TROSS or Demar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TROSS or Demar

okay so i was just wondering who do u guys think will be better in there prime and also who would you NOT want to trade

Keep in mind
    Demar's Age is 24 years, 220 days as of today
    & TRoss is age is 23 years, 38 days as of today

It's no secret that when demar was in his second year he had better stats then Tross and also when demar was 23 (last year) he had better stats then TROSS at the age of 23 (this year)

I think in there prime Demar will be a better player then TRoss but not by a lot

Also if we were to trade one of them what do you guys think we can get for them
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

If it ain't broken, dont fix it.

but really, If Tross doesn't work at SF then we ll consider the many options. But he is working just fine FOR NOW.

Comment

are you kidding me? t ross is by far the one with higher potential. even now hes showing superior defense, not to mention a legitimate threat from downtown, something demar hasn't been able to develop ever, besides from the corners.

stats need context. demar became a starter directly in his rookie year. in second year he played 35 minutes a game. ross only became a starter by default 1/3 into THIS season and only plays about 25 min a game and even then gets inconsistent minutes.

they both play pretty distinct roles with different skill sets. but overall, i'd go for t ross easily.

Comment

Ya DeMar has put up better box scores...

But Ross is the better player

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
          are you kidding me? t ross is by far the one with higher potential. even now hes showing superior defense, not to mention a legitimate threat from downtown, something demar hasn't been able to develop ever, besides from the corners.

stats need context. demar became a starter directly in his rookie year. in second year he played 35 minutes a game. ross only became a starter by default 1/3 into THIS season and only plays about 25 min a game and even then gets inconsistent minutes.

they both play pretty distinct roles with different skill sets. but overall, i'd go for t ross easily.
          are u kidding me u just said Tross easily, I like him but DeRozan is basically better then him in everything but Defense and 3 point shooting

Deamar is also a All-star at the age of 24, do u think TRoss will be a All-star next year?
          I see atleast 3-4 more all-star games for Deamar and I think TRoss will be very lucky to get 2-3

I see Demar averaging around 25-27pts/4-6a & 5r with a PER of somewhere around 19-22 in his prime
          and i see TRoss averaging around 20-22pts/2-4/6r with a PER of somewhere around 17-20 in his prime
          Last edited by Abbas; Sat Mar 15, 2014, 11:29 PM.
          Abbas wrote:

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            Ya DeMar has put up better box scores...

But Ross is the better player
            DeMar can get to the line, pass, has better handling (although it's still not that good) is a better scorer overall and etc, T Ross only has 3's and defense as an advantage. DeRozan is no doubt the better player.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

I never liked the concept of pitting the two against each other. Never understood the whole 'there can only be one' thing.

That said, I think its absolutely ridiculous to say that Ross is currently "the better player".
              And again, while Ross may have skyhigh potential, one has to consider whether or not he will reach said potential, and maintain it for 82 games.

Demar has turned that potential into reality already, and continues to show signs of improvement across the board.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                I never liked the concept of pitting the two against each other. Never understood the whole 'there can only be one' thing.

That said, I think its absolutely ridiculous to say that Ross is currently "the better player".
                And again, while Ross may have skyhigh potential, one has to consider whether or not he will reach said potential, and maintain it for 82 games.

Demar has turned that potential into reality already, and continues to show signs of improvement across the board.
                Not sure why someone answered it like that. Clearly the question wasn't who's currently the better player.

Comment

Demar has a better overall game, including the smarts, instincts, and decision making.

Demar can read defences better (he has to, they put their best man on him and game plan for him), he knows how to make plays for others, and his penetration skewers the defence (leads to FTs and easy assists, and even when he misses, offensive rebounds are more likely after defensive collapse).

Ross has a lot to learn. He has the 3, he has the D, but I can't trust him running a pick and roll, and he hasnt shown the ability to penetrate consistently.

I personally think they compliment eachother VERY well, and would put the ball in Demars hands to make a play, while having Ross' finishing ability and star-potential defence flanking the wings.

