No announcement yet.

TANK vs ANTI TANK - SUPER THREAD - The Because I Can't Keep Track Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We were in the process of rebuilding just fine until Master Colangelo decided to "accelerate" that. Wrong.

It's like raising kids. You don't buy little Johnny a car at age 12 hoping that will make him grow up. It's a natural process & we deviated away from it.

We already have 1 piece for the future in Jonas. We may have 2 already depending how you feel about Demar. Make that 3 if you like Ross. It's time to add more. By the time Jonas starts rounding his game (not for another 2 years), we should have at least 2 more pieces added on to our core & the financial flexibility to begin adding pieces in order to contend.

Don't lie now guys. It's satisfying seeing your young kids grow before your eyes & that is a journey I'm looking forward to.

Let's face it. We are in the midst of the King James' dynasty. Accordingly, we should start preparing for the fall of the king. He has 3 more super elite years at the very least. Let's start building ammo so we can kick him when he's on his way down.

It just makes the most sense & we are lucky enough to be in a market that will survive a rebuild & if the core works, we know we have owners who will go into the luxury tax.

If it doesn't work, well, we tried. What I know is what we have now ain't working so I'll put my money on the other option because it has a chance of paying off.

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• Pessimism and overreaction with little patience sadly seem to dominate many Raptor fans. Reality check there is no quick or easy fix and in the big picture there are several things to be positive about. Is the glass half empty or half full? Yes the last third of the GS game was shocking brutal and maybe a blessing in disguise because after the best 2/3 of a game in a few years where they moved the ball and played great defense. Most people lost this important fact that they can do it. They reverted to their selfish shot forcing contested jump shot which led to a stream of turnovers and missed shots. They had more turnovers than assists ( 5 ) in the second half and after dominating the boards in the first half had 0 defensive boards and 1 offensive board in the last quarter. Some of the raps especially the backcourt needed a brutal reality check and if this doesn`t grab their attention nothing will. There will be no player movement before the Dec 15 trade of new player deadline. The GM has shown great patience in Denver unlike our previous GM who often tried the quick fix which rarely works.( too many examples to mention and too painful so we should be thrilled that the GM will take his time and get the best possible deal for the long term not a stopgap move that might give us a few more wins this year which probably wouldn`t make any significant difference in this years playoffs. The GM was hired for FIVE YEARS not for a quick fix. when he arrived in Denver he had a train wreak in front of him . He has many more good pieces and assets to work with in Toronto including the 3 additional draft picks he stole in the AB trade before the season which most of the experts said was not possible. Fans seem to have forgotten this major coup he pulled off shortly after arriving! He can`t get decent value for either RG or KL until the coaches force them to play like they did in the first 2/3 of the GS game. That process will take time and patience and the improvement will be up and down and gradual.
      There is NO QUICK FIX!!! Steve Fisher

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
        I'm with you! I'd rather see a competitive team. The one thing we can say is that our team had an opportunity to win every game they played so far. If we end up losing and getting a high to mid lottery pick, i'm absolutely fine with that!
        sign me up with this anti-tank group. These fair-weather fans make us look like the worst fanbase in the league. I'm never ever ever ever going to join a cult like the pro-tankers.
        Last edited by peanutwoozle; Fri Dec 6, 2013, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
          Lol nahh I don't think that's the case, I was being very narrow minded when i chose my original stance. I want whatever is best for this team. Its about making the sacrifices now so that we can reap the benefits later.
          I think we can beat Phoenix, and maybe LA if Kobe doesn't play.

Comment

• lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
            *confession time*
            I tried I really tried the tanking process but i just cant. (two games) I cant force my self to like losing and then be happy about it. it's not who i am I ugggh no point in explaining it. but ima say it before yall do... I am the first one to hop off the tank.
            ight, you guys can call me names now.
            Here's the deal. When you are a parent you come face to face with a time when your child wants to help. They are not able to help effectively, and letting them help will just slow the process down. but if you don't let them start helping, they will never learn how to do whatever it is they are eager to help with. So you bite your tongue and say "Sure lilmamba. Come on in here. You grab that basket and we will work on getting this done." An hour later, 30 minutes longer than it would have taken you if you had just done it yourself, you are done. And so what. What the hell is an extra 30 minutes of your time. And lilmamba has got a pretty good idea of what is required. So the next time she helps it only takes 15 minutes longer, then ten minutes longer, then five, and then you are done two minutes faster then you would have been. And then, for the next five years you are way ahead of the game.

You can call it tanking. But when you move veterans for picks or financial flexibility, you are allowing rookies to experience player development. And then you can start depending on them to play within your system. (Now you have to move Casey to get a system worth playing in).

