No announcement yet.

Who should the Raptors not Draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He said Beal would be able to guard most small forwards in the league. I'm not sure he knows who Beal even is.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Don't get me wrong, Beal is 2b on my draft board, but he clearly has no idea what he's talking about.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I spoke to BC before last years draft and asked him about Barnes. He told me Barnes hadn't shown yet that he could create his own shot or get to the basket. I don't think Barnes did anything to change his opinion. With that being said I would take him if MGK or beal are off the board. I would take Barnes over Lamb

Comment

RaptorVic wrote: View Post
          I spoke to BC before last years draft and asked him about Barnes. He told me Barnes hadn't shown yet that he could create his own shot or get to the basket.
          *ears perk up*
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

i think in regards to barnes the only thing he can do to improve his stock is have knockout workouts and try to convince other players like mkg or beal to the same workouts, which their agents wont allow so he has to destroy inferior players and really impress teams specialty coaches.

and if we fall out of the top 3 and barnes is the only one of mkg beal and barnes on the board im guessing we start next year with barnes at the 3 after a summer of how a talent like him could have fallen out of the top 3.

barnes after 5 is a win/win for colangelo and if he isn't on the board i think a trade to low mid teens 11-16 is a possibility.

finally i know you're not a gm matt, but the way your trades work for toronto, you should be.

Comment

Lamb and Drummond. I will not be happy if either is wearing a raptors hat when he is shaking Stern's hand. Lamb won't have a great NBA career i believe and AD is such a project that it will hinder the whole team although a front court of he and JV and Bargs I would be interesting if he were much more ready but with a few picks and certainly a couple decent free agents I want to hit the ground running instead of waiting for Drummond to improve. And Lamb won't be better then the free agent we sign at that position.
              No lamb please
              Last edited by Thornbury; Thu Apr 19, 2012, 06:33 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

drummond, sullenger, jones, austin rivers

Comment

Anthony Davis
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

and if we fall out of the top 3 and barnes is the only one of mkg beal and barnes on the board im guessing we start next year with barnes at the 3 after a summer of how a talent like him could have fallen out of the top 3.

barnes after 5 is a win/win for colangelo and if he isn't on the board i think a trade to low mid teens 11-16 is a possibility.
                    I am not sure if ya'll are paying attention but have a look at the schedule. The Raps play Detroit and NJ before the end of the season. If they win those games, which they probably will, we'll be drafting around 9th. Davis, Barnes, MKG, Beal... there is no chance. This discussion should have names like Jones and Zeller.

This is so depressing...

Comment

Gorlitzer wrote: View Post
                      I am not sure if ya'll are paying attention but have a look at the schedule. The Raps play Detroit and NJ before the end of the season. If they win those games, which they probably will, we'll be drafting around 9th. Davis, Barnes, MKG, Beal... there is no chance. This discussion should have names like Jones and Zeller.

This is so depressing...
                      Maybe Triano could make a guest appearance as Head Coach for our final 3 games. After all, he must've been retained for a reason

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        Don't get me wrong, Beal is 2b on my draft board, but he clearly has no idea what he's talking about.
                        i'll take thorpe & his decades of involvement in about as high a level of bball over your 2000+ posts on raptors republic, thanks.

FWIW, i'm not 'sold' on beal, just like i'm not 'sold' on any prospect - even AD COULD turn out to be a bust, or as another poster mentioned, COULD be prone to injury due to the rapid growth of his body. but thorpe's comments are, from my experience, well thought out & reasoned. he refers to beal's ability to defend SOME SFs (not all), and gives a reason (length - 6'7" wingspan, not great, but not terrible- and i'm inferring, general physical capabilities). why is that so hard to picture? how 'big' is wade? can he not defend SOME 3s? not all SFs are lebron-esque 6'9", 300lbs freaks of nature.
                        TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

i was referring to the fact that if him and demar are closing out games wouldn't it be wise to put the 6'7 guy on a small forward instead of the 6'3 player? call me crazy, i guess.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            i was referring to the fact that if him and demar are closing out games wouldn't it be wise to put the 6'7 guy on a small forward instead of the 6'3 player? call me crazy, i guess.
                            Depends on the matchup defensively and how skilled the guy is offensively. Seems very common sense obviously, but height only one factor defensively matchup wise.

But I do get what you're saying, but I doubt anyone is going to have Bradley Beal guard Kevin Durant who is 7 inches taller.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Thornbury wrote: View Post
                              No lamb please
                              Not even with some mint jelly??

Comment

The only thing we shouldn't do is trade the pick, unless he's trading up.
                                your pal,
                                ebrian

Comment

Working...
                                X