In reference to T-Ross' potential, there is no guarantee he will figure out the subtleties in the game the way Demar has. T-Ross might have his finishing ability, and his D, but when he isn't scoring, he really isn't doing much of anything else on 'O'. He doesn't seem to have the penetration ability I would hope for a guy as explosive as Ross and that limits his ability to get to the line and assist. He has the potential to put it all together and become an All-star, but Derozan has shown he can score at a high level as the number 1 offensive option on a .600 team.

I simply would keep them together. Derozan and Ross maturing together will be great for both of them. Im actually really excited about our young wing duo.
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

don't forget, Derozan is CHEAP for his value.
                    Ross' extension will also be for a bargain in comparison to what he can become. If both of them really mature and bloom, we will have one of the best wing tandems in the East at a very manageable price (allowing us to surround them with real supporting talent)
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                      DeMar can get to the line, pass, has better handling (although it's still not that good) is a better scorer overall and etc, T Ross only has 3's and defense as an advantage. DeRozan is no doubt the better player.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                      THAT^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Honestly I think they work with with eachother, when they both hit there prime and if there still RAPTORS I think we would have a very NICE Duo.
                      Abbas wrote:

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                        Demar has a better overall game, including the smarts, instincts, and decision making.

Demar can read defences better (he has to, they put their best man on him and game plan for him), he knows how to make plays for others, and his penetration skewers the defence (leads to FTs and easy assists, and even when he misses, offensive rebounds are more likely after defensive collapse).

Ross has a lot to learn. He has the 3, he has the D, but I can't trust him running a pick and roll, and he hasnt shown the ability to penetrate consistently.

I personally think they compliment eachother VERY well, and would put the ball in Demars hands to make a play, while having Ross' finishing ability and star-potential defence flanking the wings.

In reference to T-Ross' potential, there is no guarantee he will figure out the subtleties in the game the way Demar has. T-Ross might have his finishing ability, and his D, but when he isn't scoring, he really isn't doing much of anything else on 'O'. He doesn't seem to have the penetration ability I would hope for a guy as explosive as Ross and that limits his ability to get to the line and assist. He has the potential to put it all together and become an All-star, but Derozan has shown he can score at a high level as the number 1 offensive option on a .600 team.

I simply would keep them together. Derozan and Ross maturing together will be great for both of them. Im actually really excited about our young wing duo.
                        Yes he is. He just simply needs to be on the court to make everyone around him better. With that shooting stroke he has it gives everyone else a lot more room to operate, the number 1 beneficiary being.. yep... DeMar.

That being said, I hate these kind of threads. I don't like to downplay anyone.

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                          Ross is a better passer and ball handler than DD. At least at the respective points in their careers.

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                          I would say Ross is one of our better pick and roll guards on the team....he is fantastic at attacking with the dribble and hitting the roller closer to the basket than DD has ever shown. He is a better shooter, athlete, defender. I would say he is already more rounded than DD is so when Ross hits his prime, I have no doubt that he is going to be the better player.

The OP referred to who will be better "in their prime"

Comment

I think Ross' ballhanding is actually pretty good. He had a rough game or two recently but by and large he has been rather safe with the ball this season. Not saying it couldn't do with some improvement, but yeah.

Comment

The fact that a thread like this exists is why Raptors fans are not allowed to have nice things.

THIS IS NOT AN EITHER OR CONVERSATION!!!!

THE RAPS CAN HAVE BOTH!!!

Seriously. Stop it. They work well together.

The Raps need a better bench. Probably need a more offensive minded starting 4 so that Amir can come off the bench and play some 4 and 5. Maybe a wing player better than Salmons. At this point in the development of their players that's all they need. A lot of the improvements to the squad will be internal as the 2 starters on rookie contracts improve.

I refuse to declare who's better than whom because they are at completely different stages in their development. More importantly, both are Raptors -- as a fan of the Raptors I get to enjoy both their games. Why spoil that?

Comment

Working...
                              X