosive first step or that he's an explosive jumper. He's very smooth, he's got good range on his shot, he's got great ball -IQ, he attack's the rim and invites contact, he's got the ability to be a very good defender - and he's still learning the in's and out's of being a swingman - when he was in high school, he played a lot inside/ in the post. His game is very much like Danny Granger's, which isn't a bad comparison to have.

Comment

• I'm still in the Perry Jones camp. You have to take into account what good coaching can do for a player, and Baylor doesn't exactly boast the coaching or program Kentucky or North Carolina have going.. Case and point being Bargnani.

You can coach a player on how to play, but talent is something you're born with. Case and point being Demar. He can take all the jump shots he wants, but the talent isn't there like it was with say Vince.

PJ3 is the most talented SF I see in the draft after Barnes. In some ways he has a higher ceiling than Barnes.

One way or another the SF position should be solid next season.

Comment

• If I could veto just one player from BC drafting itd be PJ3. He has the fire of a snowman.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Does anyone else have difficulty believing MKG is 228 lbs? To me he looks too thin and I doubt he is over 210.

What do you think?
                          I think it's fair. You have to remember he is really long(7 Foot wingspan). You think Lebron looks 270?
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I think it's fair. You have to remember he is really long(7 Foot wingspan). You think Lebron looks 270?
                            I don't think Lebron is 270. I'd say he's closer to about 250.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                              I'm still in the Perry Jones camp. You have to take into account what good coaching can do for a player, and Baylor doesn't exactly boast the coaching or program Kentucky or North Carolina have going.. Case and point being Bargnani.
                              This is a FANTASTIC point, one of which I feel is hugely overlooked in this whole thing.
                              It was a big talking point last year before his suspension, but has tailed off for some reason this year.
                              The way I read it, the coaches are literally dumbfounded by this kid to know what to do with him. They keep mixing him around and never letting him settle.

ceez wrote: View Post
                              If I could veto just one player from BC drafting itd be PJ3. He has the fire of a snowman.

And yet he's led Baylor in both points and rebounds to a 25-5 record.

I still see this guy being a VERY good pro.
                              Anybody that's 6'11" (7'2.5" Wingspan) and can do stuff like this:

doesn't need 'fire' in my books. Just let his game do the talking.

And when he figures it out, which I think he absolutely will, this guy will be SCARY good.

It's not like he's a Demarcus Cousins, who is a complete headcase and will be a drama queen.

Guess it really depends on where we pick. If we end up picking #7 (and Barnes is gone) and he's still available, I'm happy as a Pig in shit.

I could see PJ3 easily becoming an impact player in the ilk of say a Chris Bosh. Just stronger and more explosive. And anyone who says Bosh isn't an impact player is still jaded. haha
                              Last edited by Joey; Tue Feb 21, 2012, 06:52 PM.

Comment

He doesn't have elite athleticism. His a smoove athelete, his length(has a 7-2 winspan)lot to do with it. He is extremely quick though for 6'9.
                                Yes he does

Comment

Working...
                                X