Comment

• steve wrote: View Post
              Pessimism and overreaction with little patience sadly seem to dominate many Raptor fans. Reality check there is no quick or easy fix and in the big picture there are several things to be positive about. Is the glass half empty or half full? Yes the last third of the GS game was shocking brutal and maybe a blessing in disguise because after the best 2/3 of a game in a few years where they moved the ball and played great defense. Most people lost this important fact that they can do it. They reverted to their selfish shot forcing contested jump shot which led to a stream of turnovers and missed shots. They had more turnovers than assists ( 5 ) in the second half and after dominating the boards in the first half had 0 defensive boards and 1 offensive board in the last quarter. Some of the raps especially the backcourt needed a brutal reality check and if this doesn`t grab their attention nothing will. There will be no player movement before the Dec 15 trade of new player deadline. The GM has shown great patience in Denver unlike our previous GM who often tried the quick fix which rarely works.( too many examples to mention and too painful so we should be thrilled that the GM will take his time and get the best possible deal for the long term not a stopgap move that might give us a few more wins this year which probably wouldn`t make any significant difference in this years playoffs. The GM was hired for FIVE YEARS not for a quick fix. when he arrived in Denver he had a train wreak in front of him . He has many more good pieces and assets to work with in Toronto including the 3 additional draft picks he stole in the AB trade before the season which most of the experts said was not possible. Fans seem to have forgotten this major coup he pulled off shortly after arriving! He can`t get decent value for either RG or KL until the coaches force them to play like they did in the first 2/3 of the GS game. That process will take time and patience and the improvement will be up and down and gradual.
              There is NO QUICK FIX!!! Steve Fisher
              Sorry Steve. When I see a large block of text like this I just pass. Hit the enter key a couple of times to break the paragraph up into different thought segments. Shallow of me I know. But on the other hand, why not make it easier to read your posts?

Comment

Okay guys, I think its time I get real with myself. After the last game it really hit me. This team isn't headed anywhere with its current design. Cant believe I'm saying this lol, lets blow it up cause its really for our own good. Its not too late..
                Not to worry, welcome aboard the "tank" wagon...it will be the easier way I am convinced. We'll be bad for awhile (this and next possibly) but at least you'll know WHY and the players will be playing with a purpose. Just waiting for something to happen and not being proactive especially because you cannot (the cap, bad contracts) is worse isnt it? And then the treadmill while other teams who have already started the rebuild pass us by....again.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Not to worry, welcome aboard the "tank" wagon...it will be the easier way I am convinced. We'll be bad for awhile (this and next possibly) but at least you'll know WHY and the players will be playing with a purpose. Just waiting for something to happen and not being proactive especially because you cannot (the cap, bad contracts) is worse isnt it? And then the treadmill while other teams who have already started the rebuild pass us by....again.
                  yeah cant argue with that
                  We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                    sign me up with this anti-tank group. These fair-weather fans make us look like the worst fanbase in the league. I'm never ever ever ever going to join a cult like the pro-tankers.
                    I laughed at the utter stupidity of this post.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

A very real possibility and a good question that no one can predict, tanker or anti-tanker.

All we can do is hope that our management team works their tail off to give the prospects the best chance of succeeding. Also increasing the number of prospects will help the chances of one actually becoming great. Its all we can hope for.
                      so in other words, all we can hope for is to be like the Sacramento Kings, not buying it.

Comment

Okay guys, I think its time I get real with myself. After the last game it really hit me. This team isn't headed anywhere with its current design. Cant believe I'm saying this lol, lets blow it up cause its really for our own good. Its not too late..
                        don't join, I'm warning you, it's a cult.

Comment

I think we can beat Phoenix, and maybe LA if Kobe doesn't play.
                          The Raptors have yet to beat a .500 or better team. Both PHX and LAL are .500 or better. We may be able to beat them yes...but in all likely hood we play to the level of the Toronto Raptors, which to so many peoples apparent dismay, is 6-11. Face it, we are the Lolcats 2.0

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            The Raptors have yet to beat a .500 or better team. Both PHX and LAL are .500 or better. We may be able to beat them yes...but in all likely hood we play to the level of the Toronto Raptors, which to so many peoples apparent dismay, is 6-11. Face it, we are the Lolcats 2.0
                            We beat Phoenix twice last year, in recent history we have done well against them.

Comment

We beat Phoenix twice last year, in recent history we have done well against them.
                              Phoenix is a completely different roster this year though, so not sure last year's record carries much weight.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• When Ujiri fully shreds this roster (noticed I said "when" and not "if"....), the anti-tankers will still argue against it. Only religious fundamentalists are on the same level of ignoring reality

Comment

Working...
                                X