Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer wrote: View Post
    Bargnani played his first game of the season like he played the first 13 of last year. Grabbing rebounds, getting blocks, playing man D. He missed a few help side rotations, but Indiana is a good team. If he plays like this every night, Raptors are on their way.
    This game in no way resembled the 13 game Bargnani we witnessed last year.

If he plays like this every night I hope Casey has the brass to stick him on the bench.

Comment

• Craiger wrote: View Post
      This game in no way resembled the 13 game Bargnani we witnessed last year.

If he plays like this every night I hope Casey has the brass to stick him on the bench.
      +1

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
        Bargnani played his first game of the season like he played the first 13 of last year. Grabbing rebounds, getting blocks, playing man D. He missed a few help side rotations, but Indiana is a good team. If he plays like this every night, Raptors are on their way.
        Yeah, not sure if we watched the same game, Puffer. Bargnani was awful last night. His offense was decent in the 1st, but his help defense was atrocious. From the 2nd quarter on, his man defense was better (until he got torched by West in the 4th), his help defense was still non-existent, and his jumper assumed the game ended at 7:30pm. We'll be lucky to win 25 games unless he turns things around fast.

Comment

• I thought Bargnani's 1st quarter and most of his man-defense was solid. After coming back into the game in the 2nd quarter, it was clear that the flu had zapped his energy, as he had absolutely no legs under him. I didn't understand why Casey continued to ride him, when it was clear that he was gassed. Once they had the big lead, they should have brought Gray in for defensive reasons. I also get so frustrated when he starts out games scoring well inside, only to have plays called for him to take stupid long-range jumpers. He was great at getting both Hibbert and West to commit 3 fouls each, but then they stopped feeding him down low.... made absolutely no sense to me.

Bargnani is far from my biggest concern on this team though. Our wings are horrendous. DeRozan and Fields should be backups, Anderson was good defensively (but invisible offensively) and Ross was a rookie deer-in-the-headlights. Amir falling in love with long-range 2's is also a cause for concern. Bargnani will be fine once his energy is back.

Comment

• Craiger wrote: View Post
            This game in no way resembled the 13 game Bargnani we witnessed last year....
            Probably overzealous of me, but the first quarter kind of was sticking in my head. He was running up on offence and back on defence, picked up all of his rebounds (probably) and I also saw a couple of blocks. Loved to see him going inside. But as has been mentioned, he petered out in the third and fourth. I agree it can probably be put down to the flu.

Have to see what he looks like on Saturday. I think he will come out hard again but will maintain it. I believe he feels he has something to prove and has memories of all the people going "OMG!" for the first few weeks last year. I bet he wants that feeling back.

As for West abusing him, West looked like he would have abused almost anybody last night. Again, I will be watching his D in the next few games. I thought he was moving well, and playing effective help in the 1st quarter. I remember thinking how well he and JV were operating on D together. the engineered some nice turnovers/steals.

Comment

• Saturday will be a win, book it

Comment

• Bargs was so bad on D tonight. Like a pylon. Yes, a nice block of Crash Wallace, but a pylon nonetheless. Interior D look very mediocre tonight. Great wing D, but Bargs is embarrassing.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• He continues to get lost when penetration happens. He either helps when there's already help, or doesn't help at all. He just doesn't know his positions on the floor, and that's a huge reason why JV was in foul trouble as well. He had to do EVERYTHING down low...
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• It wasn't his fault he got abused by G Force. How many 7 footers can guard a small forward like Wallace?

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                      It wasn't his fault he got abused by G Force. How many 7 footers can guard a small forward like Wallace?
                      How many 7 footers rebound as poorly as Bargnani? The excuses for Bargnani have run out on rebounding.

Both plays were very lackadaisical effort on his part. He was barely in a stance and did not even provide enough resistance to give the defense an opportunity to rotate or create a tougher angle for Wallace to get in to the heart of the key.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        How many 7 footers rebound as poorly as Bargnani? The excuses for Bargnani have run out on rebounding.

Both plays were very lackadaisical effort on his part. He was barely in a stance and did not even provide enough resistance to give the defense an opportunity to rotate or create a tougher angle for Wallace to get in to the heart of the key.
                        I'm not giving any excuses for Bargs poor rebounding. But there is no way he has the lateral quicks to guard Crash on the perimeter, regardless of how much effort he puts into it

EDIT: yea i get what you mean though, there wasn't much effort on his part

Comment

• Bargnani for Gay! let the rumors begin

Comment

• We'd have the best wing lineup in the league. DeRozan and Gay, that's close to VC and T Mac right there

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              We'd have the best wing lineup in the league. DeRozan and Gay, that's close to VC and T Mac right there
                              Wat. If VC and T-Mac stayed together, they likely would have been a better or comparable combo to LBJ and Wade.

Secondly, why the hell would Memphis want Bargnani?

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                                I'm not giving any excuses for Bargs poor rebounding. But there is no way he has the lateral quicks to guard Crash on the perimeter, regardless of how much effort he puts into it

EDIT: yea i get what you mean though, there wasn't much effort on his part
                                At the same time, he wasn't really sagging off of him; he was playing him far too tightly. Give him open shots. AND he didn't really bother to use HIS size advantage back at him on offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X