X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas Mavericks: Friday, December 30

A showdown for the ages:

Dirk vs. Bargs

It is not very often in recent memory when you have Toronto facing Dallas with a better record.

(joking on the showdown)

I think the Raptors got a great shot tonight to surprise this Dallas team. Dallas played 3 solid teams and lost every game (heartbreaker last night) so I think they are not gonna respect the Raptors as much as some of those teams, and we might just catch em off guard. All the Raptors need to do is play defence. The Mavs do not have as many three point shooters like they did last year, and their defence has not been the same. I think Bayless is going to have a nice night going up against some slower point guards. The key players for the Raptors are James Johnson and Rasual Butler, playing at the three taking on Odom and Marion. Matchup nightmares. All Bargs has to do tonight is play D but maybe Dwane Casey will throw some different looks at Dirk.

The true showdown of the ages:

Derozan vs. Carter

Casey vs. Carlisle

Looks like it going to be a great game, and a great test for the Raps.
    Last edited by Red and White; Fri Dec 30, 2011, 11:56 AM.

Comment

I watched the Mavs opener against the Heat, and it was quite unwatchable, the mavs were particularly bad. That said, I can't see the raps winning this game. I'm just hoping that they keep up the defensive effort and that Demar finds his rhythm before the fourth quarter.
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

i think we'll win. They're coming off a back to back and they are an old team. The young Raptors team will win

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          i think we'll win. They're coming off a back to back and they are an old team. The young Raptors team will win
          The Raps looking to slow things down and grind it out could very well work against them with an older team like the Mavs.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            The Raps looking to slow things down and grind it out could very well work against them with an older team like the Mavs.
            If we want to profit from them being an old team and playing a back to back (and being out of shape starting the season) we should push the tempo and not grind it out. They played much better yesterday and, while there is always a chance, we shouldn't expect much. I think it's more likely that we will get in a hole.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
              If we want to profit from them being an old team and playing a back to back (and being out of shape starting the season) we should push the tempo and not grind it out. They played much better yesterday and, while there is always a chance, we shouldn't expect much. I think it's more likely that we will get in a hole.
              I agree. However I was just pointing out that under Casey thus far it has been a slow grind which would favour the Mavs, in my opinion.

Comment

Mavs are 0-3. Cant imagine them starting 0-4... aiming for a worst Champions start record? And their shape seems to be increasing, last loss to OCK was last sec.. and they looked good enough.
                I agree we need tempo on offense. I'm looking forward, if Casey will go for it, i'm sure he will have some plan. Our advantage is, he (Casey) should know very well how Mavs are playing.

Comment

Comment

I got money on the raps to win.. is that dumb?

Comment

lol that TSN Bargs intro, was classsssic, he needs Rosetta Stone.
                      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

i'm watching the game on TSN and the shot clock and time left in the qtr are cut off. I've tried changing tv setting but can't get it all on the screen. Anyone else having this problem?
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

james johnson just about threw an outlet pass into the courtside seats...

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                            i'm watching the game on TSN and the shot clock and time left in the qtr are cut off. I've tried changing tv setting but can't get it all on the screen. Anyone else having this problem?
                            Been on for me all game. Make sure you adjust your cable/satellite remote to normal view as well as your TV remote.

Comment

JJ going one on one with anyone makes me queasy
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X