Colangelo Meets With Media Today 10am EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colangelo Meets With Media Today 10am EST

Should be interesting to see what BC has to say about the season and offseason.
    Watch the News Confrence *Live* on www.raptors.com @ 10 am est.

What flavor will the Kool-Aid be today?

I hate how Triano is brain washing the players with numbers of experience, "we got 16 years combined, they got 63" who the fu#$ cares about that. Play ball and thats that. Do you see OKC combining there years of experience for an excuse for a loss, I don't think so.
    BC needs to address that ASAP.
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Don't know if you know this yet but Barnes is going back to UNC. I wonder if anybody is going to ask Colangelo about that. He's going to be the slick used Car salesman today. Blinging the fifty thousand dollar watch and talking about upside and caproom and free agent possibilities and...some of it might even be true.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
        I hate how Triano is brain washing the players with numbers of experience, "we got 16 years combined, they got 63" who the fu#$ cares about that. Play ball and thats that. Do you see OKC combining there years of experience for an excuse for a loss, I don't think so.
        BC needs to address that ASAP.
        I dont like hearing excuses either, but it is a valid one. experience counts for a lot in the nba, and thats why OKC lost to the Lakers in the playoffs last season, and thats why they got Nazr and Kedrick this year. Of course talent is what you need and the Raps dont have much of that. You know very well Triano cant just come out and say "this team lacks talent" so the next best thing to blame, experience.

i think we really need to stop making comparisons with OKC. OKC is a team you strive to become, or pattern your rebuilding process with, not compare with. OKC was the result of perfect timing and luck of the draft, IMO. GMs can line up their pieces according to how OKC did it, but the chances of actually having results as OKC did is still few and far between. But at least, copying this pattern of rebuilding will give you a far better chance of succeeding than others.
        Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Mon Apr 18, 2011, 10:18 AM.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
          Should be interesting to see what BC has to say about the season and offseason.
          Watch the News Confrence *Live* on www.raptors.com @ 10 am est.

What flavor will the Kool-Aid be today?
          +1. Honestly last year i was hyped up to hear what colangelo had to say, but since we all know rebuilding usually takes longer than a year, i dont expect much from BC this stage of the rebuild. ill probably get excited once i see that first bold move he'll do come offseason.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
            I dont like hearing excuses either, but it is a valid one. experience counts for a lot in the nba, and thats why OKC lost to the Lakers in the playoffs last season, and thats why they got Nazr and Kedrick this year. Of course talent is what you need and the Raps dont have much of that. You know very well Triano cant just come out and say "this team lacks talent" so the next best thing to blame, experience.

i think we really need to stop making comparisons with OKC. OKC is a team you strive to become, or pattern your rebuilding process with, not compare with. OKC was the result of perfect timing and luck of the draft, IMO. GMs can line up their pieces according to how OKC did it, but the chances of actually having results as OKC did is still few and far between. But at least, copying this pattern of rebuilding will give you a far better chance of succeeding than others.
            It doesn't hurt when one of your young inexperienced players looks like a future hall of famer (Durant) and the other a top5 pg in the league for years to come (Westbrook).
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
              It doesn't hurt when one of your young inexperienced players looks like a future hall of famer (Durant) and the other a top5 pg in the league for years to come (Westbrook).
              exactly my point. OKC is a freak of nature to say the least. Fab Five of the NBA (same situation)

Comment

BC stating that they feel Andrea can become a better rebounder, not to sold on him becoming a much better defender. Like the match-up problems he can create.

Feels a defensive center is something the team needs regardless of whether or not Bargs stays.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

No shit the starting center can average more than 5 rebounds a game good call BC
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

They mentioned " vet" centera few times. but no names specificaly. (IMO maybe somone like Jammal Magloire is a possible solution after all. )

brought up the fact he had other trades were lined up that the deadline that would have put this team in the playoffs most likely but he didint pull the trigger because they decided a rebuild was the better answer to the problem. said after garbajosa went down the team spiraled down to where it is now. and when BC took over the team probably did too well too fast.

BOSH was brought up and BC stated that it was hard to get anything in return and bosh was saying how much he loved toronto and the organization and wanted to retun to the franchise it wasnt in the franchises best interest at the time. if bosh had touched on possibly wanting to play here or there BC would have tried to plan something.

BC also said that the few bigs in the draft are hard to determine if theyre pfs or c's and they all are projects and its uncertain if toronto needs more projects.

doesnt want to effect the flexability unless the right peice comes along. because on player can change alot of things for a franshise like pau gasol did in LA after the lakers were strugling.

i was watching at work so i kept getting interupted but these are a few points that interested me.

Comment

Arse did a good job breaking down the conference on the home page of RR.

Comment

So I'm guessing if we don't luck out on Irving we're trading the pick? Am I the only one getting that feeling lately?
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                          So I'm guessing if we don't luck out on Irving we're trading the pick? Am I the only one getting that feeling lately?
                          i didint get that feeling from the news confrence at all.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            I think he would go for DWilliams as well. If not those they pick the best available, and trade him. His speak seems to indicate we don't want younger, but rather more established guys especially at the 5. Does that mean he won't trade the pick for return and a lower pick to 'steal' a Biyombo or such? I am thinking that. He kept saying they have assets, and tradeable assets. It will be interesting to say the least.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Arse did a good job breaking down the conference on the home page of RR.
                              yah much better then my weak attempt lol. cant do much at work lol

Comment

Working...
                              X