Raptors Seeking Bigs Through Trades, Free Agency & a Mysterious Third Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Seeking Bigs Through Trades, Free Agency & a Mysterious Third Way

...but not really. there is no other way other than a trade or free agency, gotcha. Well, actually, ok, there is, it's waiver claim, not really mysterious at all, i know, but, i'm just amusing myself here.

on to what i originally started this thread for...

Story in the works: BColangelo says #raptors are looking for bigs through trade, free agency.
    3 minutes ago via web
    http://twitter.com/SmithRaps
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Hmm... interesting. Full article from Doug:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...ors-camp-looms

Comment

David Harrison and Earl Barron are decent back ups - hell they are probably just as good or better then Evans and Dorsey.

Comment

I like how Doug made sure to formally squash any conjecture surrounding the Raps' prospective interest in acquiring Carmelo. He's always hated unrealistic wishful thinking.

Comment

noxleno wrote: View Post
          I like how Doug made sure to formally squash any conjecture surrounding the Raps' prospective interest in acquiring Carmelo. He's always hated unrealistic wishful thinking.
          Like Re-signing Chris Bosh?!

Comment

Couldn't a "mysterious third way" be someone from Siberia...or more realistically the big/centre who played for Turkey and was quite good at the tournament (better than Hedo!).

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Like Re-signing Chris Bosh?!
              hotshot, you're a little confused there i believe what you meant to say was realistic-unwishful thinking.

If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

noxleno wrote: View Post
                nah, re -read it he never said that.

They have no interest in getting involved in a multi-team deal that would facilitate Carmelo Anthony’s departure from Denver
                which means there's no interest in getting involved in a deal that would send carmelo to one of his preferred destinations which would result in the raptors prolly having to take some hefty contracts that can be bought out and some filler players.
                Last edited by LBF; Thu Sep 23, 2010, 09:02 PM.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                  hotshot, you're a little confused there i believe what you meant to say was realistic-unwishful thinking.

Ohh you mean unrealistic-wishful thinking like the Raptors making it to the second round of the playoff's under Colangelo's tenure as Raptor's GM?!

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    David Harrison and Earl Barron are decent back ups - hell they are probably just as good or better then Evans and Dorsey.
                    Barron would probably work. he averaged a double-double starting for the knicks. he's got blocks too.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                      Barron would probably work. he averaged a double-double starting for the knicks. he's got blocks too.
                      He can't shoot worth sheet, career 38% from the field and is a slightly below average defender and rebounder for a 7 footer at under 9 rebounds per 36 minutes for his career.

I would rather play Anderson than Barron.

Having to watch one Barron during a season is enough for me.
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

If its a question of having another true center, theirs always Cheikh Samb. He was on our Summer league and (generally speaking) is a big dumb brute that will try to block anything. He is 25 y/o but still has upside in the BBall IQ side... He wouldn't get more than garbage time anyway...

P.S. Kyrylo Fesenko is out there too.... (restricted F/A) could be had in some kind of Araujo/Humphries magic...
                        Last edited by Edgar; Fri Sep 24, 2010, 10:53 AM.
                        When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Colangelo Searching The Universe For Extra Big Man

“With the injury to Ed Davis, there has been more talk about adding a big,” Colangelo said Thursday.
                          “There’s a universe of bigs still out there,” the GM said.
                          “We probably lack a true five (centre),” Colangelo said. “If there was a true five available, it would fill a potential need.”
                          Source: The Star

Comment

Hey Apollo, this kind of ties into yesterday's thread about Colangelo looking to acquire a "big".

Comment

I am not so sure that any player movement of significance will happen before opening night.

In fact it wouldn't surprise me if all this talk about acquiring another big that will actually contribute will turn out to be another Avery Bradley special.
                              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                              X