Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bargnani is the 5th Most Skilled 7 Footer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think that is bargnani who decide to play from perimeter: there's 2 possibilities, triano ask him to play there (and that's a problem) or triano dont punish him if he play from perimeter if triano asks to play in the paint (and that's another problem). a big man on perimeter opens up space for bosh, i think it's a team tactic... because bargnani is a good post player in offense.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
      Do you think that it is so easy to get open to be in position to be able to finish at a consistently high rate at the rim?

With all due respect if you do, you do not understand this facet of basketball.

If it was so easy then why doesn't everyone do it since Johnson's success rate is so high? 95% of the players don't do it, Bargnani included because it takes a skill to do it and guys like Bargnani don't have that skill.
      So you seriously think that teams focus attention planning to keep the ball out of Amir Johnson's hands?

For real, ask yourself this. When opponents sit down and they're watching film and looking over assignments who do you think gets attention, #1 overall draft pick Andrea Bargnani or reserve player Amir Johnson?
      Last edited by Apollo; Mon Apr 26, 2010, 06:27 AM.

Comment

skiele wrote: View Post
        I don't think that is bargnani who decide to play from perimeter: there's 2 possibilities, triano ask him to play there (and that's a problem) or triano dont punish him if he play from perimeter if triano asks to play in the paint (and that's another problem). a big man on perimeter opens up space for bosh, i think it's a team tactic... because bargnani is a good post player in offense.
        So either way, it's not Bargnani's fault, right? And everything I've read abut the coaches trying to get Bargnani to play more inside is nonsense?

And no, Bargnani is not a good post player. He doesn't hold position well, doesn't seal his man, doesn't have good hands, doesn't draw contact and doesn't have a very good repertoire down there, all of which are necessary to be a good defender. Plus, he's a black hole in the post.

66% of his inside shots are assisted, which is virtually the same as his rookie season, and virtually the same as Amir Johnson, who makes a living down there, and is certainly not known for his post game. Contrast that with Bosh, who is only assisted on 45% of his shots down low.

Let's get this straight. Bargnani shoots mostly outside because HE wants to, and he's not nearly the post players that some fans seem to think.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
        X