Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Do You Want the Raptors to Play in the First Round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fully wrote: View Post
    We don't want to see Brooklyn or Chicago in the first round, it's that simple.

Washington is a better match up and will be going through a lot of the same post season growing pains as us. Getting them in the first round is the clear cut best case scenario.
    I'm less scared of Chicago than a lot people seem to be. They are playing amazingly right now (especially Noah) but I think they would really struggle to score enough to win a 7 game series while relying on DJ Augustin to play heavy minutes. Jimmer-mania is yet to be unleashed and he could be a factor once he learns their D concepts, but I don't think they are anything to fear more than anyone. Plus, a battle tested team like the Bulls could be better for our development as our players would really learn the value of each possession.

I don't there is a huge difference in our winning probability with any of the teams. They all present different challenges and we could easily win or lose any of the series.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Not only do the Bulls struggle to score, but I question whether they can continue to play each game for the rest of the season, and the playoffs, at the intensity level that they are currently playing with in order to compete. They pretty much had to do the same thing last season without Rose, and ultimately 'burned out' after game 1 against the Heat. Of course, they were unlikely to beat the Heat anyways, but it looked like they just had to play with a level of intensity and effort that was unsustainable, and so I wonder if this year will be any different. Nonetheless, I fear the JV/Noah matchup and would prefer to avoid them in the playoffs. But if they start to fall off prior to the playoffs than I will have less reservations about matching up with them in the playoffs. Here's the seeding I would like to see:

1. MIA
      2. IND
      3. TOR
      4. CHI
      5. Nets
      6. Was
      7. who cares
      8. who cares

Indy and MIA advance of course, and hopefully we can take out WAS. Nets beat the Bulls and face MIA, we face IND. I think those would be great 2nd round matchups. We can give the Pacers problems I think, maybe even take 2 games from them. The Nets are 3-0 against the Heat I think, so they would have the confidence and experience to make that an interesting series as well.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
        Not only do the Bulls struggle to score, but I question whether they can continue to play each game for the rest of the season, and the playoffs, at the intensity level that they are currently playing with in order to compete. They pretty much had to do the same thing last season without Rose, and ultimately 'burned out' after game 1 against the Heat. Of course, they were unlikely to beat the Heat anyways, but it looked like they just had to play with a level of intensity and effort that was unsustainable, and so I wonder if this year will be any different. Nonetheless, I fear the JV/Noah matchup and would prefer to avoid them in the playoffs. But if they start to fall off prior to the playoffs than I will have less reservations about matching up with them in the playoffs. Here's the seeding I would like to see:

1. MIA
        2. IND
        3. TOR
        4. CHI
        5. Nets
        6. Was
        7. who cares
        8. who cares

Indy and MIA advance of course, and hopefully we can take out WAS. Nets beat the Bulls and face MIA, we face IND. I think those would be great 2nd round matchups. We can give the Pacers problems I think, maybe even take 2 games from them. The Nets are 3-0 against the Heat I think, so they would have the confidence and experience to make that an interesting series as well.
        Good points. Also, Chicago doesn't have Deng anymore, so they are significantly less talented than last year.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
          Good points. Also, Chicago doesn't have Deng anymore, so they are significantly less talented than last year.
          For sure. A few weeks ago I was all over playing the Nets, but now I'm actually leaning towards WAS first, and then the Bulls in terms of preference. I guess whatever happens, the Raps will have to play really well in order to advance, and before the season is over my opinion is likely to change again.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
            For sure. A few weeks ago I was all over playing the Nets, but now I'm actually leaning towards WAS first, and then the Bulls in terms of preference. I guess whatever happens, the Raps will have to play really well in order to advance, and before the season is over my opinion is likely to change again.
            Yeah, before the Nets went on their winning streak, I think a lot of people felt that way. Before we lost to Was in 3OT, I'm sure more people would have said them too. The 4 teams are fairly even and depending on the last night's results, there will likely be a different "favourite" to play against.

Comment

The thing that has impressed me about the Nets recently has been their defense. We all know they have dangerous scoring potential, but if they continue to play good defense they will be tougher to play against than the Wiz, and maybe even the Bulls considering the Bulls offensive limitations.

Comment

Not a popular opinion but i want the Nets in the 1st round. I think we can beat these guys. It's also starting to annoy me that these media guys(ESPN specially) are starting to hype up the Nets once again. Today they were talking about "Could the Nets beat the Heat in the playoffs?" Jason Kidd as Coach of the Year. Billy King as GM of the Year.

Raptors who actually have a better record than the Nets are not getting any respect whatsoever.

One team that i want no part of is Chicago. I don't think there's a chance we play them anyway. But this Bulls team is scary. They're probably the best defensive team in the league. James Harden who's one of the best scorers in the game only scored 8 points tonight against the Bulls.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                X